Get Quick Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1311
QuickBooks is an excellent accounting software that has helped millions of small and mid-sized business owners meet their goals. Though it’s a robust software, it sometimes receives errors. A common error, which QB users often report, is Error Code 1311 in QuickBooks Desktop that appears either during updating QuickBooks accounting software or while exporting a report from some financial statement designer to MS Excel. Sometimes the installation of the software from CD may cause the error. Thus, in this kind of situations the error shows up on the screen and reads as follows:
QuickBooks Error 1311: “Source file not found (name of the file). Check that file exists and that is accessible to you.”
In case of error code 1311, the system may ask you to retry or cancel, and verify before proceeding. If you want to resolve the error, then tap on cancel and then proceed. Another way of resolving this error is to contact the QuickBooks Error support helpline i.e. +1-844-405-0907 and tell them about the occurrence of the error so that they can help you with the possible solution.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1311
The QuickBooks error 1311 is caused while updating or exporting files, some of the possible reasons for this error are:
- Damaged or corrupted Microsoft office
- The CD from which you might be installing is corrupt
- Maybe your Microsoft office version is not compatible with QuickBooks software
- There is some problem with the CD-ROM drive
What are the signs of QuickBooks error code 1311?
The following can be the signs that would help the user to identify such an error in QuickBooks:
- Whenever the error pops up on the screen with an error message, it becomes easy for the user to identify the issue.
- Another sign can be if the installation of QuickBooks with a company disk is failing again and again
- The user can also spot this issue when a file is being exported to media and the software freezes
- Another sign can be if you are unable to export one or multiple reports from QuickBooks FSD to Microsoft excel
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 304?
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1311
Let’s get started with copying the installation files from CD to a hard drive before installation. Some of the possible solutions are as described:
Method 1: Copy Files to hard driver and then install it
- Start by inserting QuickBooks CD into CD-ROM and verify if installation starts automatically. If it starts automatically then tap ‘QUIT’ to exit
- Now, right click on the start tap of the Windows and then click ‘EXPLORE.’
- Create a folder in your desktop to copy installation files
- Browse QuickBooks CD –ROM and do a right click on it to EXPLORE
- Find QBooks and other third-party folders and then tap on the setup.exe
- Hold the CTRL key on desktop and press file and folder to copy the files
- Paste this copied files on the new folder which you created
- If the error occurs again, then it is the issue of CD-ROM
- In this kind of situation, make sure to call the customer care executive so that they can help you to solve the error and you can resume working
- If there is not any error being occurred at the time of copying, open the NEW FOLDER
- Now double tap on setup.exe to get started with the installation
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816?
Method 2: Checking Compatibility of Microsoft Office
The Microsoft Office requires to be updated to utilize financial statement designer. Only after this, the report can be exported directly from the QuickBooks to an office.
For verifying the compatibility you are required to follow certain steps below:
- Go to control panel and then double tap on the Remove or add programs.
- Now, select Microsoft Office to make the modification.
- The version for the Microsoft Office is required to be 2000 or later.
- If the version is not 2000 or later, then you are required to modify or repair as per the instructions offered to resolve the issue
Method 3: Restricting Access to CD –ROM
- Click on the Start button on your keyboard and then go to Settings.
- Now, go to the Control Panel and then tap on ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS.
- From administrative tools list select “LOCAL SECURITY POLICY and EXPAND LOCAL POLICY FOLDER”
- Then you can choose the options for security.
- Click on any of the security options as per the version of the Windows installed in your desktop- RESTRICT CD-ROM access to the local users
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150, -1006?
Method 4: Perform Scanning and installation
- Press Start or Windows key and then choose All programs.
- After that hit a right click on command prompt and choose run as Administrator option
- Type FSC/SCANNOW, in the command prompt and hit Enter key.
- Once the scan process completes, type msiexec/unregin in the command prompt and hit on Enter key.
- After that type msiexec/regserver in the command prompt window and then press Enter key.
- Finally, visit to the creative suite product installation.
Method 5: Reinstall CS4 Application
- Click the “Start” button on your screen or the “Windows” key on your keyboard
- Open “Run” Window
- Type “msiexec/unreg” in the open box and press Enter
- Following, you need to reinstall CS4 application
- Open the application setup file and follow the prompts on your computer screen to complete the installation process
Method 6: Make use of photoshop elements disc
- Under this process, the very first step is to insert the Photoshop Elements install disc into the DVD/CD-ROM drive.
- After that open My Computer and right click on Photoshop Elements disc.
- Now, make a folder on the desktop and copy the Adobe photoshop elements folder in it.
- After you are done with copying, make sure to eject the disc and open the adobe photoshop elements
- Now, double click the Setup.exe to start the installation.
- Perform the onscreen steps to complete the process
Method 7: Clean the CD/DVD or removable media
If none of the above methods didn’t work for you, then you can simply try to clean the CD/DVD or removable media. Any dust, dirt, or fingerprints on the media can cause issues when installing or exporting QuickBooks. Using a soft cloth to gently clean the media, and then try to install or export QuickBooks again.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks error 1334?
I hope you have successfully resolved the QuickBooks error code 1311 with the help of above given methods. In case the error still appears while exporting, updating or installing the files from QuickBooks desktop then you can contact our QuickBooks technical support team at +1-844-405-0907.
We are available here for round the clock to help you. We feature advanced tools and technologies and offer the best in class QuickBooks support & help.
You might get the following error message on your desktop screen: Error 1311: ‘’Source file not found: D:\ZF561407.CAB’ . Verify that the file exists and that you can access it”
The very first step is to head to the start tab and then run and enter regedit in the ope field. Now,iIn the registry, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDRoms. In case the value for AllocateCDRoms is set to “1”, change it to “0”, reboot the machine and try again.
You might get the following error message on your desktop screen: Error 1311: ‘’Source file not found: D:\ZF561407.CAB’ . Verify that the file exists and that you can access it” This basically means that file cannot be accessed.