In order to run the hardware or software of a system smoothly and seamlessly, it is necessary and a basic need of a system to have all the system requirements. The same is with QuickBooks and you should check for the system requirements before purchasing the QuickBooks version. However, These system requirements provide the relevant information that ensures that the operating system, hardware and software meet all the requirements of the versions of QuickBooks Desktop that you are using.
Intuit QuickBooks has been helping over 29 million businesses in the United States and thus, it is necessary for them to use with right configuration. QuickBooks Enterprise Solution 2019 is Now On Sale! You can contact us at +1-800-360-4183 and purchase QuickBooks software in discounted price (40% off).
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Install Error Code 1722?
System Requirements For QuickBooks For All Versions and Editions
Here are the system requirements to download and install the QuickBooks Pro, Premier & Enterprise Solutions 19.0.
- Microsoft Windows 8.1: Natively installed all Editions of Windows 8.1 including 64-bit (It means that it has been installed in a particular system)
- MS Windows 10: Installed in a particular system or environment that further has all the editions including 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2011 SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP 1: It also has natively installed all editions including 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- MS Windows Server 2016
- For Windows- Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2011 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise and Professional editions only), Windows Server 2016, Windows 8.1 (update 1), natively installed.
- Linux- When you use QBES Database Server and that too only for installation, then it should be: OpenSuse 42.2, Fodera 25, Red Hat 7 (Update 3)
- Browser Requirement: Internet Explorer 11 (32 bit)
- Sometimes, to make sure that QuickBooks gives good performance, it is important to adjust setting in these products.
- The systems in which Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks (RAID) will be running, QuickBooks will further work with those systems. But on a serious note, this is not recommended as this can lead to rise of performance issues and QuickBooks may operate slowly which will affect productivity.
Also Read: How to Print Form 1099 and 1096 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Hardware and Operating System Requirements
- Processor: 2.4 GHz minimum
- RAM: RAM of 4GB (minimum) and 8 GB is recommended
- RAM Requirements of the server
- 1-5 users: 8 GB RAM
- 10 Users: 12 GB RAM
- 15 users: 16 GB RAM
- 20 users: 20+ GB RAM
- 5 GB space (additional space for data files)
- Additional software, i.e. 60 MB for Microsoft .Net 4.6 Runtime, will be provided on QuickBooks CD
- Other requirements for Intuit Data Protect (it applies to US users only)
- Minimum 4 GB RAM required
- Either twice the size of the largest file is set to backup along 100 MB space or twice the size is required to restore. Also this space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData + “Intuit/Intuit Data Protect”.
- Note: One thing can surely speed up the performance and that is storing a large .QBW data file on an SSD
- If you are using US QuickBooks Software, then US version of Windows required.
- In case you are using Canadian QuickBooks Software, then Canadian version of Windows.
- Either the language has been set to English or Canada along with keyboard settings to US/CA, then the regional settings are supported very well.
- If the user is hosting multi-user access, then administrator rights are required for the server computer.
- The meaning of natively installed is that it has been already installed on a particular system and also does not need to run in a virtual environment.
In order to do the CD installations, 4X DVD-ROM drive is required.
- The display of the system screen is either optimized to 1280 * 1024 resolution or is higher with up to two extended monitors. Furthermore, This will help the user work comfortably on the system.
- It is also best used on a system when the setting has been on ‘Default DPI’.
There are no doubts in the fact that QuickBooks has the capability to integrate with the hundreds of third-party applications. Additional RAM is provided to the software in order to increase the use the features.
- Office 2016 both on 32 and 64-bit
- Office 2010 and Office 2013 and 365 both on 32 and 64-bit (It is important to note that Office 365 is only available when it is being installed locally)
- When a user has to export reports, in that case also, he needs to have Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013 or 2010 or Office 365.
- Microsoft Word 2016, 2013, 2010 or Office 365 is also required when it comes to preparing letters.
