All you need to learn how to fix Crash: Com error in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows:
QuickBooks desktop is one of the finest accounting software present in the market. It is largely preferred by entrepreneurs, as well as accounting professionals. The popularity of QuickBooks software can’t hide the fact that it is prone to certain errors at times. One such error is QuickBooks Crash com error. This is one the most common error that makes the most nuisance for the users. It affects the system, and also the crucial data and can be seen when major updates are launched by Microsoft. In today’s article, we will be talking about the causes and also the quick fixes to the crash com error.
If you are also facing any such error, then make sure to read this article carefully till the end. However, if you are seeking for expert assistance, then feel free to contact our QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-880-6389. We are a hub of tech-savvy professionals, who work in a way to provide the best possible assistance to QB users.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks License Error after Cloning?
What is QuickBooks Crash Com Error?
Crash com error in QuickBooks desktop is one of the most common errors that users face. This error causes lot of problem especially because the software consists of many financial data and records. In fact, it affects the business operations of small and business operations using the accounting software. This issue can be seen when the user tries to send emails, invoices, paystubs, transactions or reports. Crash com error can end up in losing the unsaved data, which can be very disheartening for the QuickBooks users. However, this crash com error can be rectified using a few possible solutions, which will be discussed later in this article.
Triggers to QuickBooks Crash Com Error
There can be a plenty of causes to QuickBooks Crash Com Error, a few of which are scribbled below:
- In case the Windows or MS-Office components are missing or damaged, then it is probable to encounter crash com error.
- There might be chances that any kind of virus or Trojan hampering the software.
- Or if any malicious software mistakenly deletes the crucial QuickBooks related files.
- The Error can also be seen, when the antivirus or firewall program blocks the QuickBooks communication process.
- The user can also encounter this error, when the QuickBooks software fails to communicate with the client or email service.
- Another trigger to the error can be if the QuickBooks components get damaged somehow.
When can user encounter Crash Com Error?
Before deploying any kind of solutions, let us first understand, when can the user stumble upon this error. Let us have a look at the list of the situations, when the user can face this annoying error.
- While opening report in QuickBooks
- Or while saving something in QuickBooks
- At the time of emailing invoices
- When opening invoices
- During the process of opening the check register
- While attaching any document in QuickBooks
Best Solution Steps to Resolve Crash com error in QuickBooks desktop
Here you can find the best solution methods to fix this QuickBooks Error. Please follow these given troubleshooting steps:
Solution 1: Make Outlook as a default Mail app
- To begin with, the user needs to visit the Control Panel, then Default Program and Set Default Program
- And then select MS outlook.
- And lastly, make it as the default program by clicking OK button.
Solution 2: Adding Email account to Outlook
- In this process, the user is supposed to move to the MS Outlook and then select the File Menu
- The next step is to select Add Account to start the setup process
- And then provide the email address and then select on the Connect tab.
- Outlook will automatically the right server settings and once done select Connect.
- After this enter the password for the email address provided and then click on OK button.
- And finally choose OK and finish the complete set up.
Important: If QuickBooks Desktop is not able to identify Outlook, (to examine this, go to Edit > Preferences > Send Forms > My Preferences tab to see if you have the option to choose Outlook) you might should reboot the computer and repair QuickBooks. You could additionally need to create a new Windows user profile. If the new Windows account does not discover Outlook in QuickBooks preferences, repair work QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Toggle the Mail Settings
- To begin with, go to the Control Panel and then click Mail
- After that select Microsoft Outlook.
- Followed by selecting Show Profile in the Mail Set Up
- In case the Always Use this profile tab is already selected then you have to choose a prompt for the profile and then select Apply button.
- Always Use this profile to toggle the selection back and then apply it
- End the process by clicking on OK tab
Solution 4: Make a New Outlook Mail Profile
- First of all close the Microsoft Outlook
- Then go to Control Panel and then Mail.
- Followed by selecting Show Profile option.
- After this click on Add.
- And then, under the profile name add a name and then select OK button.
- By following the instructions provided on the screen provide the email account to be used.
- Lastly, select Use this profile drop down and then select newly create profile and click on Apply then click OK.
Solution 5: Fix Office and Windows Update for Run
Often certain features of Microsoft Office like excel, word etc. Do not work properly. They can be easily fixed by restarting the system, but when that doesn’t help you have to get it repaired. Here the ways to repair it.
- Make a right click on the Windows start button in the Windows 8 or 10 version and then select Apps and feature on the pop-up menu bar.
- After this select the feature or product of Microsoft which you want to fix and then select modify option.
- Either you will get Click to Run or MSI-based installation, it all depends on the version of Microsoft.
Click to Run
- Make sure everything is alright when you want to repair the programs of Office. Select on Online Repair and then select Repair.
- First change the installation, then select Repair and click on Continue button.
- Instructions will be provided on the screen follow them and complete the repair process.
Solution 6: Run QuickBooks on Compatibility Mode
- First select the QuickBooks icon on the desktop and then select QuickBooks option on Compatibility Mode.
- Check the box in the Compatibility Mode section after choosing Compatibility and run this program in that mode.
- After this select Windows 7 from the drop down.
- Go to the privilege level section and check run this program as the administrator.
- Finally Apply and then choose OK button.
Solution 7: Adding new Windows Admin user
- In order to fix the issue, the user can simply craft a new windows user with administrator preferences.
- And then, log in windows with the new admin credentials.
- Lastly, re-open QuickBooks software and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 8: QuickBooks desktop and company file fine-tuning
- The very first step in this process is to, open and update QuickBooks to the latest release.
- And then, opt for QuickBooks manual updates, in case of QuickBooks update errors.
- After that, the user is recommended to open and verify the QuickBooks company file to check the data integrity of the company file.
- The next step in the process is to open the item on which the QuickBooks crash com error was encountered and then make an attempt to email it.
- To end the process, the user is required to make an attempt to open certain reports or email it, in order to check whether the issue continues.
You may also read: Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Crash com error generally damages to the system, yet the QuickBooks data can be saved by following these above given simple steps. These troubleshooting steps have proven to be of great help in order to efficiently handle the QuickBooks com error.
We hope that you found this blog helpful to fix crash com error in QuickBooks. However, if still the crash com error does not get fixed then reach out to the QuickBooks enterprise support team as they will provide you with an instant solution to this problem. Dial +1(800)880-6389 and get assistance by our experts.
You may also like: