QuickBooks is an accounting software program established by Intuit. It is widely used for a small, medium or a large-scale sized business. The good thing about the QuickBooks is that it comes with various advanced features which gives easy way to manage the accounting. This reduces our work stress and help to complete overloaded work in just a few minutes.
No matter how good is this software, it is also prone to errors sometimes. From the past years, few QB users reported that they are facing few of technical errors while using QuickBooks. These errors can occur when a user try to access or open the company file.
In this blog, we are going to discuss about QuickBooks error code 6000 and others. Also, understand the possible causes as well as troubleshooting methods for these -6000 series errors. However, you can also get instant help from well-qualified accounting experts of QuickBooks enterprise support team. All you need to dial 1-844-405-0907 to connect with a certified QuickBooks expert.
You might also like: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 1935?
QuickBooks Error Code 6000 & Others Explained
When QuickBooks error 6000 and others occurs it displays 3 or 4 more digit errors with the message that indicates it unable to open the company file. The following are the different -6000 series which are the major errors and it makes the file corrupt most of the time:
|Error -6176, 0||Firewall blocks the connection between two computers.|
|Error -6000, 107:||The .TLG file is corrupted.|
|QB Error -6000, 1076||QuickBooks installation is corrupted|
|Error -6010, -100|
|A local computer that is not the server is hosting the company file|
|Error -6012, -1061|
|Incorrect/Inaccurte network setup|
|Error -6129, -101||Wrong folder permission or the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not working properly|
|Error -6190, 816|
|Any other user is logged in to the company file in single user mode.|
There can also be a mismatch b/w the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw)
|Error -6000, -832||When hosting is turned on or the .ND file is not working properly|
|Error -6144, -304|
|When you start QuickBooks or open your company file and sometimes this happens on a sample file|
|Error -6000, -305||Incorrect network setup or it could be that the company file is damaged|
|QB Error -6073, -816||Multiple computers are hosting the file or it could be firewall settings are blocking the connection or it could be the file is damaged|
|The .ND file has an incorrect path to your company file |
If the Windows user account used by QBDM is damaged
|Error -6120, 0||One of the work stations is hosting the company file or the firewall port 8019 is blocked|
|QB Error -6087, 0||This error occurs when opening the file locally|
|Error Code -6147, 0||You receive this error when you open the company file or restore a company backup (.QBB)|
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
There might be number of possible reasons that can be a reason of occuring the QuickBooks error 6000. Few are as:
- Firewall is blocking QuickBooks files to access.
- .TLG file are damaged or corrupted.
- Installation files of QuickBooks are missing or damaged.
- Multiple users are logged into the same company file.
- You Internet setups are incorrectly configured.
Before You Move to the Solution Part
Now that you know about the signs and causes of QuickBooks Error 6000, you will be willing to know the solution of it. I mean, that’s the reason why you are reading this article, isn’t it? But before we take tell you all about the troubleshooting steps, lets us also tell you that updating QuickBooks and running the File Doctor tool can as well sometimes fix error 6000 and many other similar errors. So do it before you indulge into the tedious and time taking and you may save yourself some precious time.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
You can see the examples in the above tables to show that the accounting software can create a real glitch and the business suppose to remain intact. Suppose, if for one day or few hours this accounting software go through breakdown then, there are multiple problem that may comes up which will leads to numerous hassles.
An efficient QuickBooks certified expert can only resolve this issue. At such time, the best way to deal with the situation is to take help from the QuickBooks certified ProAdvisors.
Now, if someone thinks about the thought of getting the errors the QuickBooks is installed and the solution could be found in this possible manner:
Note: Make sure that the QuickBooks application is running at latest updated version. We suggest you to download, install, and run the QuickBooks File Doctor before following the instructions given in the steps below. If you still encounter the same issue even after using the File Doctor tool, then apply the following solutions in the sequence as it is mention.
The QuickBooks error 6000 and others can arise on both local & network setup. Choose the proper setup from the following options to perform the recommended steps correctly.
Condition 1: You are Opening the QuickBooks file locally
It simply implies that you are accessing/opening the QuickBooks Company file that is saved on the same machine where QuickBooks is installed.