- Invoices, Email estimates and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2010-16, Microsoft Outlook with Office 365, Yahoo! Mail, Outlook.com, and also SMTP-supporting e-mail clients.
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2010 (32-bit)
- When a user synchronizes with Outlook, it requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook.
Note: Contact Sync does not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. Also, a duplicate record can occur if sync is performed.
- Applies to US only- QuickBooks Point of Sale V12.0, V11.0, V10.0
- TurboTax 2016 and 2015 (Both for personal and business purpose)
- Lacerate 2016 and 2015 (Applies to US Only)
- Lacerate 2016 and 2015 (for US only)
- Pro-Series tax years 2016 and 2015 (for US only)
- Quicken 2016, 2017, 2018
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 (for US only)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: It requires Business Planner, Payroll and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- Internet access is required with at least 56 kbps connection speed (however 1 Mbps recommended) for Payroll and other online features and services.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL
- Internet Explorer 11
Firewall and Antivirus Software compatibility
Same like other QuickBooks versions, QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2019 and Enterprise 19.0 have also been tested with the firewall and antivirus products:
- Microsoft Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- MS Windows 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
You may also like: How to Fix Banking Error 9995 in QuickBooks Online?
System Requirements for QuickBooks Enterprise 2017
Operating System Supported:
- Windows 10 (64 bit)
- Windows Server 2012 R-2
- Windows Server 2011 R2
- Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
- Windows 7 Service pack-1 (64 bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 7 SP1
- Linux is required when using QBES Database Server-only installation.
Hardware and Operating System Requirements:
- Minimum 2.4 GHz processor
- Minimum 4GB RAM required ( 8GB RAM Recommended)
System Requirements for QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS):
- 4GB RAM for single workstation and 8GB RAM for multi-user
- 1Gb disk space
- 4 GHz processor for single users and 2.8 GHz for multi-users
- Multi-core processor for multi-user implementations.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H505?
System Requirements for QuickBooks for MAC:
QuickBooks for Mac 2019 (US Only)
Minimum System Requirements:
- MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) ad should be supported by macOS 10.13 and macOS 10.14
- 2GB RAM ( 4GB Recommended)
- Product registration
- Also, 250 MB disk space should be available
- CD/DVD Drive for download installation
- Moreover, you need printer to print invoices, checks, etc.
- Furthermore, use intuit checks
- Intel processor (Core Duo 2 or higher) is required
- Apple Numbers v3.5; Microsoft Excel 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365 are required to export data
- Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook 2016 or later, including Mac office 365, almost all support to Email is required for Emails
- Intuit Merchant Services for QB for Mac is required in order to accept debit and credit cards.
- Integrating Processing Payroll: Requires a paid subscription, EIN and Internet access for QuickBooks for Mac.
- Adobe reader and printer must require to print checks and forms in QB payroll for Mac because of its basic needs of the system. (Additional fees apply)
- Top pay may differ from those of QB. even more, details visit the website at www.macpayroll.com
- QBD for Mac 2019 supports a one-way conversion in QuickBooks online and supports the same from QBD for windows 2016 to 2018
- Supports Round-Tripping with QuickBooks for Windows 2019 because round-tripping is a better option to send their data file to their Accountant.
Also Read: How to Troubleshooting Basic with QuickBooks for Mac?
System Requirements for the Older Versions of Mac:
- MacOS 10.10.2 and MacOS 10.11 are required for QuickBooks for Mac 2016 R5 or earlier.
- MacOS 10.11 and MacOS 10.12 are required for Mac 2016 R6 and later
- At least 2GB RAM and 4GB is a must
- 250MB disk space
- Intel Core 2 Duo or higher should be the Mac processor.
- If you wish to print checks, then use intuit checks.
- Product registration is basic requirement.
- A 100% Macintosh-compatible printer if print of invoices, checks, purchase orders, reports and graphs are a must.
Integration/Compatibility Requirements of QuickBooks software:
- Apple Mail, Outlook 2011 for Mac or Microsoft Entourage 2018 are required for e-mail.
- Internet connectivity is required for QuickBooks Payroll for Mac in addition to that Adobe Reader is required to print checks and forms.
- Apple Numbers ’09, Microsoft Excel 2008 or 2011 are required to export report information.
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 supports one-side conversion from QB for Windows OS 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2016.
- Intuit Merchant Service further needs to accept credit and debit cards directly into QB 2016 for Mac.
- If QB is integrated with Mac, then a paid subscription, internet access and EIN are required to process payroll.
System Requirements for QuickBooks App:
- 4 GB RAM
- 4 GHz
- SIMD Extensions 2 (Also Support for Streaming)
- Minimum internet speed 512 Kbps
- Recommended speed- 1 MBPS
- Or as suggested by QuickBooks Online
MACHINE TYPES SUPPORTED:
SUPPORTED QUICKBOOKS SYSTEM:
For Windows: Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1
For Mac: Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks), and Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite).
- 1280*800 screen resolution or higher than that
- Between 1200*800 and 1600*900
- Between 1600*1200 and 1920*1200
- Between 1920*1440 and 2560*1440
- Up to 200% DPI
- Extended monitor support
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Enterprise Advanced Inventory?
The blog will be quite useful for you to find the exact system requirements required QuickBooks Accounting Software (Pro, Premier & Enterprise Solutions). However, if you wish to seek more help or guidance, connect with our QuickBooks experts at toll-free number +1-800-360-4183. Our certified professionals and also QuickBooks ProAdvisors will ensure to provide you with the best possible support and assistance.
FAQs Related to Setup System Requirements for QuickBooks Accounting Software
How much RAM is needed for QuickBooks?
For QuickBooks Desktop 2022, the minimum requirements are: Windows 10 (64 bit), 2.4 GHz processes, and also 8 GB RAM.
What is the current version of QuickBooks?
The latest release for QuickBooks Desktop: QuickBooks 2023 R6_17, also new release is around the corner.
Can I install QuickBooks to desktop?
You can install QuickBooks using the steps below:
1. At first, go to settings ⚙.
2. After that, choose get the desktop app.
3. Once done with that, you might see the app install automatically.
4. In case not, then QuickBooks will prompt you to save the .exe file.
Can QuickBooks be installed on 2 computers?
Many people use QuickBooks with a single license. However, it allows you to access QuickBooks on multiple computers.
What’s New and Improved Features of QuickBooks Desktop Edition 2019
QuickBooks Desktop 2019: Advanced & Enhanced Functionality
Steps to Print Form 1099 and 1096 in QuickBooks Desktop
We all know that due to some reason Intuit Inc. stopped launching the new updates of QuickBooks for Mac. The last updated QuickBooks for Mac version was QuickBooks Mac 2016. You must be wondering why..! Why Intuit Inc. stopped the updates of QuickBooks for Mac 2019?? Well, the only reason behind this was – QuickBooks Mac 2016 wasn’t much compatible to run over all kind of operating system.
Many QuickBooks for Mac 2016 version users were facing issues in operating it over their system. Therefore, Intuit Inc. especially about to launch the newly released QuickBooks for Mac 2019 updated version. The QuickBooks Mac 2016 users can update the QuickBooks to the latest released QuickBooks Mac 2019 version in spite of purchasing the whole new QuickBooks Mac 2019 software. To make this QuickBooks for Mac 2019 version compatible with the users, Intuit Inc. provided the minimum system requirement guideline for the US citizens. Make sure to read this article till the end, to learn the basic system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2019. However, in case you have any queries, or if you require our assistance at any point in time, then in that case connect with us at +1-800-360-4183, and we will provide you with instant support and guidance.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H505?
