A Quick Guide To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15311
QuickBooks is a leading accounting software that has assisted millions of small and mid-sized business in taking their organizations to the next level and making profits. With its all-around features and tool, this accounting software enables business owners to perform intricate tasks such as bookkeeping, accounting, generating invoices, filing taxes and more with ease and carves their path to success. Though it’s an innovative software, it sometimes receives errors that may force users to pause their work.
One error code that may cause work disruption for users is QuickBooks Error 15311. In this post we will discuss about this error’s possible causes and the beast troubleshooting steps to permanently resolve these type of errors. However, you can also avail QuickBooks error support services for get instant help from professionals.
You may also read: How to rebuild and verify data file in QuickBooks desktop?
When QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15311 Occurs?
This error mostly occurs when the users of the software can’t refresh QuickBooks properly. QuickBooks Error Code 15311 appears through application establishment, when QB related software are running, while windows is starting or shutting down or during the installation of QuickBooks accounting software.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
“QuickBooks update cannot be complete successfully’ and ‘Cannot connect to QuickBooks Payroll”.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000?
Why Do QuickBooks Error 15311 Appears?
There may be one or more of the following reasons causing this error code to appear:
- Partial or unsuccessful installation of QuickBooks software.
- Virus, malware or other malicious software.
- Deletion of Windows files by mistake or by any malicious software.
- Corruption in QuickBooks files or installation.
- Damaged Windows registry file.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 15311?
- Corrupt download file of QuickBooks software
- Incomplete installation of the software
- Virus infection that affected QuickBooks related files or software
- Missing some files from QuickBooks
- Some program maliciously deleted QuickBooks-related files
- Window registry files corruption
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311
Here are some of the most reliable solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 15311:
Solution 1: Download and Install a Digital Signature Certificate
- Press Windows key and in search box type “QBW32.exe.”
- In case you don’t find the file, click “More Results.”
- Click on Computer icon on the screen that appears next.
- Find “QBW.exe” in search results which will have a type of Application.
- Do a right click on “QBW3.exe” and select “Properties“.
- Tap on “Digital Signature” button and ensure that Intuit Inc is checked in the list.
- Tap on “Details.“
- Select “View Certificate” in the Digital Signature Details window.
- Certificate Window will appear and now select “Install Certificate“.
- Keep clicking next until you see “Finish” button.
- Click “Finish“.
- Restart your computer to allow changes to take place and open QuickBooks to check if the error 15311 still persists.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 404?
Solution 2: Check Internet Explorer Settings
Note: Before you perform this step, make sure the Internet Explorer is your default browser.
- Ensure that the date and time at the bottom right of your computer are correct.
- Double click on “Time display” at the bottom right hand corner.
- Rectify the “Date and time” if required.
- Select “Time Zone” and choose the “Correct time zone“.
- Verify the “Cipher Strength“.
- Go to the “official website of Intuit“.
- Press the “Alt key” on your keyboard to see the menu bar.
- Click on File and then “Properties“.
- Check the number under connection and then phrase “bit encryption.”
- Now, update settings through “Tools” and then move on to “Internet Options“.
- Click “Tools” first and then “Internet Options“.
- Select all temporary files and delete them by pressing “Delete key” on the keyboard.
- Go to “Connections tab” and choose “LAN Settings“.
- Select the checkbox next to “Automatically Detect settings.”
- Make sure that Proxy servers are blank if you don’t plan to use any of them.
- Scroll down in “Advanced tab” and mark “SSL 2.0” and “SSL 3.0“.
- If already marked to verify the “Publisher’s Certificate“, clear the box next to that.
- Once again scroll down till the bottom of the list on “Advanced tab“.
- TLS 2.0 should remain unchecked. In case that’s marked, clear the check box.
Solution 3: Manually resolve QuickBooks error 15311
In case the above steps didn’t work, then manually rectifying the error is something that we recommend. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to ensure that the QuickBooks subscription is activated
- Once done with that, update the QuickBooks desktop to the latest release.
- Now, you need to ensure that the payroll service key is correct.
- Under this process, one needs to head to the employees tab and further click on my payroll service.
- Later on, click on manage service keys.
- Also, click on edit tab and check if the key is correct
- You are now required to click on next tab and also click on the finish tab
- The last step is to reboot the system and you are done.
Solution 4: Uninstalling QuickBooks desktop related entry
Another important method to eliminate such issue can be to uninstall QuickBooks desktop related entry. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The user needs to take the cursor and take it over the left side of the screen at the bottom until the start menu image appears.
- The user is then required to right click to open the start context menu.
- After that, choose the programs and features option.
- Once done with that, the user needs to search for QuickBooks error code 15311 in the new window.
- After that, press QuickBooks related entry.
- The user needs to click on uninstall/change heading.
- Now, perform the onscreen prompts to complete the uninstallation of the related program.
Solution 5: Update windows
Outdated windows can often trigger errors in QuickBooks. Updating windows to the latest release can help in eliminating any kind of technical operating system error. Updating windows can clear out bugs and introduces additional features to windows. The user can implement the necessary steps to update windows.
See Also: Solution of QuickBooks error code 1304
In case the QuickBooks Error 15311 still exists, you can contact our 24×7 QuickBooks payroll support team at +1-800-360-4183. We are a team of highly trained and experienced QuickBooks experts. With us, you can expect speedy and accurate QuickBooks related issues.
QuickBooks Error Code 15311 appears when the user tries to update QuickBooks Desktop. The error appears in the form of a message stating “QuickBooks update cannot be completed successfully”.
Few major causes behind QuickBooks Error 15311 are:
1. Incomplete or corrupted QuickBooks installation
2. Virus or malware attack.
3. QuickBooks files got deleted.
4. Windows registry entries related to QuickBooks software are corrupted.
5. Corrupted files from the downloaded QuickBooks files.
The various methods for fixing Error code 15311 are:
1: Install the latest digital signature certificate.
2: Configure the Internet settings.
3: Uninstall QuickBooks-related entry.
You may also like these topics