Having issues with the installation of QuickBooks Desktop? Sometimes QB users may see very common problems at the time they try to install QuickBooks desktop software. These errors may occur in QuickBooks for windows as well as Mac. When this error happens, the program doesn’t start or errors repeatedly appears when clicking on QB files or a company icon. The installation errors can create countable nuisances and prevents QB files to open the whole program in windows or in Mac systems. However, you can simply resolve these errors by rebooting your computer system once.
In this article, we are going to discuss on several basic steps to resolve various type of QuickBooks desktop installation errors for Windows and Mac. However, if you are looking for instant help form well qualified accounting experts you can contact our QuickBooks enterprise support team by dialing 1-844-405-0907. We can manage all sort of concerns associated with these errors.
What Causes the Installation Errors for Windows & Mac in QuickBooks?
Below are some possible causes behind the QuickBooks Installation Errors.
- You are using the different version of QuickBooks to open the company file, folder, compressed or encrypted file
- Opening of QuickBooks multiple times if you double clicked repeatedly which blocking your company files from opening successfully
- Wrong method to open a specific file type can also be a cause of error
- The problem with reports and other windows within the file
- Incomplete or wrong name of a file or an extension that corrupts all data
- These errors can occur if one of the core Microsoft components that QuickBooks Desktop uses is not functioning correctly
What are the Signs of installation issues?
You can easily spot the issue with the help of below signs and symptoms:
- In case the QuickBooks program freezes when you try to open or run it
- Or if the windows system is not responding.
- Another sign can be if the installation file won’t open.
- The installation got interrupted in between the process.
- The system hangs while working.
- Sluggish keyboard and mouse response.
Backup Company File Before Fixing QuickBooks Desktop Installation Errors
When you perform the steps to rectify an issue, it might happen that the company file data gets damaged, especially when you do not perform the steps properly. Thus, it is recommended to first take the backup of the data.
- Start with opening QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Click on the option File menu.
- Now, from the drop-down options, click on the backup company file.
- Choose Create local backup option.
- In the backup window, go for option Local Backup.
- Click the Next button to proceed with the process.
- Hit the Browse button; and select the location to save the backup file.
- Go for the location and then click the OK button.
- Hit the Save button.
- Press the Next button to proceed further for starting backup.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 30114?
How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop install errors in Windows?
If you are trying to uninstall, refresh, or introduce an application on the Windows based computer, you possibly experience dozens of error messages.
Error: Verify Windows Installer Problem
This error generally occurs when the windows installer is disable, corrupt, or improperly installed in the computer. In such condition, you can go through the following steps to check if there is any Windows Installer issue. Follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Select the “Windows” or “Start” icon
- Go to the search dialogue box, and enter “cmd”. Or select the “Run” option and then enter the “cmd”
- Then, hit onto the “Enter” tab. This will lead you to open the “Command Prompt” window
- Go to the order brief and enter ‘MSIExec’
- Later, tap on the “Enter” key
- In case, MSI engine running properly then you will not see any error message
- Re-install it again
Error: Windows Installer Package Error Message When You Reinstall or Remove Mac Software
This error message appear while reinstalling or removing Mac software. You can efficiently fix this problem by using the Windows ‘Control Panel’ at the moment of Mac software uninstall or reinstall.
Steps to fix the Software
- Go to the “Control Panel” tab and uninstall the application
- Select the application that you desire to eliminate and then, choose the “Repair” option
- Attempt to uninstall the application
- Uninstall the entire apple software & reinstall the iTunes or cloud for windows
- Ensure that you have installed the latest updated window
- Visit the Microsoft program install and utility website
- Click on the “Download” and “Open” tab. In case, utilities unable to open then click on the “Save” option rather than “Open” option
- Go to the “Utility” windows and hit onto the “Next” tab
- Choose the program that you wish to uninstall & hit onto the “Next” icon
- If a question like “Uninstall or cleanup?” appear on the screen..! Choose the “Indeed, attempt uninstall” option
- Shutdown the utility
- Uninstall all the iCloud, iTunes, or Apple Software from the Windows. If any issue persists, you are free to contact the Apple Support
QuickBooks Error 1334
This error can be seen when the file isn’t installed properly. There can be a bunch of other factors as well causing such an error. To learn what those factors are, check out the list below:
- One of the reasons can be if the file isn’t installed correctly.
- Or if you are unable to access the file itself.
- You can also face this issue when trying to compose the file name or the file.
Steps to fix the issue when launching QuickBooks
- You need to open the software.
- And then, open the company file with the extension .QBW
- The user is then required to open the company file and double click on the file to open it into the QuickBooks account.
- It should be noted that you need to update the Microsoft .NET framework before performing the steps.
QuickBooks Error 1712
This error is also an installation error that appears stating: We are Sorry! Something turned out badly with your installation. Error 1712. Or One or more of the files needed to restore your PC to its past state couldn’t be found. Restoration won’t be conceivable.
Steps to Fix Error 1712
You can try fixing this issue using the steps below:
Step 1: Download and Install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Download the file of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the file where you can easily find it or in the default location i.e., downloads.
- After that, open the downloaded file for example QuickBooksTools.exe to start the installation.
- In Installation Wizard, perform all the steps as displayed on your screen.
- Now, click on consent to the agreements of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Click on the Finish button.
- Head to the Windows Desktop and then double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open it.
Step 2: Run the Quick Fix My Program to Fix the Problem
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Select the option Program Problems.
- Click on the Quick Fix My Program option to run for fixing the problem.
- It might take some time.
- Try to install the QuickBooks to check for errors.
Also Read: How to setup email service in QuickBooks desktop?
Fix QuickBooks Desktop Installation Errors (Windows & Mac)
Checkout the Infographic in order to understand the quick ways to resolve common Installation errors of QuickBooks.
Hope this helped you. Let’s start to discuss some other methods in details to solve this error with Windows. You need to follow every steps as they are given.
Solution 1: Close QBW32.exe process
- Give one right-click on a windows task bar & then choose the option that is labeled as Start Task Manager
- Click on the Processes
- Now click to the Image Name header to sort it alphabetically order
- Locate it & select it as EXE
- At last, click to the End process
Solution 2: Suppress the QuickBooks application
- Right click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon, press and hold the Ctrl key and select Open
- Open the company file
Solution 3: Restart your PC or a Laptop
- Restart your computer. It will bring your computer up from the scratch and also swipes away the current state of the software
- Try again to open your QuickBooks desktop after restarting your computer. Moreover, it will reset the wrong settings you might have selected during your previous attempt.
Solution 4: Re-Register your QuickBooks Related Components & files in Windows
- To re-register all your QuickBooks related to .DLL & .OCX files in MS, you need to try to run and reboot.bat Function.
Solution 5: Repair QuickBooks Installation Process
- Replacing all corrupt or damaged QB installation files by running a repair on your QuickBooks installation
Solution 6: Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks
- Firstly, Download QuickBooks Clean Install tool. (Note: You can download this tool from here: https://intuitcorp.quickbase.com/up/bd9yykidd/g/r9/eg/va/Clean%20Install%20Tool.exe)
- From the downloads click QuickBooksCleanInstallUtility.exe file
- After that click I Accept and select the QuickBooks version you are using
- Click on the Continue button and then select OK tab.
- First of all try to repair your QuickBooks files or folders
Visit here to read a complete guide on Reinstall QuickBooks by Using Clean Install for Windows
Also See: How to fix QuickBooks file doctor is not working error?
Solution 7: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
This tool is designed to automatically identify and fix installation errors. With the help of this tool you can resolve QuickBooks Error 1603, Error 1935, Error 1904, Error 1402, Errors relating to damaged Microsoft .NET Framework, Errors relating to damaged MSXML and C++, Problems opening QuickBooks Desktop, such as QuickBooks has Stopped working or Unrecoverable errors.
- Firstly Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool. (Note: You can download this toll from here: https://dlm2.download.intuit.com/akdlm/SBD/QuickBooks/QBPDF/QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe)
- After that open downloads folder and search the QB Install Diagnostic file
- Now double click on qb_install-tool.exe once you got it to run the file
- Once the process done, restart your system
Solution 8: Verify & Rebuild Data File (For Mac Users Only)
Now, let us discuss the update error with MacBook Pro. There is one resolution of MAC installation issues which is to verify and rebuild data file the system. However, if this does not solve the issue it is recommended to follow instruction listed below:
- Firstly Open your Macbook Pro
- After that go to the file -> select as utility -> verify your data. (If no problems get detected)
- Click on to the End & then Restart it
- Finally Restart your Macbook Pro
Solution 9: Install or Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup
- Sometimes it happens that any 3rd party applications, like anti-virus or anti-spyware applications may interrupt with the installation of QuickBooks Desktop. To prevent these apps from causing issues, just try to install or uninstall QuickBooks in Selective Startup.
See Also: Learn how to resolve printing issues in QuickBooks desktop
I hope you found this article helpful to resolve most common installation errors in QuickBooks desktop for Windows and Mac. If you are still getting an error when installing QuickBooks, you can contact our QuickBooks installation support team by dialing 1-844-405-0907. Our experts are always available to assist you in every possible manner.
Read more helpful articles
How to print 1099 and 1096 forms in QuickBooks?
Resolve QuickBooks error code C=43 like a Pro
Best Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error QBW32.exe
Some FAQs Related to QuickBooks Installation Errors
In such a scenario, you can check the system requirements mentioned on the QuickBooks website and ensure that your system meets them. If it still doesn’t work, you can contact QuickBooks support at +1-844-405-0907 for assistance.
If you receive this error message, it could mean that a previous installation of QuickBooks was not completely uninstalled. You can try uninstalling QuickBooks using the Add/Remove Programs feature in Windows, and then reinstall it. If you are unable to resolve the issue, you can contact QuickBooks support at +1-844-405-0907 for assistance.
This error message usually occurs due to issues with Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, or C++. You can try repairing or reinstalling the affected components and then reinstalling QuickBooks. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you can contact QuickBooks support for assistance.
This error message usually occurs due to issues with the Microsoft .NET Framework. You can try repairing or reinstalling the .NET Framework and then reinstalling QuickBooks. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you can contact QuickBooks support for assistance.
This error message usually occurs due to issues with Windows system files, such as damaged or missing files. You can try repairing your Windows system files and then reinstalling QuickBooks. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you can contact QuickBooks support for assistance.