QuickBooks for Mac 2019 (for the US only)
System requirements QuickBooks for Mac 2019 are following
Minimum System Requirements
- At least Mac operating system 10.12 (Sierra); supported by Mac operating system 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac operating system 10.14 (Mojave)
- Core 2 Duo or higher Intel processor
- Multi-user server
- At least 2 GB RAM, 4 GB RAM recommended
- At least 250 MB free or available disk space
- For the QB downloaded installation, a CD/DVD drive with a proper internet connection is mandatory.
- Printer: In case, you are planning to print graphs, reports, purchase order, deposit slips invoices, mailing labels, lists, or checks. Make sure that the printer is 100% compatible with the Macintosh
- Checks: In case, you want to print the checks – Use the Intuit Checks. It does not support the Canadian image ready checks.
- It also requires the product registration.
- Export Report Data: The Export Report Data requires the Apple Number v3.5; Microsoft Excel 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365.
- Email: The Email requires the Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook 2016 or later, including Mac office 365, almost all support to Email.
- Accepts Credit & Debit Cards: it requires the Intuit Merchant Services for QuickBooks Mac.
- QuickBooks Payroll for Mac: QuickBooks Mac integrated with the payroll processing requires a paid subscription, EIN, & Internet access. The QuickBooks 2019 for Mac works swiftly with the QuickBooks Payroll for Mac.
- QuickBooks Payroll for Mac requires Internet connection & Adobe Reader to print the checks and forms.
- System requirements for the QuickBooks Payroll for Mac & Matrix
- Top pay may differ from those of QB. even more, details visit the website at www.macpayroll.com and www.matrix.com
- QBD for Mac 2019 helps a one-way conversion in QuickBooks online because one-way conversion is secure.
- It also helps one-way conversion from QBD for windows 2016-2018.
- Helps Round-Tripping with QB for Windows 2019 because round-tripping is a better option to send the data file to the Accountant.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Enterprise Advanced Inventory?
System Requirements for QuickBooks for Mac Older Versions
Read the QuickBooks system requirement for mac earlier versions:
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 R5 or earlier- MacOS 10.10.2 (Yosemite), MacOS 10.11 (EI Caption).
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 R6 and later- MacOS 10.11(EL Caption), and MacOS 10.12(Sierra).
- Mac processor should be Intel Core 2 Duo or higher.
- For Multi-user server, your Mac processor should be Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run a server.
- Mac Ram should be 2GB RAM(4 GB RAM recommended).
- 250MB of disk space should be available on Mac.
- For Printer: 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, if you plan to print invoices, checks, deposit slips, purchase orders, mailing labels, reports or graphs.
- For Checks: use intuit checks if you intended to print checks. Canadian Image prepared cheques are not supported.
- Product registration required.
Also Read: How to Troubleshooting Basic with QuickBooks for Mac?
We hope that this article provided you the right information. It might be possible that you encounter any problem related to QuickBooks for Mac 2019 or require any information related to it. In such case, we recommend you contact the QuickBooks Support for Mac. For an urgent QuickBooks for Mac 2019 information, you can get in touch with the QuickBooks Support & Help team on their toll-free helpline number .i.e. +1-800-360-4183.
FAQs Related to System requirements for QuickBooks for Mac 2019
What are the minimum system requirements for QuickBooks 2019?
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
Windows 10 (64 bit), or Windows 11, update/version supported by Microsoft. …
Server: Windows Server 2012 (or R2), 2016, 2019, or 2022 (Regular or Small Business Server)
2.4 GHz processor.
Client RAM: 8 GB RAM; 16 GB recommended.
Can QuickBooks run on a Mac?
QuickBooks online works on your PC, Mac, tablets and phones. You can also purchase QuickBooks desktop for Mac.
Is QuickBooks free for Mac?
QuickBooks Mac Plus 2023 is available on an annual subscription that costs $549 for a user, $749 for two users, and $949 for three users. All plans include unlimited customer support and you cannot purchase QuickBooks for mac directly from the Intuit website.
Is QuickBooks Pro available for Mac?
QuickBooks is compatible with Mac: OS X “El Capitan” 10.11 or newer.
