Steps to resolve email issues in QuickBooks desktop
Efficient and widely used accounting software, QuickBooks is popular among small and medium sized business. It has been designed with top technology and user-friendly qualities.
The software enhances business growth and eases the financial work. QuickBooks also ensures quick and smooth transaction of emails to all the concerned. But sometimes, it faces issues while sending mails.
In this article, we have discussed about the email issues of QuickBooks desktop that occurs while mailing invoice to the client through QuickBooks. You can resolve this issue with the help of below given steps:
Error: QuickBooks is not able to process email to Outlook
The following can be the reasons for the same:
- Email settings are not correct
- .dll file has been damaged
- QuickBooks runs as administrator
- Incorrect or damaged QuickBooks installation
- Damaged or incorrect Outlook installation
- While sending email through QuickBooks, Outlook opens in the background
You may see error as “Error: QuickBooks is not able to process email to Outlook”
How to Resolve Email Issues in QuickBooks Desktop
Below listed are some solutions that you can try to resolve this problem. If the problem persists after following these steps, then you can contact our QuickBooks Error Support & advisors at 1-844-405-0907 to save your time and efforts.
Solution 1: Make sure that the QuickBooks is not running as administrator
- Right click on the icon of QuickBooks. Select ‘Properties‘.
- Now choose the ‘Compatibility‘ tab
- If Run this program as Administrator is selected, then ‘Unselect‘ it. (If you find that the color of ‘Run this program as Administrator‘ is grey then first choose the ‘Show Settings for All Users’
- Click ‘Okay‘
- Now, restart QuickBooks which will resolve this issue.
Solution 2: Ensure that Email Preference has been correctly set in QuickBooks
If you use Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft Exchange Server, then Open Outlook and sign in before you start checking the preferences set in QuickBooks.
- Select ‘Edit-> Preferences -> Send Forms‘
- Now click on ‘My Preferences‘ tab and set ‘Send E-mail using’ and the option you want to use. Then, click ‘OK‘.
- If you find the preference to be set correctly, then follow the following steps:
- Choose ‘Edit -> Preferences -> Send Forms’
- Choose the tab of ‘My Preferences‘ select ‘QuickBooks E-mail‘ and Click ‘OK‘.
- Click on ‘Edit -> Preferences‘
- Select ‘Outlook‘ and Click ‘OK‘.
- Now, close QuickBooks and other programs.
- Restart Windows and then, restart QuickBooks
- Now email the report.
Solution 3: Ensure that email preference is set correctly in Internet Explorer
- First of all, close QuickBooks and Open ‘Internet Explorer’
- Select ‘Tools > Internet Options‘
- Now, click on ‘Programs‘ tab
- Check whether correct email program has been set as the default email program, i.e. when you send email through Outlook, then Outlook should be select and vice versa for Outlook Express.
- Now, close the ‘Internet Explorer‘
- Open QuickBooks and email the report.
Solution 4: Test and repair MAPI32.dll
The steps to test and repair are technical and should be performed by an IT professional. If you need IT support to resolve this issue, you can contact us too for help (Charges May Apply).
Use Microsoft Word to test the functionality of MAPI32.dll
- Restart the computer and reopen Windows
- Open a document in Microsoft Word
- Select ‘File > send > Email as PDF document‘
- If no error occurs, contact our QuickBooks Technical Support for assistance
- If an error occurs, then contact Microsoft Help and Support to resolve issues with Outlook or Office Suite and the MAPI settings
- Once the issue is resolved, email the report.
- Close all ‘Windows‘ and click on ‘Windows Start’
- Go to ‘Computers‘ and Go to ‘C:\Windows\System32‘
- Double-click on ‘Fixmapi.exe file‘ and follow all the instructions on the screen
- After ‘Fixmapi.exe‘ stops running, you can restart your computer.
This should only be done if repairing MAPI32.dll does not resolve the problem.
- Firstly, Close your all programs.
- Use ‘file explorer‘ and ago to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033‘
- Rename ‘MAPI32.dll‘ to ‘MAPI32.dll.OLD‘
- Restart your computer and run ‘Fixmapi.exe‘ again
- When ‘Fixmapi.exe‘ stops, restart the computer
Solution 5: Reinstall QuickBooks
You need to uninstall your QuickBooks and then reinstall it again on your computer.
Solution 6: Repair Outlook
You can repair your outlook with the help of the following article:
We hope that above given steps are helpful for you to resolve email issues in QuickBooks.