As a QuickBooks user, there is a high probability of experiencing certain abnormalities in the accounting software. These abnormalities are often termed as errors and are assigned certain error code by Intuit for easy identification and rectification. One such error that we are going to highlight in this segment is QuickBooks Error -6000, -82 or -6000, -106. For a QuickBooks user, bumping into errors is quite common. Out of these errors, a few are associated with the company file, whereas the others are either a result of human intervention or due to improper permissions, etc. Coming to the error code 6000 82 or 6000 106, it usually occurs when you try to open or access a company file in QuickBooks Desktop. Be prepared to receive these errors even when opening or creating a company file in QuickBooks Desktop.
As this particular is associated with the company file, subsiding them immediately is the only option to avoid any sort of hindrances in future. Thus, to help you in the fixation process, we have curated this piece of writing, sharing the in-depth analysis of the error, the factors driving this glitch in QuickBooks, and of course the measures and strategies you can implement to shun off the error permanently. Note: If you are trying to resolve these errors, ensure that QuickBooks is updated to the latest released version.
In addition to this, also download, install and run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool on your system. You can continue reading this writing for a better insight into this article, or if you don’t have a sound knowledge to implement these solutions, you can ask our QuickBooks ProAdvisors for further technical assistance by getting on a call at +1-800-360-4183. Or look for QuickBooks Error Support for any type of problem resolution. Having said that, let us together
You may also like: How to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 15221?
What is QuickBooks error code 6000 82 or 6000 106?
If you are using QuickBooks for a while now, you might have surely heard about the QuickBooks 6000 error series at least once. These error codes are often associated with the company file and might prevent you from accessing the company file on any other system. The QuickBooks error code 6000 82 or 6000 106 belongs to the 6000-error series and is often experienced when you try to open the company file or when you try to access the company file data stats that the application can’t reach. This particular error appears on the screen with a warning message that states:
An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Quicken Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, -82).
When you bump into this issue, it might not let you access the company file on any other system. Often when you use a multi-user mode, it is probable to experience this issue. There are a couple of factors triggering such error in QuickBooks, let us explore together.
What may cause QuickBooks Error 6000, 82 or 6000, 106?
There are different 6000 series errors and error code -6000, -82 and -6000, -106 are among the rarest. But don’t worry, these are fixable and this article will explain all the possible solutions to get rid of these two codes. First, let’s learn about the most possible causes that may lead to this error.
- Your Windows Defender Firewall is blocked
- Files such as .TLG, .QBW, .QBB, .ND are corrupt
- Network configuration isn’t appropriate
- The file path used is wrong
- Issues in hosting or accessing QuickBooks File
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks company file error 6000 82?
Identifying the error code 6000 82 becomes easy, once you go through the below signs and symptoms:
- The error code itself appears on the screen.
- Another trigger can be the system crashes again and again.
- The windows OS is running sluggishly.
- The system or QuickBooks accounting software freezes.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 82 or 6000, 106
You have to perform the following solutions in the order shown for best results:
STEP 1: Delete all the empty space before the company file extension and after the company name
- Log out QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the folder where company files are saved
- Rename the Company File
- Find the name of the file, and clear all the empty spaces between the company name and file extension.
- Now, open or create a company file
- If you cannot resolve the problem through Step 1, then you can proceed to the Step 2.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 301?
STEP 2: Turn off hosting with all the computers with QuickBooks installed:
For Single User: Turning off hosting mode disables multi-user access
- Click on Utilities in the File menu and click on Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- As you do this, a message will pop up on the screen. Click on Yes.
- A Message appears on the screen when the company file has to be closed. Click ‘Yes’.
Note: If this error occurs, this means that more than one computer has been set up incorrectly to host multi-user access.
- You will be able to see this error on each and every computer with incorrect hosting settings
- In the No Company Open Window, Select File and then click on Utilities.
- Confirm that the menu option of host multi-user access is visible. Here, note that more than one client computer can display menu options and prevent hosting multi-user access.
- After this, choose the option of Stop Hosting Multi-user access on any client computer; display the Stop Hosting Multi-user access.
- Follow the steps to stop hosting
- Open the problem file and ensure that the log-in window appears.
- If the problem still persists, follow Step 3.