Other popular topics you might like
What’s New and Improved Features QuickBooks Desktop Edition 2019
How to Fix Banking Error 9995 in QuickBooks Online?
QuickBooks Desktop 2019: Advanced & Enhanced Functionality
Get Support and Help for QuickBooks For Mac User
QuickBooks is world’s leading accounting software that consists of a wide range of features and services for small and medium-sized business owners. The software is created taking into consideration the financial aspects of industries of all sorts and sizes.
There are different editions of this versatile software namely QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Professional, QuickBooks Enterprise, and QuickBooks Online. Business owners can take the QuickBooks edition suitable for their business requirements. However, QuickBooks application supports Mac OS. Thousands of business owners who use Mac systems to manage their business have been benefited with QuickBooks Mac. Go through this segment to understand further about QuickBooks for Mac. However, in case you need our assistance at any point in time, feel free to give us a call at +1-800-360-4183, and we will provide you with immediate support services.
Also Read: How to Install and Set up QuickBooks Mac Desktop?
What is QuickBooks for Mac?
QuickBooks Mac edition is developed by Intuit dedicatedly for Mac users. It is available in three different editions that are QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Enterprise, and QuickBooks Premier. QuickBooks Pro and Enterprise for Mac and very much similar to the same editions for Windows, however, the system requirements for both the operating systems are different.
QuickBooks Desktop Mac Feature
Intuit QuickBooks Mac consists of various rich features that help Mac users to meet their business goals.
- Payroll and tax management.
- Easy access to company finances, sales, and taxes.
- Consolidated view of your company.
- Customizable centres for quick access to vendor and customer details.
- Direct prints on envelopes.
- Time-saving batch-importing invoices, bills, payments and more.
- Ability to export the entire data to Excel.
- Reconciliation of QuickBooks data and bank and card statements.
- All the details in regards to products, customer, and service can be imported in just a few clicks.
- In addition, create and print deposit slips with ease.
- Enable invoicing for multiple customers.
- Simplifies creating purchase orders, tracks inventory and setting order prints.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Mac Error Troubleshooting & Help?
QuickBooks for Mac User: Most Common Errors
Mac users with the help of the exclusive features of QuickBooks Mac can manage multiple accounting, bookkeeping and other tasks with ease. The Mac version of QuickBooks also consists of advanced accounting features and is programmed to defend itself against a selection of threats and issues.
However, all the QuickBooks Mac editions are highly innovative, they sometimes receive some errors that may interrupt the work and cause serious issue if not fixed immediately.
QuickBooks for Mac Related Errors & Issues
Here we have listed some equally important errors that QuickBooks for Mac user have reported:
One should be very careful while installing QuickBooks on Mac OS. If the installations process isn’t completed appropriately, it may further cause serious issues and may result in damaged company file, obstacles in accessing company file or QB software, QuickBooks being stuck or frozen, etc.
Mac users at times face issues while upgrading to the latest version of QuickBooks. The Access may be restricted to the software or company file. The problem is caused because the system requirements for the latest version may be different.
If QuickBooks is not installed appropriately or it is not upgraded systematically, it may further restrict you to access a few vital features of the accounting software.
Read Also: Resolve Common QuickBooks Installation Errors for Windows and Mac
How to Fix QuickBooks Mac Errors?
Solutions to Some of the Most Common Errors
If you receive any error while using QuickBooks on your Mac or while installing or upgrading it, report immediately to the support team of QuickBooks Errors. QB Support team is equipped with innovative tools and technology to fix errors occurring on QuickBooks for Mac user as soon as possible and before the pose any serious threat.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6129, 0?
The support team mostly offers first call resolution and also educates you on secure ways of using the software and assist you to make most of it. The QuickBooks Support team can be accessed on toll-free customer support number +1-800-360-4183.
FAQs Related to QuickBooks For Mac
Where can I download the NEW QuickBooks Online App for Mac?
Intuit has stopped updating QuickBooks online app for Mac after April 20, 2021. You can still use the app as long your browser supports it. However, even if the QuickBooks online mac app continues to work, it is suggested to switch to web browser.
Is there a QuickBooks Tool hub for Mac computers?
Well, QuickBooks tool hub isn’t available on MAC. Moreover, you can fix issues related to the company file by using the verify and rebuild utility.
Can QuickBooks be used on a Mac?
Yes QuickBooks Desktop is available for Mac. And you can also take QuickBooks online subscription to access it on MAC.
Is QuickBooks same on Mac as Windows?
Well, QuickBooks for Mac has fewer features than the windows version. Furthermore, a majority of CPAs and bookkeepers do not support QuickBooks for MAC
You may find these article helpful
How to Resolve Multi-User issues in QuickBooks Mac?
How to Troubleshooting Basic with QuickBooks for Mac?
Fix Most Technical Errors in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
Get the east steps to Upgrade/Convert your QuickBooks for Mac company files to a newer version
Upgrading or converting your QuickBooks for Mac company files to some new version occasionally is highly essential. Despite the unique benefits and features, an upgrade QuickBooks for mac company files can make sure a flawless and uncomplicated procedure for your organization. Upgrading your QuickBooks company file is a simple task, and this article is created to inform you of some basic things before you start upgrading your QuickBooks.
In this article today we are going to explain you that how to Upgrade/Convert QuickBooks for Mac company files to a new version. However, you can take expert advice from the QuickBooks Support team. You can further give us a call at ++1-800-360-4183, and we will provide you with instant support and assistance.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Banking Error Code 105?
Things to know before you start upgrading QuickBooks company file
- Make sure that you have your new version of QuickBooks Mac Desktop software installed before you begin upgrading your company file to enable it to work with the latest version.
- In case you are the solitary user in your company file, then you are automatically an administrator. Else, you are required to sign in and continue with the upgrade.
Important: Please note that in case you are not an administrator and trying to update your QB company file, you will find the message, “The Company file needs to be updated. You can ask your QuickBooks administrator to update file”. Thus you are required to switch to Admin the user and then retry.
- Save QuickBooks Mac Desktop company file locally on the system you are accessing it from.
- It is not suggested to upgrade the file while saved on the network or a mapped drive as this can cause the conversion to be unstable and may risk the file of getting damaged.
- Once you are done with the conversion of the file to the newer version, the older version of the QuickBooks will not be opened.
Nevertheless, the QuickBooks Mac Desktop automatically creates backup of your data file before upgrading it. If in case you are required to use the older version of this you can restore the backup with the old version of QuickBooks Mac Desktop.
If the conversion procedure gets interrupted, you can easily restore the backup with the new version of QuickBooks Mac desktop start upgrade again.
Read Also: What are the System Requirement for QuickBooks for Mac 2019?
How to Ensure a flawless Upgrade of your QuickBooks Mac File?
Below are some of the hacks which make sure of having a flawless upgrade from the last version of QuickBooks desktop to the new version:
- Rebuild your data and verify the same.
- If the verification is not successful, make use of the QuickBooks log file to locate and resolve the errors.
- After the upgrade is over, run data utility to make sure that the converted data file is in the perfect shape.
Repeat step 2 if this fails.
Prepare Mac Company file for upgrade
- See if there are any special characters in the company file name and change the name of the file if they are found.
- Now, run the ‘custom transaction detail report‘ and enable memo column in that report and then change the date range to all.
- Check for any memos which contain more than ‘50 characters‘ or any special characters.
- If found, make sure to ‘edit‘ these transactions and shorten the memo or eliminate special characters.
- Now run the ‘rebuild utility‘ and backup the data file when prompted and make sure not to overwrite any existing backups.
- Close QuickBooks accounting software.
Related Article: QuickBooks desktop 2023 – Pricing, Features and Download
Steps to upgrade Your QuickBooks Mac Company file
- First of all ensure that you are logged out of your company file.
- Launch a newer version of QuickBooks Mac Desktop.