Solution 1: Renaming the .ND & .TLG files:
The .ND and .TLG where the files are part of the QuickBooks which gets installed along with access of files in either a network or the multi-user environment helps in removing the glitches with the software.
If the files get corrupted or damaged along with the errors and opening of the QB files with no such cause to happen where re-scan or using the QuickBooks with the files which automatically gets stored at the QuickBooks database server manager thus making the right backup.
- Firstly, open the folder where the company file stored.
- After that, look for the files with the same file name as your company files but with extensions .ND and .TLG.
- Once done with that right click on each file and select Rename option and type OLD at the end of each file name.(For example – company_file.qbw.nd.OLD)
- Finally, Open your QuickBooks again and then try to sign in to your company file.
If still the error persists there, go with the next solution.
Solution 2: Opening a sample company file
Open a sample company files with the testing if the problem lies with the company file along with the QuickBooks application. The sample company file does not open along with the error which indicates that the QuickBooks installation and gets damaged along with getting repaired.
If we understand the QuickBooks along with the installation and damage then the indication of repairing the file could be done in the following ways:
- In the ‘No Company Open’ window, select the “Open a sample file” icon and then choose any form with the list of sample company files.
- If the sample file opens, it proceeds to solution 3 and the sample file returns the same with the error message which is repair the QuickBooks installation files.
Solution 3: Copy the QuickBooks File on the desktop
By copying the file on the desktop and opening it with testing if there is a problem with the location of the company file. If the file opens and it gets saved on the desktop and the location gets probably damaged or it either gets “too deep” and it also exceeds the file system with the path limitation:
If the file still didn’t open after changing it’s location, it is possible the file is damaged. Follow the given steps then:
- Open the folder which contains your company file.
- Find the file with the extension of .QBW.
- Get the right click on the file along with selecting the “Copy” icon. Get on the desktop with the right click & getting anywhere on the desktop, and then select the “Paste” option.
- While holding down the control key, along with opening QuickBooks so you gets directed to the “No Company” no open window.
- Click the “Open” icon or the restore along with the existing company. It is just a navigating on the desktop along with the company file when it gets copied or left open.
If still you get the same error, follow the next solution.
Solution 4: Restore a backup
If the company file did not open even when it was moved to a different location, then a person can restore a backup copy of the company file to check if the problem is with the current company file (.QBW).
If you are experiencing trouble while restoring the backup follow the given steps below:
- First of all ensure that your computer is not hosting.
- Open company file.
- Find the file with the “Menu” option; choose the “utilities” tab.
- If the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” is listed:
- Select the “Stop Hosting Multi-user access” option.
- In the Stop hosting multi-user access windows, select the “YES” tab.
- In the company file must be closed windows, click the “YES” tab.
- Make sure the path to the company file and is no more than 210 characters long:
- Go to the location of the company file.
- From the top, copy the path from the address bar.
- Paste it on the notepad and count the character including the spaces. (For example: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Sample Company Files\QuickBooks 2018\Sample_company_file.qbw is 125 characters.)
- Retry the company file restoration.
Go for the next solution if the error still remains there.
Solution 5: Use ADR tool to restore the backup
If the company file is damaged, it is recommended to recover lost data with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery.
Condition 2: You are opening the file over the network
If the error code 6000 occurs on server this means you are opening the company file saved on the server or another computer.
Solution 1: Check if Hosting is turned on, on all workstation
Check if the hosting is turned on, on all the workstation along with ideal recommendation to have one PC/Server to host the company files.
- Firstly, Press the “F2” key to open the Product Information window.
- Now find the Local Server Information. (Note: The hosting should get turned off.)
Solution 2: Rename the .ND and .TLG files
The .ND and .TLG files belong to your QuickBooks data. These are configuration data files that enable QuickBooks to access a company file in a network or multi-user setting.
If these data are corrupted or damaged, you will certainly experience these errors when you open your QuickBooks data files. Renaming these files will not cause you to lose QB files. These files are automatically re-created when you are-scan using the QuickBooks database server manager and when you open your company file.
