Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6150
QuickBooks is a versatile accounting software that is trusted by millions of business owners across the globe. However, despite it being an innovative software, QuickBooks users at many occasions face errors and glitches. The errors may appear on the screen at any time, for example, while installing the software, updating or upgrading it, or opening a company file. One common error that appears while opening a company file is QuickBooks Error Code 6150.
This article will discuss the causes and the solutions of QuickBooks error 6150 in detail. In case you need an assistance in regards to this error or any other error, you can contact us at +1-844-405-0907.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6129, 0?
When do QuickBooks Error 6150 occur?
This error code often appears when users attempt to open a QuickBooks file or work on it. You can retry to open the company file of QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error 6150 and 1006 messages may appear at the time of program installation during windows startup (or shut down) or during Windows installation while another QuickBooks software is running. Knowing when and where the error appears may be a great help in troubleshooting the problem.
Here’s a screenshot of the actual error:
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 304?
What are the signs of QuickBooks Error 6150?
- Your PC often crashes with error 6150 when you run the same program.
- Error 6150 pops up and causes the active program on window to crash.
- Windows becomes slow.
- Mouse or keyboard commands respond slowly.
- QuickBooks Error 6150, -1006 is appears on the computer screen.
- Your system keeps on freezing for a few seconds at a time.
What triggers QuickBooks Error 6150 and 1006?
A few more error codes that appear along with error 6150 or come under it are 1006, 01004, etc.
The possible causes for 6150-1006 can be one or more of the following.
- QuickBooks related files deleted by mistake or by a malicious program.
- QuickBooks Accounting Software is incomplete or damaged.
- Malware or virus infection caused corruption in Windows system files or QB-related program files.
- Inappropriate, incomplete or damaged QuickBooks Installation.
- You are trying to backup a company file that is corrupt.
- Incorrect QuickBooks Company file extension.
- Maybe you are trying to open a portable and QuickBooks can’t open that.
Sometimes, this QuickBooks error may appear because the file you may be trying to access is on a damaged platform. Another major reason may be that you are trying to restore data from a corrupted drive.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3003?
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6150?
There are a bunch of measures that can be taken to eliminate the QuickBooks error code 6150. Let us explore these measures one by one:
Method 1: Check for Cryptowall
The cryptowall virus and other malicious software can trigger this error in QuickBooks and prevent the user from opening the software. The steps involved in this process:
- The very first step is to open the windows start menu
- Once done with that, type in file explorer into the search bar and then open the file explorer
- The next step is to look for the QuickBooks folder in the C: drive and then access it
- The user should now spot the files that have words like decrypt or instructions
- In case you find any of the files that fit this description, then ensure to reach out to your anti-virus provider
Method 2: Create a new QuickBooks company file
- Initially, the user needs to open QuickBooks desktop
- After that move to the no company open window and also click on make a new company
- Once done with that head to the QuickBooks setup window and then enter the required info
- The next step is to select create a company option
- Now, create customers, charts of accounts and services
Method 3: Restore backup
The user can restore the company file from backup using the set of steps listed below. Let us have a look:
- At first, the user needs to move to QuickBooks and also click on file option
- Once done with that, select open or restore company option
- Now, click on the restore a backup copy option and also click on restore a backup copy option and also click on next tab
- After that, select the local backup option and also click on next tab
- Select the location of the company file backup from the look in drop-down menu
- Go for the backup having the .qbb extension
- Also, click on open option by clicking on next tab
- Move to the save-in drop down menu and then browse for a preferred location to restore the backup file
- The user is then required to type in company filename in the name field and then save it in the .qbw format
- Also, click on yes to confirm the overwrite process
- The last step is to click on yes to confirm to delete the entire file
Method 4: Use auto data recovery
- Here, the user is supposed to create a new folder with the name of QBTest
- After that, locate the tlg files in the company file folder
- The user needs to copy the tlg file from the company file folder and then paste it into the QBTest folder
- The user will then have to access the Auto Data Recovery folder inside the company data folder
- Copy the .QBW.adr file from the QuickBooks auto data recovery folder and then paste it into the QBTest folder
- Remove adr from the end of the filename and open the QuickBooks software
- The user needs to open the company file from the QBTest folder
- Also, under the file tab, click on the utilities tab
- Select the verify data option to check if the issue exists
- Once done with that, the user needs to replace the company file in the QuickBooks data folder with the company file from the QBTest folder
- The above steps might fix the issue up to certain extent, make sure to check if the error is fixed or not
Limitations of QuickBooks auto data recovery
There are certain limitations of QuickBooks auto data recovery tool. Let us have a look:
- Note that the QuickBooks auto data recovery tool is not feasible with QuickBooks pro, premier, and enterprise
- Also, auto data recovery is not available for the accountant version
- Moreover, there is a limit on the size of the file, it shouldn’t exceed 1.5 GB
- QuickBooks desktop should be updated to the latest version
Method 5: Use QuickBooks file doctor tool
One can try to get rid of the issue using the QuickBooks file doctor tool. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The user is first required to launch the QuickBooks file doctor tool and then wait till the screen shows any pop-up of no company open
- After that move to the file and utilities tab
- Now, click on repair file and select the network problems option
- The user is now required to click on ok tab when the dialog appears
- The user needs to have admin rights to start the application and then click on yes tab
- Open the file doctor tool and click on continue tab
- The user will then have to enter the credentials and log into the file.
- This will start the file doctor to work on repairing the file
- Select the diagnosis file only from the option of advanced settings
- The next step is to click on next tab
- Open the file and check if the issue persists
Method 6: Clean the PC and virus
- The user is required to move to the system antivirus
- And update the antivirus program if needed
- The antivirus will activate and then you will have to scan the system
- The user is then required to fix the viruses or malware on the system
- His might fix the issue up to certain extent
Method 7: Open a sample company file installed locally
- The very first step is to open QuickBooks without the company file
- And then select the open sample file option
- After that select any company file
- Also click on ok tab
- And click on yes tab when asked to update the sample file
Method 8: Update QuickBooks software
The user can update the QuickBooks software using the steps listed below:
- The user needs to click on help menu and click on the update QuickBooks option
- Select the updates to download and sail to the get updates option
- Exit from QuickBooks
- And check if the error got fixed or not
If you are not able to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6150 on your own, you can contact us. We are hostdocket, a leading company in QuickBooks Support service providers. We are equipped with right tools and technology to assist you round the clock. With us, you can rest assure of a quick and precise solution. you can contact QuickBooks Support team also you can take help from our QuickBooks enterprise support phone number .i.e. +1-844-405-0907.
See More Helpful topics Here
How to Fix QuickBooks Error -6000, -83?
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816?