Are you using QuickBooks software and facing issues like QuickBooks Error 6147, 0. Then this blog post may help you to resolve this error. Generally, this is a common error code and appears when a users company file is get damaged or not properly located where they have stored in their computer device.
You may see the following error message:
Error code -6147,0 when attempting to open my company file or a backup file
In this post, we have briefly described why this is happen and what solutions do a user required to fix an error codes.
Reasons behind QuickBooks error 6147, 0
- It is caused when your QB data file gets corrupted.
- You are restoring the backup using the network drive.
- Backup file name that goes beyond the limitation of about 210 Characters.
- There is a damaged Windows user
- Damaged QBW files
You may also read: Steps to fix QuickBooks error code 6000 83
Fixing QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0
A user need to check whether the new release of a QuickBooks software is up-to-date or not. The another method is you need to install and then run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to diagnose the company file errors or any network problem.
Solution 1: Save your Copy of a backup file into a local computer
- Open your QB file main menu and then select as utilities. Check if you see to host with a multi-user mode to access option, then choose the yes option and click on yes. It will prompts for a Company file that is closed. Click to yes option as again.
- Then restore and take another backup file from your local backup.
- Ensures that your company file path link is not more than 210 characters if the changes of a company file are located. Try to import it.
- Get to connect and send your file via the QB data service team.
Solution 2: Trend Micro Antivirus security for your System/Laptop
- First go to the Antivirus settings.
- Then Select to ignore the track or can say the path option.
- Now ignore the main company file folder from it.
- Now press or hold the Ctrl shortcut key. Then as simultaneously open your QuickBooks software. To know at where your data file is located into a device.
- Now open your QuickBooks software without opening any company data file.
- Then hold the F2 key button. This will open the pop-up at which a user can see your product details consisting at where is the location of a company file folder path.
- If found any error or persist it again-n-again, consult from your Antivirus Service Provider or Your Antivirus Support Team.
Solution 3: Run the rebuild the Utility tool
To fix this error you can run verify and rebuild data utility:
- From the main file menu, click on utilities.
- Then click on rebuild the data.
- If you receive an instant backup to take company file data, then click to the OK button.
- If your PC displays the message & your QuickBooks is not responding. Now click to the OK button.
See Also: What is QuickBooks error code 2277
Solution 4: Trend Micro Active Scan & have to keep the folder aside that holds the company file details.
To find the company file location.
- Just give a double-click on QB software and then press the CTRL key on your keyboard.
- First open an application without opening a company file.
- Now choose the company file from a Window heading by selecting ‘No Company Open’.
- Also, make your certain & company file is on the top.
Hopefully above troubleshooting method will resolve your issue. If yet facing this typical QuickBooks error 6147, 0 then troubleshoot it by asking expert guidance through calling at QuickBooks Error support phone number i.e. 1-844-405-0907. Feel hassle-free in connecting to our professionals and get instant support avails for 24/7/365.
Read more helpful articles: