Want to convert Quicken data into QuickBooks desktop? Then your search ends here.
Well, this article contains every detail about the conversion of Quicken data into QuickBooks desktop that will helpful for all the small business owners who wants to grow their business at an advanced level. They want that their data should no longer be in Quicken but in QuickBooks. Although, convert Quicken data to QuickBooks desktop is quite intricate task but the step-by-step tutorial given in this blog will help you to not lose valuable Quicken data during the transitioning and in the meantime if you require assistance, you can contact QuickBooks support toll free number +1-844-318-0008 and our support team will help you instantly. But before implementing those steps, there are certain factors that you must take into consideration for a hassle-free conversion.
Quicken Vs QuickBooks: What are they, And Critical Differences between them.
Both Quicken and QuickBooks are robust financial accounting software that makes your business tasks attainable. As both of them serve the same purpose so they can’t be used simultaneously, so you have to choose one from them that is suitable according to your business necessities. However, both of them are now owned by separate companies, whereas QuickBooks is owned by Intuit Inc. and Quicken is now owned by Aquiline Capital Partners. Some more critical differences between both of them are listed below:
|Designed for personal financial
management (for the finances of
individuals and families)
|Designed for the accounting processes of
small and mid-sized businesses (creating
invoices and can track inventory)
|This software is not hosted on cloud.
|QuickBooks is cloud host software.
|Quicken accepts the payment only through
the PayPal online transaction.
|QuickBooks can accept payment through Pay
Pal, bank debit cards, credit cards as well as
from other online transactions.
|Quicken can easily handle the Rental
|QuickBooks can’t handle the Rental property
|Quicken can’t do the mileage tracking.
|QuickBooks can do the mileage tracking
|Quicken is free of cost and more
appropriate and easy to use.
|QuickBooks is chargeable and more typical
to use than Quicken.
Things to Consider Before Transition from Quicken to QuickBooks
Before you begin to convert Quicken to QuickBooks, we have listed some factors that you must be aware of, they are:
- Firstly, Conversion of Quicken to QuickBooks is unilateral (one-way) process it means that once you have converted Quicken files to QuickBooks then it cannot be reverted back and it is not possible to open it in Quicken again.
- Before converting the file, you have to create the backup of Quicken file you want to convert or else you can convert the copied version of your Quicken data.
- As QuickBooks can only convert the windows file of Quicken so if in case you want to use Quicken software on Mac, then you need to convert Quicken Mac files into windows files first.
- It would be better to start the conversion process from a new file because of some of the challenges that can come with converting Quicken data to QuickBooks.
Possible instances where you must utilize the Quicken converter to convert Quicken to QuickBooks:
Some of the instances where you need to use the conversion tool are given below:
- When the version of Quicken software is not same as the QuickBooks version, you’ll have to use the Quicken converter e.g., to convert files of Quicken 2017 to QuickBooks 2019, Premier, or QuickBooks Pro, for this Quicken converter is used.
- When you have a Quicken version that is parallel to the QuickBooks Desktop version, then you can convert directly to QuickBooks using the Conversion Utility instead of Quicken Converter e.g. Conversion of Quicken 2019 to QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise 2019.
- Quicken converter tool and Conversion utility are only applicable for Windows, they don’t work for Mac data file of Quicken Or else you can develop a new QuickBooks file.
Procedure to Convert Quicken to QuickBooks Desktop
In order to build-up the production in business it is essential to convert Quicken to QuickBooks Desktop.
This conversion can be done in two ways:
- Using Quicken Converter tool.
- Utilizing the Conversion Utility.
How to Use Quicken Converter tool?
Step 1: Firstly, download the Quicken Converter tool according to your QuickBooks desktop version. After that locate your file in a place where you can easily access it.
Step2: Once it is done now follow the procedure to install the Quicken Converter and then perform the conversion process.
- Open the downloaded Converter tool by double clicking on it and then tap on the Next button.
- Now click on the ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’, and click the ‘Next’ option.
- Again, to start the installation processes opt for the Next button and then choose ‘Install’.
- Next click on the ‘Launch Quicken Converter’ option, and then select the ‘Finish’ option.
- Click on the option ‘I am transferring data from Quicken for Windows ‘and hit on the ‘Get Started’ option.
- After that Choose the ‘Open a data file located on this computer’ option, and Select File.
- Then search for the Quicken file (.QDF), and hit on the ‘Ok’ option.
- Pick out the ‘Convert it’ option then again click on the ‘Ok’ option.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Save’ option then go for the ‘Exit’ option to save the Quicken (.QDF) file.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3003?
How to Use Conversion Utility Tool?
In order to convert directly Quicken to QuickBooks Desktop by using the Conversion Utility in QuickBooks follow the below mentioned steps:
- For this you have to first log in to QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then go to the ‘File’ menu, and select the ‘Utilities’ option from the file.
- Now Choose ‘Convert’, and click on the ‘From Quicken’ option from the drop-down menu.
- After that, pick out the Quicken file (.QDF) that you want to convert to QuickBooks.
- Now for rest of the conversion follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
You may also like: Condense Data Utility and Repair your QuickBooks File
In order to gather more information regarding the Conversion Utility.
- Tap on the F1 from the keyboard to go to the Help window in your QuickBooks Desktop
- Once the Help window gets opened type “convert from Quicken” in the search bar. This will give you more detail about this conversion utility.
To Sum Up!
Hopefully, this article would be informative, where you can convert the Quicken to QuickBooks easily by performing the above-mentioned procedure in simple steps. However, if you got stuck and need any further assistance, we would recommend you to get in touch with our experts by giving us a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions on a Toll-Free Number +1-844-318-0008 They are always available to assist you and will resolve the problem in the least possible time.
Read More Articles Here: