Efficient Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3371
QuickBooks is a robust accounting software that has helped millions of business owners in achieving their business goals. The software is notably an asset for small and mid-sized businesses in particular. However, it sometimes encounters some errors that can interrupt the work of the users and leave them wondering for a solution. The accounting software, while getting reconfigured or at the time of activation, may receive QuickBooks Error Code 3371 – Status Code 11118. You will fail to open QuickBooks file if your QB Desktop encounters this error.
A box with the following message would appear – QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
For troubleshooting steps, note the error and type the following in a web browser window: www.quickbooks.com/support/register.html.
If you click OK at the bottom of the box, you will receive another message box reading –
QuickBooks has encountered a problem on start-up. This may be due to an invalid software license. Insert the QuickBooks CD into your computers and then reinstall the software. If you encounter the problem again, contact Technical Support.
If you click OK in this box, the window will disappear. Now, repeating the same process, again and again, can be frustrating. This issue can really impact your work if you are doing something important or are in a hurry since the QuickBooks Error 3371 status code -11118 will let you use QB at all.
QuickBooks Error Code 3371 – Causes
It is mandatory for you to store license details in the hard drive of your computer. You can understand it in a way that Intuit makes it compulsory to have license information stored on your hard drive. By any mean, if that data, file, or license information gets corrupted, damaged or missing; you can experience this issue.
This error code can also occur while cloning the data on the c:/ drive to a new hard drive. In a case like this, you will have to remove or delete your entitlement file. Then, you will have to re-enter your license information to get QB Error 3371 resolved.
- Qbregistration.dat: Qbregistration.dat is an installation file that holds your QB license information. Intuit – QuickBooks looks for this particular file, whenever it is active. In case this gets damaged; you may receive this error code.
- Damaged MSXML component: An important Microsoft component, MSXML is needed by QuickBooks desktop to function on your system. If this component is damaged, it can trigger malfunctioning and issues in accessing this QuickBooks software.
Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118
The two dialogue boxes that pop up on your screen display two different solution procedure to fix this issue. If you go back and read them, one suggests about reinstalling your software and the other recommends opting for online support. However, the solutions in both the boxes seem inefficient and insignificant. Below are some reliable solutions that you can try:
- Press window key + R together on your keyboard and a window will appear at the bottom left of your screen
- Type (or copy and paste) C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- You will reach window explorer page of the given location
- Delete this ecml file and close the window.
- Now, Run QuickBooks, and Register the product again.
If the issue persists after you perform the above-mentioned solution, move on to the second.
- Firstly, Click the Start button (the window key).
- After that click All Programs and then Window update.
- Now Click on check for updates.
- Install the new updates and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
With above-mentioned solutions you should be able to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 3371. In case the issue still exists, then you can use the QB Component Repair Tool. And also perform a clean install.