All that you need to know about performing a clean reinstall for QuickBooks point of sale for desktop
QuickBooks accounting software has turned out to be revolutionary accounting software. This accounting software makes it easy for the businesses to carry out their accounting, bookkeeping, and other activities in the smoothest possible way. Today, it is being used by small and medium businesses all over the world as it comes with many perks. Many QuickBooks users look for a step by step guide to perform reinstall for QuickBooks point of sale for desktop.
In this article, we will be discussing how to uninstall and then reinstall for QuickBooks Point of Sale desktop, as well as how to resolve data file and program problems. We have come up with a comprehensive guide to perform a clean reinstall for QuickBooks POS for desktop. Reading this article till the end, can help the QuickBooks users to perform clean install without any hassle. For more details, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks support team via our toll-free number i.e.
In this article, we will be discussing how to uninstall and then reinstall for QuickBooks Point of Sale desktop, as well as how to resolve data file and program problems. We have come up with a comprehensive guide to perform a clean reinstall for QuickBooks POS for desktop. Reading this article till the end, can help the QuickBooks users to perform clean install without any hassle. For more details, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-405-0907.
Read also: How to fix QuickBooks error code 9995?
Essential tips before performing clean install for QuickBooks POS for Desktop
Before uninstalling QuickBooks Point of Sale, the user needs to keep in mind the following pointers:
- Before the user begins with the process, he/she needs to ensure to take backup of your data file.
- Also, ensure to have QuickBooks POS download file or installation CD.
- Another important thing is to have the license as well as the product number.
- Also, the user will need to login as ‘Windows Administrator‘ before you proceed for the next steps.
- And lastly the user should also make sure that the system the user will be using should or can be restarted.
Steps to Clean Reinstalling for QuickBooks POS desktop
At times it becomes necessary to uninstall, reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop. This is done mainly when POS gets damaged for some reason or just require simple reinstalling. The entire process can be named as clean install or a clean reinstallation. Before the user performs this process, it is important to take a backup, in order to avoid any further mess.
In QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 10.0:
- To begin with, the user needs to save all the files that the user has opened and then exit all the programs.
- The next step is to click on the Windows logo, followed by clicking on ‘Control Panel‘.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to view ‘drop downs‘ and opt for ‘icons‘.
- Jumping to the next step, the user needs to tap on ‘Programs‘
- Now, right-click on ‘QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale‘ and then select ‘uninstall‘.
- If the ‘User Account Control’ window is shown on the screen, then the user needs to click on ‘Continue‘ and then proceed with the removal of the program.
- Once the uninstallation process is complete, the user needs to visit the ‘Windows Explorer‘ and then rename the folder of ‘QuickBooks Point of Sale V10.0‘.
- If the user is unable to see any folder then select ‘Tools‘ and ‘Show Hidden files‘.
In QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 9.0
- Now in this process, the user needs to save all file you have opened and the ‘Exit‘ them.
- After that, the user is supposed to click on the ‘Windows logo‘ button and then hit ‘Control Panel‘
- In the ‘View‘ section, the user needs to use the drop down and then opt for small icons.
- The next step is to click on ‘Program or program features‘
- Now the user right click on the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 9.0‘ and then choose ‘uninstall‘.
- In case the user encounters the ‘User Account Control‘ displayed then hit ‘continue‘.
- Coming to the next step, the user is required to remove the ‘Windows login’
- And the final step is to ‘reboot‘ the system.
You’ll also like: Difference between QuickBooks merchant services and online support
Steps to Perform a clean uninstall of QuickBooks POS
Want to know the steps for uninstalling QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop? If yes, then check out the steps listed below:
- First of all, the user needs to press ‘Windows + E‘ keys.
- And then, the user is supposed to click on ‘uninstall or change a program‘
- The next step is to select the Point of Sale by double clicking and then ‘uninstall‘.
- Once done with this, the user needs to follow the instructions to ‘uninstall POS‘.
Rename of Sale Folders
- First of all, copy the Point of Sale data folder, and then later on paste it to the desktop.
- The next step is to rename the ‘User folder‘ as well as ‘user login‘.
- And lastly, reboot the system.
Restore the company file
- First thing is to open QuickBooks Point of Sale and then after that create a new company file with your choice of name and then restore the backup created.
- Once the file get restored, then verify if the user can close and reopen Point of Sale without any kind of error and also connect with QuickBooks desktop.
- The next step is to register QuickBooks Point of Sale again.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6209?
Process of QuickBooks Point of Sale for desktop installation
Checkout the following steps to install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale in your system:
- To begin with, the user would require to Download QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
- After this, the user needs to move to the location where QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale was save and then click on ‘POS file‘, in order to run the Point of Sale Installation.
- The next step is to click on ‘Yes‘ and then overwrite the existing extracted files
- Once done with that, the user needs to click on next, and begin the installation.
- Also, make sure to read the ‘Software License Agreement‘.
- To agree select the ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement‘ and to proceed click on ‘Next‘.
- The next step is to enter the ‘license and product numbers‘
- After which, the user needs to click on ‘Yes‘.
- The final step is to select the number of computers to be used for POS.
QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Connectivity Tool
For this you need to use the Point of Sale (POS) connectivity tool:
- Problems that do not allow POS from opening.
- Network connectivity problems
- Not running or damaged QuickBooks Database Server Manager service.
- 3rd party firewall restrictions
- POS Warning 180063: Unable to start the database service
Firewall configuration for QuickBooks Point of Sale
A firewall is basically the one, which is used to prevent the unauthorized access or connectivity network. A firewall in the workstation can block communication between it and QuickBooks POS. When the connectivity is blocked the Desktop POS automatically configures the QuickBooks firewall. In case the firewall is configured manually do check the right sections of the manual that has supplied with firewall program. Click here to know configure firewall for QuickBooks Point of sale.
Read also: How to solve QuickBooks reporting problems?
We hope, the above given write-up will be worthy and helpful for you to understand the clean reinstall for QuickBooks point of sale. If you intend to know more or if you are seeking for ideal support from professionals, feel free to contact QuickBooks accounting solution team anytime. In case you want to talk with Intuit certified ProAdvisors, then you can call at +1-844-405-0907.
For further queries related to your QuickBooks accounting software, call us or chat with our experts at www.hostdocket.com. We will feel more happy to help you to out in this.
FAQs Related to Clean Install QuickBooks POS
From the file menu, you need to choose utilities tab and further go for clean up company data. Once done with that checkmark the compress data box and further hit ok. In the non-history documents window, and choose the list you wish to remove from your file and hit next.
The POS data file on the system is stored in C:\drive in the program data to Intuit folder, the POS data folder usually named by QuickBooks POS XX. QuickBooks POS 10.0 for version 10 and QuickBooks POS 9.0 for version 9.
1. Close QuickBooks point of sale
2. Open windows start menu
3. Enter control panel into the search bar and hit enter tab
4. After that choose the version of QuickBooks point of sale
5. Perform the onscreen instructions to repair your program.
With QuickBooks point of sale, you can keep a track of the inventory levels in real time. This feature is essential for businesses selling products that have a limited shelf life.
Some other helpful resources: