QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software available in the market today. Since this application comes with many perks, small and medium businesses heavily depend on it. Right from managing the finances to invoices, to payroll, QuickBooks has many features which ensures smooth transition of a business.
Even though QuickBooks is very beneficial, its users do face certain errors at times. One of the common errors is the QuickBooks Error H505 which is basically the problem with multi-user hosting set up. When a user tries to access a company file on another computer and that system is devoid of certain installation setup then this error often occurs.
The error is part of a series of errors that involve the hosting setting including- error codes 6000 82, H101, H202, H303 and H505.
Below are some of the causes of QuickBooks Error H505
- When the user makes an attempt to access the company file that is located on another computer and QuickBooks fails to reach the server leads to error H202.
- The QuickBooks installed in the computer is set up to allow the shared connections to the company file. However, QuickBooks in not able to communicate which leads to the error H202.
- When an user tries to open the company file that is located on another computer, that needs additional installation and set-up for successful approach also causes the errors H101, H303 and H505
- The opening of QuickBooks company file failed on the computer while QuickBooks set up is in the multi-user mode.
When the QuickBooks Error H505 Encounter
- The computer might have firewall security software that might be blocking access to where the company file is located.
- QuickBooks fails to get the Internet Protocol address of the computer where the company file is placed.
- Damaged .ND file
- The hosting configuration setting is incorrect
Solutions to the QuickBooks Error H505
Solution 1: Create Exception Settings for Firewall
- First click on Start and then go to the Control Panel
- Now click on the Control Panel and Search for Firewall settings
- Click on the Firewall settings and then on Allow a Program through Firewall
- After this click on Add Program and the on add QuickBooks 20xx to the exception list
- Now restart the computer to make sure that all changes are applied correctly
Solution 2: Analyze QuickBooks Hosting Settings
- Open QuickBooks software on both computers configured as multi-user.
- Now click on the file and then on Utilities followed by Stop Hosting Multi-user configuration
- Now turn on the hosting file on one computer by going to Utilities and then on Host Multi-user configuration
- After this restart both the QuickBooks again.
Solution 3: Change Setting of QuickBooks Folder Location
- First make a new folder on the hosting computer then click on share it followed by set Windows access permissions to share the company file
In case you aren’t able to access the QuickBooks file server then you have to report to the IT professionals
- Now copy the .qbw file to the new folder
After this you have to open the company file in the multi-user mode.
H505 Error on Windows Server
The user needs to check first the connectivity so that they can use Network Diagnostic Tool from the Intuit QuickBooks tool list. However, at times it is noticed by the Accounts Pro Team where the WIN server compatibility causes the issues. Below we will discuss in detail the Windows Server and its compatibility.
The Company file is on another computer
QuickBooks can be both locally as well as remotely used by the users in a company. In fact, the users can login remotely together and work and they can also parallelly work in the locally hosted QuickBooks. However, the issue arises when one user logged in QuickBooks remotely, while another user wants to use it locally and that leads to errors. The users will get message which will say That QuickBooks file already open in another system and you have to log out first on that location.
QuickBooksDBXX service crashes because of some changes in the registry and after after scanning the user doesn’t find any solutions. Whenever the users want to log into the hosted QuickBooks server the error message pops up saying, ‘This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.”
Often the QuickBooks users complains that the multi-user mode is not working but in many cases it is noticed that either the user have not installed QuickBooks on a server as Administrator or have forgotten to enable the multi-user mode. In few other instances users have not switched to the multi-user mode to work and Intuit provides few guidelines to install QuickBooks for multi-user mode. Due to the damages in the QuickBooks files users face Errors codes like H101, H202, H303, and H505
QuickBooks Multi-user mode not working
Even though you will be able to find solution to the errors in the internet, you will sometimes require help of experts. In such cases you need to get in touch with the experienced QuickBooks experts who are available 24/7 to assist you. A great thing about availing the QuickBooks support is that the experts not only provide solution to your problem but also guide you how to avoid them in the near future.