QuickBooks is undoubtedly one of the best accounting software. But it also faces troubles with some issues or errors. QuickBooks error code 6189 is known as one of the most common error that QB users has faced in their software.
An error occurs when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6189, -816)
Error Status: On desktop screen it shows QuickBooks Error Code 6190, it is caused when a user will try to access the company file and this appears an error code as -6189. Thus, it means that you are not authorized to access the company file. In the meanwhile, if you are looking for the quick solution of this error then you can talk to our QuickBooks Error Support team at +1-844-405-0907.
Following Error Message User May See in their Desktop Screen.
According the Intuit, this error mainly happens when you try to open a company file but the company file inaccessible. So here, in this blog today we are going to discuss about the causes as well as the solutions of QuickBooks Error Code 6189.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6189
- Any latest change in the QuickBooks software change can cause corruption in Windows Registry.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks or damaged download of QuickBooks Software.
- Some malicious software can delete QuickBooks files. In fact, good software can also mistakenly delete the files.
- Virus and malware infections in the windows system or in the QuickBooks file causing damage to them.
- Windows registry corrupted due to a latest QB software change.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6189?
Below you will get the solutions steps to resolve QB error code 6189. It is highly recommended that before proceeding the steps you need to create a data backup of your company files.
Solution 1: Restart the computer as well as the Server
- Each desktop that has access to the company file should be restarted
- If the data server is on, then the server should also be restarted.
- And if the error still persists try solution 2.
Solution 2: Installing QuickBooks Database Manager in the Server
- Make sure that QuickBooks or QuickBooks Database Manager is installed on your server where the company files are stored.
- During the installation of the Database Manager no additional license is required.
- In case you do not see the QB database user, install Database Manager.
- Once the installation is done restart the server.
Note: Installing the Database Manager does not require an additional license.
Solution 3: Data File share service
- It is better for your company file, if you do not use any file sharing service like SugarSync, Dropbox, Box.net etc. or any other type of online sync service.
- One of the major cause can be if you are using online auto backup utilities for QuickBooks.
- If you are trying to access company files via file sharing services then you are likely to face the error 6189.
- To avoid this, remove the company file from Dropbox and copy it in the ‘C drive’of your desktop.
Solution 4: Data file stored on Network drive
- Do make sure that the company file is not kept on a NAS device or any other removable device.
- This is because none of these devices have the permission to run the QuickBooks Database Manager
- And it is often seen that this set up can cause data corruption.
Solution 5: Usage of Encryption software on your computer
- In no way Intuit or QuickBooks ProAdvisor recommend encrypting the file.
- To disable the software or any other query reach out to your encryption vendor.
I hope you find this blog helpful. If still, you face the error then get in touch with QuickBooks support team who will give you an instant solution to your problem. Our experts are always ready to provide feasible solution, so feel hassle free to contact us and get quality based services from our professionals. To connect with U.S based QuickBooks Experts – Dial toll-free number +1-844-405-0907.
Article Summery In Infographic
Checkout the infographic in order to understand about the QuickBooks error code 6189 and it’s solution methods.
See More Helpful Articles