In the recent days, many QB users have reported that they are getting an error message: (QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a Error loading type library/DLL can’t load a dynamic link library DLL) when they tried to open their QuickBooks. In this article, we are going to discuss about this error and also know the best possible ways to troubleshoot this error.
Problem: there was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with company file “name of your company file:
Error Code 80029c4a
Description: Error loading type library/DLL
You may see one of the following error messages given below in images:
Or You may get another error message on your screen
If you are also encountering similar issue, then in that case stick to the article till the end. The user can also consult our QuickBooks error support team, for any kind of professional assistance. Our team of experts and certified accounting professionals will be happy to help you.
You might also read: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 15222?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a is an unexpected error that mainly occurs when a user tries to open QuickBooks or a company file. Also this error can occur when a company file has been damaged or corrupted. This error is also known as a run-time error and it is caused due to many factors. Know the possible causes as well as troubleshooting steps below.
Symptoms of Error Code 80029c4a in QuickBooks
Let’s start with the possible reasons behind to this error.
- Windows runs slow or sluggishly.
- It Crashes the active program window.
- System “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
- Your computer system regularly collapses with Error 80029C4A
- Windows responds slowly to computer mouse or key-board input.
- Error Code 80029c4a may appear throughout during the program installation.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
- The QuickBooks desktop file/files are corrupted, missing, or damaged.
- This error code generally occurs when a company file has been corrupted or unable to locate when users try to open their software.
- Your antivirus defender has incorrectly marked a QB Desktop file as being infected with several Trojans or Malicious.
- There is an corruption in Windows registry.
- An Incomplete Installation of QuickBooks Pro software.
- Error Code 80029c4a takes place while Windows startup or shutdown, or perhaps during the installation of the Windows operating system.
- QuickBooks component doesn’t start properly or the DLL files are missing or corrupted.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=343?
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
Checkout few quick hacks to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a through this info-graphic:
QuickBooks error code 80029c4a can be simply eliminate by using the following given methods below. You have to follow every solution methods carefully in order to fix this error. However, if you want to be risk-free or looking for expert’s help then our certified team is available here to assist you in right manner.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80040408?
Method 1: Update Avast Program and Virus Definition
- First of all, perform an Avast Virus definition and make all your programs as updated.
Note: If you are using another antivirus program then you need to update your antivirus first.
- First give a right click on your Avast icon.
- Select update option.
- Click on a Program tab & then follow the prompts to upgrade your Avast program.
- Now repeat the above steps 1-3 times & then select Engine & Virus option.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error code 6177?
Method 2: Run the Reboot.bat file
- First close your QuickBooks desktop.
- Now open the folder which you want to reboot.bat file.
- Give one right click on the icon labeled as QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now select Properties.
- Hit a single click on Open File Location.
- Right click the reboot.bat file and select as Run as System Administrator.
- Make sure that you run reboot.bat as the Windows Administrator.
- This depends on the window folder options settings file that shows as bat, reboot or reboot.bat
- Don’t close the window that appeared as manually. (This will open a blank window by scrolling features). This will close when your reboot.bat utility is completed.
- At last, restart your computer.
Method 3: Ensure the Antivirus Program have been Quarantined
- Some antivirus programs accidentally block QuickBooks from loading the essential files.
- You need to verify your antivirus program for files that has been quarantined.
- Simply uninstall & reinstall QuickBooks software into your system. This allows the user to open your QB software as successfully.
If you see one of the programs listed here in your quarantine, allow permission to go through your firewall.
- Most of these files are located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year).
- Files with (x86) in the location, such as C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX, are 64-bit versions.
Note: We highly recommend you to consult with your IT person before making any changes to your anti-virus programs.
Method 4: Update your QuickBooks desktop
- First of all, the user is suggested to Re-install QuickBooks using clean install.
- After that update the latest version of QuickBooks desktop.
- Go to the File menu and click Close Company or Logoff.