STEP 3: Move to Hosting Local and Remote File Mode:
- To open the detail of the window, click F2 key in QuickBooks
- Set the hosting to local files only. (Check this at the bottom of the window under the section of local server information.)
- Select File Menu and change it to multi-user mode.
- Open the Company files. If you are seeking more details, then you can look for QuickBooks in-product Help. You can also set up multi-user mode for QuickBooks Desktop resource page.
- To check the product detail tab, open the company file and press F2 key.
- Now again confirm that the hosting is set to local files only.
- If the problem persists, follow Step 4.
Point to Note: If you are trying to provide consistent access to company file to the users, then you shall leave the computer that is hosting multi-user access, and the users who set up the QuickBooks should be logged in. However, you are not required to open the QuickBooks.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 304?
STEP 4: Restart the Client Computer
After restarting the computer, you will observe that all the system settings will be brought from scratch and all the current settings and state of the software will be eliminated.
STEP 5: Use the standard data troubleshooting solution to resolve this error
While troubleshooting, there are chances that there may be damages to your company file data. In that case, you can follow the steps given on our website to resolve all the data damage issues.
STEP 6: Run Quick Fix My Program feature on the client computer
If the above steps didn’t help, try running quick fix my program feature on the client system using the steps listed below:
- First, download and install QuickBooks tool hub on the client system.
- Forwarded to selecting Program Problems.
- Pick the Quick Fix My Program option from the list.
- Choose QuickBooks desktop and further open the data file.
STEP 7: Use Verify and Rebuild Tool
At times damaged data can also trigger such errors in QuickBooks. Try fixing the damaged company file data that requires in-depth knowledge of the software. Run the rebuild utility and then verify utility to fix the data damage. Follow the steps listed below:
- Start off by clicking on the Utilities tab from the file menu.
- Further, click on the Verify Data.
- After the error message appears on the screen stating “QuickBooks detected no problem with the data”, click on the ok tab.
- Continue using the company file.
- If the verify tool finds an issue with the data, you should rebuild now or view errors.
- Click on Close.
- Or perform the steps below:
- Spot the QBWin.log or QuickBooks.log files.
- From the tech help window, if you are working with a support agent, click on the Send log files to intuit support.
- This will send the file to the repository, which will enable the support agent to view the log files.
- If you are working with a support agent, then you will have to locate the most recent file for Begin Verify.
- In case you are a Mac user, you need to scroll all the way to the bottom for the most recent verified information.
- Look for the line that contains the LVL_ERROR;
- Search for it on QuickBooks learn and support.
- You might also see the data damage Top LVL errors library.
Errors can be extremely devastating for QuickBooks users, and errors that are related to the company file need to be tackled as soon as possible. We believe that the steps illustrated above might be of some assistance for you in tackling this particular error code 6000 82 in QuickBooks. On the contrary, if you feel the need for a team of professionals, who can guide you through the right procedure to eliminate the error from its root cause, then do not hesitate in connecting with our QuickBooks Support team on our helpline number i.e. +1-800-360-4183 toll-free.
QuickBooks Error 6000 82 or 6000 106 is an error code that appears when users try to open, restore, or backup a QuickBooks company file. It usually indicates a problem with the company file itself, such as a damaged file or an incorrect file extension. QuickBooks Error 6000 82 can also occur due to network issues or when the user is not logged in as an administrator.
The solutions for QuickBooks Error 6000 82 or 6000 106 can vary depending on the underlying cause of the error. Some common troubleshooting steps include running the QuickBooks File Doctor tool, verifying file permissions and network connectivity, restoring a backup of the company file, checking for special characters or spaces in the file name, and ensuring that the user is logged in as an administrator. Additionally, some causes of the error may require advanced technical knowledge or assistance from a QuickBooks expert.
While there is no guaranteed way to prevent QuickBooks Error 6000 82 or 6000 106 from occurring, there are some best practices that can minimize the risk of encountering the error. These include regularly backing up QuickBooks company files, avoiding special characters or spaces in file names, ensuring that all network connections are stable and secure, and keeping QuickBooks and antivirus software up to date. Additionally, it’s important to maintain good communication with your IT team or QuickBooks support provider to promptly address any issues that may arise.