Simple steps to resolve QuickBooks Error code -6000, -304
QuickBooks is a premier accounting software that has made managing and handling business simple. But, like all the other software, QuickBooks too isn’t free from errors and glitches. One of the frequent issues that QuickBooks users face is QuickBooks Error Code 6000 304. This error occurs when a user tries to open a company file, or QuickBooks Desktop attempts to open a company file. Occurrence of an error in such cases denotes that your system lacks enough disk space to open the company file or the user working on QuickBooks Desktop has reached his quota.
You can change the location of the company file to hard disk with larger space, turn off disk quotas, and/or enhance the disk quota of the user account running QuickBooks to fix Error Code –6000, -304.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
Are you also experiencing the exact same trouble? You need to not fret. Our QuickBooks Error Support team is always with you to fix the error codes and warning error messages for you. Call our toll-free i.e. @ +1-844-405-0907 and speak to one of our U.S based best Intuit Certified tech advisor for quick solution of QB Errors.
You might also like: How to Fix QuickBooks error 1328?
Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6000, 304?
You need to follow the below given steps to fix the error code 6000, -304:
Solution 1: Repair your QuickBooks Desktop
Replace all damaged and corrupted QuickBooks desktop components from your computer.
- Go to “Start menu“-> open “Control Panel” -> Click “Programs“->Click “Programs and Features“.
- Select QuickBooks and click “Uninstall“.
- Click “Next” Once the QuickBooks installation window appears.
- Select radio button next to Repair and click “Next” and then “Repair“.
- Click “Finish“.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77? (When Opening a Company File)
Solution 2: Check if there is enough space on your hard drive
- Select the disk drive where you have saved your company files, do a right- click and choose “Properties“.
- Click the “Windows Start” key and select “Computer”.
- Check if the drive has sufficient disk space available, tap on the Quota tab.
- Review user account if quota increase is required. Else, you can “remove disk quotas” from the user account where QuickBooks data file is stored.
- Red stoplight means no disk quotas are set.
Solution 3: Perform a clean installation of your QuickBooks
Solution 4: Rename the .ND and .TLG files
The user can try to fix the issue by renaming the .nd and .tlg files in QuickBooks. The steps involved in the process are as follows:
- At first, the user is required to open the folder having the company file
- Once done with that, the user is required to look for the files with the same file name as the company file but with .ND and .TLG extensions
- The next step is to right-click on the file and then click on the rename tab
- Now include the word .OLD at the end of each file name
- The last step is to open QuickBooks again and then sign in to the company file
Solution 5: Open the sample company file
Opening a sample company file usually helps in testing if there is any issue with the company file or with the QuickBooks software. It indicates that the QuickBooks installation is damaged and needs to be fixed. In case the sample company file opens up easily, then it indicates that there is some issue with the company file.
- The user needs to click on the sample company file option in the company open window and then select the sample company file
- After that, if the file doesn’t open and shows some error, then make sure to repair the software or else there might be some issue with the company file, make sure to fix that first.
You may also read: How to Check QuickBooks Product Version and Release?
That’s all from our behalf. Hope you have found this article useful for you. If you still receiving QuickBooks error code 6000, 304 while working on some important accounting or business task, then we recommend you can contact our QuickBooks enterprise support team today by dialing 1-844-405-0907.
We are available round the clock and offer instant solutions to all the QuickBooks errors and issues.
Read More articles from here:
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6189?
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6123