QuickBooks is an accounting software and help to manage all our workloads in a systematic way. This error code generally appears with a warning message as shown below. However, the QuickBooks error code -6000, -301 is quite familiar with the QuickBooks desktop users.
You may see the following error message on your computer screen:
Warning: An error occurred when QuickBooks Desktop tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the issue pertains, contact the Intuit Technical Support & endow them with the following QB error codes: (-6000,-301).
Why QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -301 arises?
In this way, if one thinks about the QuickBooks Error 6000 304, the error occurs when a user is attempting to open a QuickBooks company file with (.qbw), and the disk space is not enough is the primary error. This error occurs over the screen as shown above and due to this QuickBooks becomes difficult to manage and handle.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 404?
Causes of QuickBooks Error -6000, -301
The Error can cause due to the following ways. One or more of the QuickBooks desktop files gets damaged. These file(s) are given below:
- Transaction Log (.TLG) file
- Network descriptor (ND ) file
- Data Source name ( DSN) file
- If the data company file gets damaged
- Encryption Software installed.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, -301?
Check out the possible systematic solution for error code -6000, -301. Follow the steps in sequence to get the best result.
Solution 1: Repair your QuickBooks desktop
Since the QuickBooks is all about giving enough of the application to be stored over the computer and the related excel file(s) it is necessary to delete the files which are of no use or have got corrupt.
Here is the easy step to remove QuickBooks error:
- Go to the “Start” or “Windows” menu => open the “Control Panel” tab => click on the “Programs” tab => click on the “Programs and Features” tab.
- Select the QuickBooks & click on the “Uninstall” icon.
- Click on the “Next” tab once the QuickBooks installation window appears.
- Select the “radio” button next to “Repair” icon. Click on the “Next” tab & then the “Repair” tab.
- Click on the “Finish” icon.
Solution 2: Update the QuickBooks Software
- Ensure that your QuickBooks software is updated to it’s latest version. If it is not, then we recommend you to update. (Note: Currently the latest version is – QuickBooks desktop 2020)
- If the company file is still not opened easily, troubleshoot your issue by following the next step.
Read Also: How to upgrade QuickBooks desktop?
Solution 3: Rename the QuickBooks .ND files
- Opening the folder which contains the company file.
- Just have the file(s) with the same name as the QuickBooks file but with the extension .tlg along with .nd and/ or .dsu.
- Right-click with each file along with selecting Rename. Adding the word .OLD to each of them.
- This rebuilds your company data files and keeps away from a default database.
Solution 4: Make a Restart of your Computer system
- First of all you need to restart your computer system.
- Also reboot the computer where you have saved your company file.
- If still the problem persist, try next solution step.
Solution 5: Use QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- First of all you need to download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool and get to install into your system.
- This tool will automatically detect the problem and try to fix them automatically.
Solution 6: Disable the encryption software (if find any)
- Now get to communicate to the software merchant for your encryption software for specific guidance on disabling the software.
Note: We do not suggest encrypting the QB Company file using any third-party encryption software. You can contact the encryption software’s vendor for detailed instructions about how to disable it.
I hope you find this blog helpful. Furthermore, if queries still persist then feel-free to ask your doubts directly to our experts at our 24/7 QuickBooks support helpline number i.e. 1(800)880-6389 which is accessible for 24/7. We will be pleased to help you out in this.