QuickBooks, the world’s leading accounting software is instrumental in putting small and mid-sized business owners, entrepreneurs and accountants close to their business goals. Though it’s an innovative software, it’s not entirely free from errors. One error that as a user you may receive is “QuickBooks Banking Error 102”.
This error may occur when your bank’s website has some technical glitches, website maintenance is going on, or a server has some issue in transferring data between website of the bank and QBO. If you are facing this error, these following tips may help you. If you want quick resolution of any QuickBooks Issue then you can contact our QuickBooks error support team that remains active 24/7.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error code 102?
Here are some suggestions to resolve the banking error 102.
Tip 1: Check if Your QuickBooks Online Requires Account Updates
If there is no maintains sign on your bank’s or credit card’s site or any other issue you can find out, you should manually update your account details in QuickBooks Online. There will be an update button at the top right-hand corner. Click the button and it will provide you with more information with updates. You should try to run at least three manual updates at the hours that aren’t supposed to be busy for the bank website.
Not all accounts are automatic. Some may demand manual updates. In such a case, you will be informed in connection interview. While, in case of an auto update, if you don’t see the current days details after an auto update, you will have to update your information manually.
- Go to the “Menu” at the left corner of your screen and select “Banking.”
- Select “clear unwanted accounts” if you wish to update only selected accounts.
- Choose “Update now.”
- Provide your “MFA (Multi-factor Authentication)” upon being prompted and select “Continue” to update the details.
One manual update will have you covered for 90 days. A new listing mentioned in those 90 days will be downloaded. Doing this will ensure that even if you require to leave the days between updates, despite you will get the most updated information even if your account is connected to your bank account.
Tip 2: Check if your Account Details are Accurate
Try to login to your bank’s account using the URL provided by your bank with online banking. In case you fail to connect to your bank, follow the given six steps. Check out the below mention details adding your bank accounts to download and fix transactions in QB Online – The error might be caused because you are not able to connect to your bank.
Steps to connect to your bank account in QBO
Here is how you can connect to your bank Account in QuickBooks Online:
- Go to the “Menu” at the left corner and select “Banking.”
- In case you are linking to a bank for the first time, go to “Search” and see if the name of your bank is there.
- If you are already linked to a bank, click “Add Account” and find the name of your bank.
- Choose your bank from the list.
- For the website of your bank, put in your “User ID/Login ID” and Password
- Click “Continue”.
- If needed by your bank, furnish the added security verification steps, and click “Connect securely”.
- Click on the symbol of the bank to the left of your account to connect it and from drop-down menu, select your bank type or credit card account. In case you do not have an existing account, you will find an option “Add + new” to make a new account.
- After you join your account for the first time, QuickBooks software will download online transactions for last 90 days and also your banking and cc transactions overnight. Transactions can also be downloaded for less number of days.
- Select “Connect”. It may take a couple of minutes or longer.
- Once the download is complete, you will automatically go back to the banking page. Next, the “Review” tab will consist of transactions that were downloaded from your bank or financial institution. You can review, classify and accept the transaction in QuickBooks.
In case your bank is not listed, or you fail to connect or the data you require in older than 90 days, you will have contact your bank or download transaction from the site of your bank and then upload them to your QuickBooks.
Tip 3: Read all Account Information or Notifications
If you can login successfully, read messages, notifications or warning that you may have received from your bank. This may tell you what is not working properly. Furthermore, you should able to check your account summary, history, and transactions with ease.
Tip 4: Let the bank take action
In case you are still receiving the error, you should wait for your bank to work on it. They may be trying to fix any probable issue with your server. Give your bank at least 24 hours to work on it.
Tip 5: Check if Your Account is New to the Bank
You may also get the banking error if you have recently opened your account, or that is new to the bank or credit card. Please note that some new accounts do not function with online banking. In this case, you should contact your bank/credit card provider for more details.
If the error still exists, you can call our round the clock QuickBooks online support team at +1(800)880-6389 and speak to our experts. We will fix the QuickBooks banking error 102 as well as any other QB related issue for you in the least possible time.