Are you using QuickBooks software and facing issues like QuickBooks Error 6147, 0. Well, experiencing errors in QuickBooks is pretty much common for the users. And talking about the QuickBooks error code 6147, 0 basically belongs to a QuickBooks 6000 series error. This is a company file associated error that often occurs when you try to open a corrupt company file, a backup file or an accidentally deleted file. Generally, this is a common error code and appears when a user’s company file is damaged or not properly located where they have stored in their computer device.
This error can be a bit annoying, so make sure to eliminate it immediately. Thus, to learn the steps to eliminate such an error, make sure to go through this piece of writing carefully. You can also consult our tech support professionals in case you need any sort of professional guidance. All you need is to give us a call at +1-800-360-4183, and we will provide you with instant support services.
Brief into QuickBooks error code 6147
Before you dig in deep to learn the complete set of steps to eliminate the issue, it is important to go through the error first. As we mentioned earlier, it is a 6000 series error. This error is caused when the QuickBooks is unable to restore the backup from the local system or attempting to open the company file. You may see the following error message:
Error code -6147,0 when attempting to open my company file or a backup file
Let us explore the factors causing such an error, along with the fixes for the same.
Reasons behind QuickBooks error 6147, 0
The below factors can trigger QuickBooks error code 6147, 0. Let us have a look:
- It is caused when your QB data file gets corrupted
- You are restoring the backup using the network drive
- Backup file name that goes beyond the limitation of about 210 Characters
- There is a damaged Windows user
- Damaged QBW files
You may also read: Steps to fix QuickBooks error code 6000 83
Signs of QuickBooks error code 6147, 0
The below signs can be helpful in identifying the error code 6147, 0. Let us explore them one by one:
- This error can be seen hen opening the company file
- Another sign can be if you are unsuccessful in restoring the backup file
- Issue was detected and system shuts down
- Another sign can be if the active program window crashes
Fixing QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0
A user needs to check whether the new release of a QuickBooks software is up-to-date or not. Another method is you need to install and then run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to diagnose the company file errors or any network problem.
Solution 1: Save your Copy of a backup file into a local computer
- Open your QB file main File menu and then select as Utilities. Check if you see to host with a multi-user mode to access option, then choose the Yes option and click on yes. It will prompt for a Company file that is closed. Click to Yes option as again.
- Then restore and take another backup file from your local backup.
- Ensures that your company file path link is not more than 210 characters if the changes of a company file are located. Try to import it.
- Get to connect and send your file via the QB data service team.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 301?
Solution 2: Trend Micro Antivirus security for your System/Laptop
- First go to the Antivirus settings.
- Then Select to ignore the track or can say the path option.
- Now ignore the main company file folder from it.
- Now press or hold the Ctrl shortcut key. Then as simultaneously open your QuickBooks software. To know at where your data file is located into a device.
- Now open your QuickBooks software without opening any company data file.
- Then hold the F2 key button. This will open the pop-up at which a user can see your product details consisting at where is the location of a company file folder path.
- If found any error or persist it again-n-again, consult from your Antivirus Service Provider or Your Antivirus Support Team.
Solution 3: Run the rebuild the utility tool
To fix this error you can run verify and rebuild data utility:
- From the main file menu, click on utilities.
- Then click on rebuild the data.
- If you receive an instant backup to take company file data, then click to the OK button.
- If your PC displays the message & your QuickBooks is not responding. Now click to the OK button.
See Also: What is QuickBooks error code 2277
Solution 4: Trend Micro Active Scan & have to keep the folder aside that holds the company file details
To find the company file location.
- Just give a double-click on QB software and then press the CTRL key on your keyboard.
- First open an application without opening a company file.
- Now choose the company file from a Window heading by selecting ‘No Company Open’.
- Also, make your certain & company file is on the top.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- The very first step is to download and install QuickBooks tool hub from Intuit official site.
- Once done with that run the tool on the server system
- And then, move to the company file issues tab and select run QuickBooks file doctor tool
- The tool will perform the necessary fixes automatically
- Perform the onscreen steps to complete the process and fix the issue
Solution 6: Rename QuickBooks files such as .ND and .TLG file
- The very first step is to open the folder where your company file is stored.
- Now look for .ND and .TLG file that would look like:
- After that choose the file and right click on it
- Now choose the rename tab
- And add old at the end of the file name
- Now, save changes and open QuickBooks again
- Try to sign in the company file and check if the issue gets resolved
Solution 7: Change the name of the .ADR file
- Here, firstly head to the folder having the company file
- After that look for the adr file
- Now open the file folder and look for the most recent file
- The next step is to right click on it and also choose rename tab
- Change the file name to .qbw and save changes
Solution 8: Close all QuickBooks processes
- The user needs to first login as Administrator on the server system.
- After that hit Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together.
- Now, choose the users tab
- This will show the processes for all the users
- Highlight each of the QuickBooks processes:
- and QBDBMgr.exe
- And hit end task tab
- This will end all the unwanted processes, after which the user needs to open the company file in multi-user mode and check if the error gets resolved
Solution 9: Use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- At first, shut down your QuickBooks desktop software.
- Now download QuickBooks Tool hub
- Open QuickBooksToolHub.exe (downloaded file)
- Perform the onscreen instructions
- Open the tool hub program
- Go for the installation issues tab
- Click on the install diagnostic tool
- This will run the tool and let it perform the necessary procedure to scan and fix the issues if any
- Restart the system after the process ends and check if the error gets resolved
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6129, 0?
Hopefully above troubleshooting method will resolve your issue. If yet facing this typical QuickBooks error code 6147, 0 then troubleshoot it by asking expert guidance through calling at QuickBooks Error support phone number i.e. +1-800-360-4183. Feel hassle-free in connecting to our professionals and get instant support avails for 24/7/365.
Frequently Asked Questions!
The error message that can be seen when the QuickBooks Error 6147 occurs is “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.”
Yes! A damaged or corrupt QuickBooks company file (.QBW) can be a common cause of QuickBooks Error 6147, 0.
Yes! Third-party antivirus and other security programs can interfere with QuickBooks operations and provide grounds for QuickBooks Error 6147, 0.
Well, QuickBooks has specific threshold limits for the Company file size. When it comes to QuickBooks Pro and Premier, the upper Company file size limit is 150 MB.
Read more helpful articles: