The software QuickBooks is one of the most trusted accounting applications used today. For having advanced features, this software is used by small and medium organizations. QuickBooks is a software so often users face certain technical errors. To combat such issues Intuit came up with QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1317?
What is QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is actually an application that is designed to diagnose and resolve any errors during QuickBooks accounting installation procedure. In fact, it can solve issues related to .NET Framework, C++, and MSXML. The QuickBooks Desktop uses basically makes use of some of the core components of Microsoft and when one or more components stops functioning in the normal way or become unstable, the operating system error comes up. This issue can be fixed by download and installing the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
Exactly What is Microsoft .Net Framework?
Usually, .Net framework component helps to run interface program appropriately. QuickBooks/Pro series/Lacerate makes use of Microsoft .Net framework for numerous areas of the program. There is different .Net framework is readily available for the each variation of QuickBooks Desktop. Sometimes .Net framework can come to be broken as well as shows errors
How Does QuickBooks Diagnostic tool works
A wide array of errors happening during the QuickBooks Desktop installation can be fixed by the QuickBooks Diagnostic tool. Below are few such error codes.
- QuickBooks Error code 1935
- QuickBooks Error code 1603
- QuickBooks Error code 1402
- QuickBooks error code 1904
- Errors related to the damaged MSXML .NET Framework
- Error pertaining to damaged MSXML and C++
What is MSXML?
MSXML is an application that is majorly that allows the other application written in script, VBScript, & Microsoft development applications to build a window native XML application. The MSXML feature allows the user to manage the information & see the data files swiftly. But this whole process will only allow user to view the data file/files on Notepad and browser and user would still be unable to access the app background.
Error encounter if MSXML is damaged or missing:
- Make Sure that the MSXML has been installed on your system correctly.
- Facing problem to access the registration file. Check MSXML is installed correctly or not : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\COMMON FILES\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBRegistration.dat
What is C++ for QuickBooks Desktop?
Microsoft visual C++ is a set of library files that are required to run the applications designed & developed with the Visual C++ applications that can also be redistributed. QuickBooks Desktop is already equipped with a privilege to correct and install the right version of Visual C++ automatically into your machine.
Few errors occur if Microsoft C++ is missing or damaged:
- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: Runtime Error!
- Error 1904: [file path / name / extension] failed to register
- C++ runtime error! C:\program files\quickbooks online backup\onlinebackup.shl
- Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Error Program: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [Year]\QBW32.exe Abnormal Program Termination.
- Application failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect.
You may also like: How to Fix Banking Error 9995 in QuickBooks Online?
How to Fix Microsoft .NET, MSML and C++ issues with QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- The first thing to do is download the setup file from the link.
- Then save and setup file in the local desktop when you get the notification.
- Then you have to close down all programs running in the system and then again start the program by clicking on QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe.
- Once the diagnosis is done you have to restart the system in order to confirm the proper update of the component.
- Do make sure that the internet connectivity is strong enough as the installation procedure requires downloading at times. Slow or no internet connectivity can affect the downloading process.
- If the QBInstall tool is not able to find the reason behind the error then you can try out the solution provided by Intuit.
Solution 1: Manually Repair Microsoft Components
- Firstly, Repair/Reinstall Microsoft .NET framework
- After that Repair Microsoft MSXML
- Lastly, Uninstall or install again Microsoft Visual C++
Things to Remember
- After you have downloaded the tool to your desktop, ensure that you always close all the programs running in your system and then only click on the file to run the tool.
- The diagnostic tool will automatically diagnose the error and fix it. But at times the system does require to be rebooted.
- In case the tool displays the message ‘No errors were detected’, then the problem has been solved.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H505?
Get the Help you need for QuickBooks
In case, you get stuck while downloading or installing the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool or the error doesn’t get fixed then right away ask help from the 24*7 QuickBooks Support providers. The Support experts are available 24/7 and they are experienced in solving all errors and technical issues related to QuickBooks. The solution is provided either via phone call or through remote access. Reach them at 1-844-405-0907 for further assistance. The best thing about seeking assistance from the QuickBooks Error Support service team is that not only will the solve your problem, but also guide you how to use the software and avoid any technical errors later.
Some FAQs QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is a software utility provided by Intuit to diagnose and fix errors that occur during the installation process of QuickBooks software. This tool automatically identifies and resolves installation issues that can prevent you from installing or opening QuickBooks on your computer. If you encounter any problems while installing QuickBooks, you can download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to diagnose and fix the issue.
The time it takes for QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix installation errors can vary depending on the nature and severity of the issue. In most cases, the tool can diagnose and fix the issue within a few minutes. However, if the issue is complex, it may take longer to resolve. Once the tool has completed its diagnostics and resolved the issue, you can proceed with the installation of QuickBooks.
Yes, QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is compatible with all versions of QuickBooks, including QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise, and Accountant. If you encounter any installation issues with any version of QuickBooks, you can use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to diagnose and fix the issue.
If you encounter any issues while using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, you can contact our toll-free number +1-844-405-0907 for assistance.