- Open the folder that contains your company file.
- Also, finding the files with the same file name as your company files but with extensions .ND and .TLG gives the company a better way to search the file.
- Getting the Right-click each file, and then there is a process to select rename.
- Adding the word OLD at the end of each file name. For Ex: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD
Restart or re-scan the database server manager
The purpose of Database Server Manager is to host your QuickBooks company files. It is best to restart the DBSM and also re-scan the QuickBooks files after you rename the .ND and .TLG files.
- You need to Restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager tool, and then re-scan the QB company file.
- Go to the “Start” and then click “All Programs” icon => “QuickBooks” icon => “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” (QBDSM).
- After which select the “Scan folders” tab.
- Then, click on the “Add folder” tab (if no folders are present). Otw highlighting the folder with the files, and then there is a need to select Scan.
- Confirming that the company files in question shows in the bottom box which is about heading “QuickBooks Company files” found.
- Also, there is a need to ‘Try to open the file again’.
- Open the QuickBooks once more and try to sign in just to get the company file.
Solution 3: Open the company file locally
There is a need to ‘Open the company file locally’. Also, the opening the file locally, you are also testing if there is a problem with the location of the company file. If one of the file opens while then it is saved on the desktop, and it means the location is probably damaged or it is “too deep”.
If it is exceeded with the file system which has the path limitation and if it still does not open after changing the location, there is a possibility that the file is damaged.
- Firstly open the folder that contains your company file.
- With the extension of .QBW, one can find the QB file.
- Right-click on the QB file, then select the “Copy” icon after performing right-click on the QB file.
- Getting on to the desktop, one just needs to get the right-click on the desktop, and then select the “Paste” icon.
- Also, getting hold down the control key, along with opening of the QuickBooks so you are directed to the “No Company Open” window.
- There is a need to select the “Open or restore an existing company” option.
- Also, there is a need to move to the desktop, and after which one could find the QB Company file that you copied & open.
Solution 4 Open a Sample Company File Locally Installed on a Workstation
Opening a sample company file which is locally installed on a workstation and then pulling out the details through the QuickBooks data file. Also, opening the sample company file, which one could test and the problem with the possible lies with the company file or the QuickBooks application.
In case a sample company file does not open and instead returns an error, it is an indication that the QuickBooks installation is damaged and should be repaired.
- In the “No Company Open” window, select the “Open a Sample File” option, then one can choose from the list of the sample company files.
- If the sample file opens, there is a need to proceed to solution 4.
- If the sample file returns the same error message, repair your QuickBooks installation.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks error 1712?
Solution 5: Close all QuickBooks processes
- Here you need to login as the Administrator on the server computer.
- Now Press the “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” key simultaneously to bring up the ‘Task Manager’.
- Show the processes for all the users by selecting the “Users” tab.
- Highlight each QuickBooks process (QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe), then select the “End Task” tab.
- Also, there is a need to open the QB company file in multi-user mode.
If still the error persists, then one can proceed to solution 6.
Solution 6: Check the folder permission manually
- One can check the folder permission manually so that if one can encounter these errors one could try to rectify them.
- Also, if one can see the folder where the file is saved. It means that it does not have the right permission.
- And then the user is supposed to check the folder permissions to share QB company files.
- Now try to open the QuickBooks file again.
- If one can still get the same error, there is a need to proceed to solution 7.
Solution 7: Configure the Anti-Virus & firewall Software
Configuring the firewall ports and Anti-Virus Software is the best of the ways to get rid of QB errors. Also, one could encounter errors if your firewall and Anti-virus program block access to specific QuickBooks programs or files. In this way one could get the best to configure your firewall ports and also set up an exception to your anti-virus software.
Hopefully, this technical article would be beneficial for you to understand the deepest insight of the QuickBooks error code 6000. However, if you face any further hassle associated with this error code or any other one – you can freely dial our QuickBooks desktop support number i.e. +1-844-405-0907.
Our certified ProAdvisor will look forward to your concern and provide you a feasible solution in no time.