(Note: If you open multiple company files in your QuickBooks on a same time, you have to follow this step for every company that is open)
- After that tap on File & then go to Exit.
- Ensure you are using your computer as System Administrator.
- Also, keep in mind that there is No company open on your desktop screen.
- After that, go to Help menu option and then choose Update QuickBooks.
- Select Options.
- Select Mark all button and then click on Save button.
- After that click to the Update now.
- Hit a click on the Reset Update and then select Get Updates option.
- Once the update process is finished a pop-up will appear as update successful.
- After that press the Alt + F4 keys or Esc to close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now open the QuickBooks desktop, if you get the Pop-up to install the update.
- Click to Yes Option.
- Once the updation is completed, you need to restart your computer.
Method 5: Perform a Windows Repair on QuickBooks
- In this process, the user is first required to close your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that click on Windows button, on your keyboard.
- Followed by opening the Control Panel on your system.
- And then hit a click on Uninstall or change program.
- Now choose QuickBooks in the list of the programs.
- The next step is to hit a click on Uninstall/Change program.
- In the QuickBooks installation window, click Next.
- The user is then required to opt for the Repair Radio button, and then click on Next.
- Now tap on the Repair button at the bottom.
- Once the repair process completes, click on Finish.
After performing the above steps, we hope your QuickBooks software now be repaired.
- And then, restart your computer if needed.
- And to end the process, open QuickBooks software to ensure it opens normally.
Method 6: Running Windows System file checker
- The very first step in this process is to click on the Start menu and then type in command in the search box.
- After that, the user needs to press Ctrl + Shift keys, followed by hitting Enter key.
- Once done with that, a permission dialog box will appear, where the user will have to click on Yes.
- The next step in the process is to enter SFC/Scannow and then hit Enter.
- The user will have to wait till the time system file checker completes the scanning process for the error code.
- And then, when the process ends, the user needs to follow the on-screen prompts to fix the issue.
Method 7: Perform a Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop
- The user is supposed to gather all the QuickBooks product information.
- After that, download the installer for the particular version of QuickBooks.
- The user will now have the License number, that can be seen on the original packaging or in the purchase confirmation email, if the software is bought digitally.
- After that note the Product year and version.
- And uninstall your QuickBooks desktop.
- The next step is to open Windows start menu, and then look for Control panel and open it.
- Now, go for the Programs and features option or Uninstall a program option.
- The next step is to pick the Version of QuickBooks from the list.
- Once done with that, choose Uninstall/change and then remove options.
- Opt for Next and carry out the on-screen prompts.
- Reinstall QuickBooks desktop and you are good to go
Method 8: Update Security Software
- This process requires you to update the antivirus or security software to the latest version or release
- Now, add the Program/component exceptions as per your manual.
- Also, re-open QuickBooks again.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
We hope you found this article helpful. If still facing QuickBooks error 80029c4a after performing these steps then feel hassle-free to connect with our U.S Based accounting experts at our QuickBooks enterprise support number i.e. +1-800-360-4183. We will be pleased to help you. Feel free to get in touch with our technical support team any time.
Some FAQs Related to the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a is an error that occurs when a DLL (Dynamic Link Library) file is either missing, corrupted, or not properly registered in the system. This error can cause issues with the QuickBooks application and may prevent it from functioning correctly.
The common causes of this error include:
1. Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks system files
2. Incomplete installation or improper uninstallation of QuickBooks
3. Windows registry issues related to the QuickBooks application
4. Malware or virus infections that affect QuickBooks-related files
To fix this error, try the following solutions:
1. Update QuickBooks to the latest version
2. Repair the QuickBooks installation
3. Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks
4. Run a Windows System File Checker
5. Update your Windows operating system
While this error may prevent you from accessing your QuickBooks data, it typically does not cause data loss. However, it is recommended that you create regular backups of your company file to safeguard against any potential data loss.
Yes, you can contact QuickBooks support for assistance with this error. The toll-free number for our website is +1-800-360-4183. Our team of experts is available to help you troubleshoot and resolve the issue.