Learn the possible ways to resolve the QuickBooks Error -6150, -1006
Stumbled upon QuickBooks error code -6150, -1006 and don’t know what to do? Well, need not to worry anymore, this article is constructed to educate you about Error -6150, -1006, its reasons and possible solutions.
QuickBooks Desktop will give display some prompts and error messages (that may not be same every time) and would help the user to identify this issue.
What is QuickBooks error 6150, -1006?
QuickBooks error -6150, -1006 is one of the commonly encountered errors that could be seen when the user finds that he/she is unable to open the company file. When the user encounters this error, the very first thing to do is to detect the actual cause, and then move to the resolving procedures. If you are also facing any such error, then this article will help in fixing it without any hassle.
What error messages you will see?
The following error messages may on your desktop screen when error 6150 and 1006 occurs:
An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to create, open, or use the company file. Please try again.
If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6150 and -1006).
We are sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file. We’ll try to fix the problem. Click start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error code: (-6150, -1006)
Factors that might trigger this error -6150, -1006
- Damaged or corrupted company file might trigger this type of error.
- Computer infected with CryptoWall virus can also end up this type of error.
- Corrupted installation of QuickBooks desktop.
- Company file is corrupted or infected with virus.
- When you are trying to open a portable file without opening QuickBooks desktop.
Important Points to Remember:
- If the folder where the QuickBooks company file is stored has DECRYPT_INSTRUCTIONS (.txt or .html) document, then the system is infected.
- Along with QuickBooks company file, the CryptoWall virus can harm other files and programs as well.
- Also, the Intuit Data Services won’t be able to repair the infected files for the corruption is severe.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6150, -1006?
If you have received QuickBooks Error -6150, -1006, you can try the following solutions. However, you can take instant help from QuickBooks error support team to resolve this error.
Solution 1: Restore a backup of company file
The user will be able to fix QuickBooks Error -6150, -1006 by restoring the backup of company file.
The point to be noted here is that after the user converts a company file to a later version of QB, he/she cannot open it in a previous version. In case the user wants to use the previous QB version, then in that case he/she needs to restore a backup file created using that version.
Steps to restore a backup company file:
- Firstly visit the QuickBooks File menu and then hit Open or Restore Company.
- The next step is to select Open or Restore a Backup Copy and hit Next.
- Now opt for the Local Backup and Next options respectively.
- And then opt for the location of the backup file from the drop-down.
- After that select the backup file.
- Followed by clicking Open and then hitting Next.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to select the location where the user wants to restore the file from the save in drop-down.
- Now, type a new file name in the file name field and then save as type field should will populate QuickBooks files (*.QBW).
- Coming towards the end, hit Save and respond to all the messages that pop up appropriately before the restoration starts.
- And the final step is to click Save and then carefully read and respond to any messages that appear before restoration begins.
If the user still faces error code -6150, -1006, then it is recommended to move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Recover lost data with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
- If you have QuickBooks Desktop with Auto Data Recovery (ADR), then you may be able to able to recover almost all of your data if data loss or corruption happens.
- If you have not ADR then take help from our QuickBooks data recovery support team.
Solution 3: Create QuickBooks Desktop Company File
A QuickBooks Desktop company file holds financial records of a company. If you’re new to QuickBooks, you should start with creating a company file. In case you already have a company file, you can upgrade the file or check if it is the appropriate time to begin with a new company file to replace your old file.
- First of all, open QuickBooks Desktop.
- And then visit the “No Company Open” window and select Create a new company.
- Choose Express Start or Detailed Start.
- Type in all the necessary details in QuickBooks Setup window.
(Select Help me choose to read the description for every business type and the preset chart of accounts that QuickBooks will craft for you per company.)
- Choose Create Company.
- Once your company file is created, start creating your customers, chart of accounts and services or do that later by selecting Start Working.
- Provide information on the Easy Step Interview screen and select Next.
- Select your Industry and hit Next.
- Select your type of business entity and select Next.
- Set your fiscal year’s first month and select Next.
- Choose your QuickBooks administrator password and select Next.
- Choose the location where you wish to store your company file and select Save.
- Hit next to customize your QuickBooks or select Leave (you can do that later).
Solution 4: Checking for CryptoWall
In certain cases, the CryptoWall virus and other infected software can cause Error -6150, -1006 and also prevent the user from opening QuickBooks accounting software. The user can simply follow the steps listed below, in order to get rid of this kind of issue.
- First of all, the user is supposed to open the Windows Start menu.
- And after that, type File Explorer in the search bar. Along with that, the user needs to open the File Explorer.
- The next step in this process is to look for and open QuickBooks folder that could be located on the C: drive.
- After that, the user needs to look for the files that have decrypt or instructions. (.txt or .html)
In case the user is unable to detect any of the files that fits the description, then in that case the system is completely fine. If the user detects files that fit the description, then he/she is supposed to reach out to the anti-virus provider, in order to remove the CryptoWall virus.
This brings us to the end of the article, and we hope that this article assists you in fixing QuickBooks Error Code -6150, -1006. In case the issue persists even after following all the given steps or you have any other QB related issue, then you can simply contact our 24×7 QuickBooks support team at +1 800 880 6389. We will be please to help you.
Few Other -6000 Series Error Messages: