A Complete Guide to Setting up the QuickBooks Email Service in QuickBooks desktop
QuickBooks allows users to set up email service on QuickBooks Desktop. If you have already set up its email service, you can use it to send invoice to your clients, send and receive reports, and perform other transaction as well from your QB Desktop through your outlook or webmail id. This added feature makes QuickBooks accounting software even more useful for small and mid-sized business owners.
If you are yet to use this QuickBooks feature or you are facing any issue in setting up QuickBooks email service, this article is for you. We have created this article to inform you how to set up email service and fix some common email service errors. Reading this article will help you out in setting up QuickBooks email service in QuickBooks desktop. Moreover, you can also call us at our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-318-0008, and our QuickBooks customer support team will be there to assist you or will set up email service.
Benefits of setting up QuickBooks email services
QuickBooks is loaded with features and these features make it efficient for businesses to perform their daily activities. And the email service feature can be of a lot of benefits to the users. It can help the users in the following ways:
- One can easily email invoices whenever the customer requires it directly from the software.
- Another plus point of this feature is that it allows the user to send payment reminders to customers by emailing them invoices.
- It further helps in importing data from spreadsheets.
- This feature serves both as a storage and tracking device for clients’ and vendors’ contact details.
- Using this feature, one can make a list of the products and send them to the vendors in a more efficient manner.
- Overall, this feature adds to the efficiency and smooth working of the business.
What do you need to set up email in QuickBooks?
In case you are planning to setup Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2003, then you might require the following information:
- Outgoing email server address
- Incoming email server address
- Incoming email server type
Available Email options in QuickBooks
QuickBooks allows the use of limited email services. There can be situations where you might be unable to spot the options for a particular email at QuickBooks desktop setup, due to some or the other reason. One of the reasons can be a different version other than the ones listed below. The common three options available are as follows:
- Outlook: In case you have Microsoft Outlook installed already, then simply avail outlook support. Also, note that outlook is a preferred email client and offers more effective hold with much ease.
- QuickBooks Email: The second option is the QuickBooks email option. This is not so common option among QuickBooks users.
- Webmail: Another option available is the webmail feature, which was launched in 2011 to bridge with Gmail, Yahoo, or any other email platforms.
You may also read: How to fix QuickBooks error code 1317?
Steps to Set-up QuickBooks Email Service on QuickBooks Desktop
Before proceeding, you need to prepare and setup your Microsoft Outlook profile.
You can use your existing Outlook profile or create a new one to set up your QuickBooks email service. You will also require Outlook username, password, incoming mail server address, outgoing mail server address and incoming email server type. In case you don’t have these details, you can contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Procedure to set up QuickBooks email invoices in Outlook and web mail
To continue this process you need to create an outlook profile first.
- First of all, you have to set up Outlook in QuickBooks Desktop:
- After that fill your Username
- Then put you Password
- And then Incoming mail server address
- Now put your Outgoing mail server address
- And finally put your Incoming email server type
Your webmail password will not be accepted on QuickBooks Desktop
If you are logged in to your QB desktop and trying to send email, you may receive a message that your password is incorrect and you would have to set up your password for your webmail account.
Quick tip: If QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t have outlook:
- Go to ‘QuickBooks Edit‘ menu
- Click on ‘Preferences‘
- Select ‘Forms‘
- Choose Outlook and click ‘OK‘
QB 2018: Provides for Gmail and Hotmail/ Lives user in the UK, USA, and Canada.
QuickBooks 2017 R5 and newer versions: Provides for Gmail users for the USA only.
QuickBooks 2017, older and R4 version: No Secure Webmail available.
Important Note: If you wish to add Secure Webmail to your QB company file, you should set up a strong password for your file.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816?
Steps to set up email service in Webmail
- Connect with Secure Webmail.
- Go to QuickBooks Edit menu and select Preferences and then Send Forms.
- Choose WebMail and Click Add.
- Type in your email address.
- Click “enhance the security” check box.
- Click OK.
- Sign in after the Login Page appears.
- Allow Intuit access.
Important: In hosted environments like right network, you may have to sign into your webmail account to send emails through QuickBooks software.
Your internet service provider determines the Webmail servers and port settings. QB can automatically furnish details for Gmail, Yahoo and other common providers.
You can choose your email service provider in different emails if you use a different email. However, make sure you verify this with your ISP prior to setting up webmail in QB Desktop.
- Go to ‘QuickBooks Edit menu‘ and select ‘Preferences‘ and Send Forms.
- Select ‘Webmail‘ and click ‘Add‘.
- Provide Login credentials.
- Click ‘OK‘ to save the changes.
Important: QuickBooks Desktop, unlike the Secure Webmail, prompts you to provide your password the first time you use regular webmail to send an email.
In case QB Desktop still doesn’t take your password, please know that web mail providers (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) practice two-step verification and want users to check the account setting for the same.
If you are a Cox user: Cox’s standard SMTP setting is not to use SSL or login credentials when sending emails. QB Desktop prefers SSL connections and wants you to provide login information. Thus, using port 25 and no SSL connection with SMTP doesn’t function with QuickBooks Desktop. A different trick is to use SSL with port 587 or 465.
If you are a CableOne users: Please use the following information since CableOne uses Google servers.
- Email Address: Your Email ID
- Email Provider: Gmail
- Port: 587 or 465
- SSL: Yes
Set up Email service in QuickBooks
This process requires you to choose the QuickBooks email settings.
- Followed by opting for the QuickBooks email option.
- Later on, enter the needed information like the email address, password, username, etc.
- You are also required to enter in any other information asked to and this would successfully link the email service to your QuickBooks.
Set up regular webmail
Before setting up the regular webmail, make sure to perform the steps related to verifying the server and port information with ISP. The steps involved in setting up web mail are as follows:
- Note that, the webmail servers and the port settings are governed by ISP.
- Enter the information for some of the most common providers like the Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail.
- Search for the server and port information.
- Perform the steps that appear on the screen until it shows set up successful.
Internet Service Provider (ISP) and Port Information
Below we have shared a table in which we have mentioned various internet service provider and port information. The users can check out the below table to find out the exact codes and information.
|SP (Internet Service Provider)
|587 (SSL enabled, with password)
|465 or 587 (see Note) (SSL enabled for incoming and outgoing mail server)
|110 or 587
|25 (with password)
|80, 25, or 3535
|GODADDY with Office 365
|587 (SSL enabled)
|MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 365
|587 (SSL enabled)
|25 (SSL enabled)
|25 (SSL enabled)
You may also like: How to Clean Up before you upgrade to QuickBooks desktop 2019?
We hope that you find this blog post helpful and at the end of this post you might be able to Set up Email Service In QuickBooks Desktop. In case you have any further query we are available 24×7 at your service. However our QuickBooks online support team is always there to assist you in your problems.
You can call us at our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-318-0008, and our certified professionals will be happy to help you!
People also searched for: