Com Error crashes, or Com Error is a common error with QuickBooks accounting software. It often causes a lot of troubles for the users. Since QuickBooks is an ace accounting software and it keeps crucial data like account statements, card information, invoices, etc., one should be very cautious when this error appears. Here are some dependable tips and solutions to get rid of such crashes.
Before You Continue with Troubleshooting Steps:
In this blog post, we are going to offer you six solutions that will in most chances fix Com Error. But before you continue to perform those steps, please make sure that your MS Office is updated to the latest release. You should know that Microsoft has lately released a patch for MS Office and this patch sometimes can fix Com Error. Changing to a monthly channel can be a useful thing to keep from receiving Com Errors. These solutions should fix com error for you. If you still face any issue, you can contact to QuickBooks Error Support team which provides round the clock assistance.
Com Error Troubleshooting Steps
If the error persists even after updating your Office with the latest release, you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
Note: Please apply these solutions in the provided sequence only and repeat the troubleshooting process that caused the error after every solution. I the error is still not fixed, move to the next solution.
Solution 1: Make Outlook your default mail app
- Click Start > go to Control Panel > select Default Programs > set up your default programs.
- Open Program List > click MS Outlook > choose Set this program as default.
- Click OK
Solution 2: Add an Email Account to MS Office
- Open MS Outlook > select File menu.
- Choose Add Account to start setup.
- Put in the email address you wish to add and click Connect.
- Wait while Outlook to itself detects the appropriate server settings > click Connect.
- Provide the password of the added email account > click OK.
- Choose OK to complete setup.
Note: If QuickBooks Desktop is unable to detect Microsoft Outlook, restart your system and repair QuickBooks software. To make sure if QuickBooks Desktop failed to identify Outlook, go to Edit > select Preferences >select Send Forms >choose My Preferences to see if the option to select Outlook is available. You might also require a new user profile for Windows. If the new Windows profile still doesn’t detect Outlook in QuickBooks preferences, you should repair QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Toggle mail settings
- Go to Control panel > Mail.
- Choose Microsoft Outlook.
- In the Mail Setup window, select Show Profile.
Note: Steps 2 and 3 may be omitted if Outlook is already set as default mail program.
- If “always use this profile” radio button is already checked, select prompt for a profile to be used and click Apply.
- Select “always use this profile” again and click Apply.
- Select OK.
Solution 4: Create a new MS Outlook email profile
- Close MS Outlook
- Click Start button > Go to the Control Panel > click Mail.
- Choose Show Profiles >click Add
- Enter a name for the email profile under Profile Name > click OK.
- Follow the prompts to add an email account to use in your profile.
- Select the drop-down under “Always use this profile” >select the new profile you just created > click Apply > click OK.
Note: This step does not remove the existing Outlook Profile.
Solution 5: Repair MS Office and run Windows Update
Next, you should repair office and run Windows Update. These steps are quite simple. You can also read some Microsoft articles that provide detailed steps to perform these actions.
Note: The makers of QuickBooks, Intuit offers no support for Microsoft applications and the company is not accountable to run these tools. In case you are not able to perform these tasks yourself, you should hire an IT professional to for help. If done inappropriately you may face the following issues:
- MS Windows and/or Office may give you errors
- You may lose MS Office License and may not be able to reinstall that.
Solution 6: Run QuickBooks in compatibility mode
- Right click the QuickBooks icon on your desktop > select Run QuickBooks in compatibility mode.
- Choose Compatibility > check the box which reads “Run this program in compatibility mode for” in Compatibility mode section.
- Select Windows 7 from the drop-down.
- Under Privilege Level section, check “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Click Apply
- Click OK.
Thanks for giving your precious time to read this helpful article. we hope that you got the solution after following these troubleshooting steps. We wish that you found the solution of com error crashes in QuickBooks.
If you still need support or help regarding this problem or have any kind of other issue related to QuickBooks, then Please contact to our QuickBooks technical support phone number through our toll free number that is +1(800)880-6389.