Learn how to check the product number, license number, version, and release date of your QuickBooks Desktop:
When a user uses QuickBooks software- widely used accounting software, it is necessary for the user to know about the release and version of the software he/she is using. This helps in troubleshooting the QuickBooks errors so that you can update your QuickBooks version as and when needed. This article will help you check the product number, license number, version, and release date of your QuickBooks Desktop:
Read this also: Set up QuickBooks Email Service in QuickBooks
Find the version and Check QuickBooks Release of your software
You can follow the instructions given below in order to find the version and release of the QuickBooks software you are using and how you can update it:
- The user needs to first move to the home screen
- Followed by pressing Ctrl + 1 or F2 key to open the product information window
- In the next step, the user will find the version, edition, and release on the screen
- In case the user can’t open QuickBooks to get the product information due to the QuickBooks login screen displaying on the screen and the user does not know the admin password, then it is suggested to click on the cancel tab. And it will automatically open the no company open window by default.
- After that, press ctrl key and open QuickBooks by double-clicking the QuickBooks program icon on the desktop
- Press ctrl till the window appears and you are done with the process
- In this process, the user can head to the QuickBooks program icon and right-click on it
- After that select the properties tab
- And after the properties window appears, click on the shortcut tab and open the file location
- This opens the program executable file (QBW2.EXE) on the screen.
- After that, Right-click on the QBW32.EXE file
- And go for Properties tab
- Head to the Properties window and search for the General tab.
- The location line will show your QuickBooks version year
- Head to the Details tab and also check out the product version,
QuickBooks Desktop (Pro, Premier or Enterprise)
- First of all, press the F2 key. Check the product line on the product information window when you want to know the version and release of the software.
- To update your QuickBooks Desktop for windows, then you can see ‘Update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release’.
Steps to Know the Latest Version of QuickBooks You are Using
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop, press F2 or Ctrl + 1 keys
- Go to Product information window and see the file section in order to find the versions you have used
- You can also find the list of recently used versions:
|V32||QuickBooks Desktop 2022|
|V31||QuickBooks Desktop 2021|
|V30||QuickBooks Desktop 2020|
|V29||QuickBooks Desktop 2019|
|V28||QuickBooks Desktop 2018|
|V27||QuickBooks Desktop 2017|
|V26||QuickBooks Desktop 2016|
|V25||QuickBooks Desktop 2015|
QuickBooks for Mac (US only)
- To check the version and release on QuickBooks Desktop, go to Help menu and then to Product Information
- To update QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, click on ‘check the product number, license number, version, and release date of your QuickBooks Desktop’
QuickBooks Statement Writer (QSW)
- If you want to check the version and release:
- On QuickBooks Desktop, go to Reports > QuickBooks Statement Writer (QSW)
- As soon as the program opens, choose Help > About QuickBooks Statement Writer. You can find the information about the version in the About window.
- Updating QuickBooks Statement Writer:
- Open QuickBooks Statement Writer
- Select Help Center > Update
Basic or Enhanced Payroll for QuickBooks (For US Only)
- Check the payroll version:
- If you are using QuickBooks Desktop, make sure to go to Employees and then to Payroll Center.
- Select the Payroll tab and to see the Subscription Status window
- If you want to download the latest payroll update, then see Download the latest payroll tax table.
QuickBooks Point of Sale (US Only)
- You can go the Help menu and then, ‘About Point of Sale’ to check the POS version and release. You can find the edition and version in the product line at the top.
- If you want to update QuickBooks Point of Sale, you can check ‘Update QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop to the latest release’.
(US only) QuickBooks Merchant Services or QuickBooks Payments
Till time, there is no version available for Merchant Services or Payments and QuickBooks is the only software used as an entry point to the Merchant Services (IMS) Server.
We hope that the above given article helped you to understand the procedure to address your query about check the product number, license number, version, and release date of your QuickBooks Desktop. However, If you need any type of further information on this topic then you can take help from our Intuit Certified Pro Advisors. In order to get instant help & support for you QB issues, you can contact our QuickBooks Support team. We are available with 24 hour of customer service. Dial +1-800-360-4183 and speak with one of our accounting expert.
Other recommended articles
Some FAQs to Check the product version of QuickBooks
QuickBooks product version is a numerical code that identifies the release version of your QuickBooks software. To check the product version, you can go to the “Help” menu, select “About QuickBooks,” and the version and release numbers will be displayed. If you have any issues with checking your product version, call our toll-free number +1-800-360-4183 for assistance.
The latest product version of QuickBooks is QuickBooks 2022. To check if you have the latest version installed, follow the steps mentioned in the previous answer. If you need help updating your QuickBooks software, call our toll-free number +1-800-360-4183 for expert assistance.
While you can continue to use your existing version of QuickBooks, it’s recommended that you update to the latest version for improved performance, security, and bug fixes. To ensure that your QuickBooks software is up to date, call our toll-free number +1-800-360-4183 and our experts will guide you through the update process.
To find your QuickBooks license number, log in to your Intuit account, select the QuickBooks product you’re using, and the license number will be displayed under “Product Information.” If you need further assistance with finding your license number, call our toll-free number +1-800-360-4183 and our customer support team will assist you.