- Select ‘File‘ and then ‘Open or restore company‘.
- You need to login as a company admin.
- Now browse your data file, choose your company file and then tap to ‘open‘ that.
- Now read the information on upgrade dialog. Select ‘upgrade to continue‘.
- Log into the company file as an ‘Administrator‘.
- Choose ‘OK‘ on following dialog that states the file has been upgraded.
- Once the file gets upgrade:
- Make sure to store the backup in a safe location until you are certain that will not need it again.
- In case you copied the data file from any other system to upgrade it, copy it again.
- In case you are unable to find your data file in its original location and if it is not in the particular folder, search your hard drive for .QBW and you will be able to find all the QuickBooks company files.
You may also like: Ways to Connect your QuickBooks with PayPal Online
We hope you shall be able to upgrade/convert your QB accounting software for Mac Company file to a newer version after reading this blog post. However, in case you face any issue or need assistance with your QuickBooks, you can reach us at ++1-800-360-4183. Our QuickBooks for Mac technical support team is readily available 24/7 to help you out in best possible manner.
FAQs Related to Upgrading QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
How do I update QuickBooks on my Mac desktop?
You need to perform the below set of steps update and install the QuickBooks desktop for Mac:
1. You need to choose check for QuickBooks updates from QuickBooks dropdown menu
2. After that, go for install update, if the newer version is available.
3. The next step is to click on install and relaunch options when asked to.
How much is QuickBooks for Mac upgrade?
You can purchase a desktop version with an annual licensing fee of $349.99 per year or get the online cloud version for $15 per month for the first three months, then
Is there a QuickBooks desktop 2023 for Mac?
QuickBooks Mac Plus 2023 is available on an annual subscription that costs $549 for one user. There are other plans as well for more users, and all the plans include unlimited customer support.
Read more articles from here:
How to Install and Setup QuickBooks Mac Desktop?
How to Disable Merchant Services in QuickBooks MAC?
QuickBooks for Mac error troubleshooting & help
Easy Steps for QuickBooks Mac Error Troubleshooting
Over the past few years, QuickBooks is considered the most reliable accounting software available in the market today. Owing to its growing popularity, QuickBooks launched many versions of the software suitable for different operating system. Even though it is the best accounting software, users do face certain technical problems.
Mac QuickBooks users often face problems when they try to create a backup of their company for when adding a multi-user environment to the software. So, in this article we will discuss about the issues and also the troubleshooting steps to resolve the error. However, if you are seeking for any sort of professional guidance, feel free to connect with our technical team at +1-800-360-4183, and we will provide you with immediate support services.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1317?
QuickBooks Mac Error While Creating a Backup
This technical issue arises while creating a backup of a company file in QuickBooks for Mac 2013 and 2014 versions. So here are few steps that can help in rebuilding the data and also solve the issue.
- First open QuickBooks in Mac and then click on File and Utility tab.
- Then select Verify Data. In case the verified data detects the error then tap on Hard Drive -Users-Library -Logs-QuickBooks.Log
The QuickBooks.log too diagnoses the error then the best solution would be to seek assistance from 24X7 QuickBooks Support team to handle this glitch. However, you can also manually fix the error by rebuilding utility.
Rebuilding Data Utility
- First you have to click on the File Menu and Utilities
- Then search and find the Rebuild Data and then click on it. After the completion of rebuild data click on Verify utility in order to detect the error.
If both do not work then there will be some other error in the system. Get help from the technical support to eliminate the issues successfully. Or else you can click on Rebuild Utility many times before you get the ‘No Error’ message appears on the Verify Utility page.
So, after rebuilding utility multiple times you will be able to verify data and create the required backup without any hassle. But if still the problem persists then you have to ask for help from technical experts.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000?
Troubleshooting Steps for Multi-User Issues in QuickBooks for Mac
When files are being shared between multiple users then at times a multi-user environment in QuickBooks do face some errors. So, below are few steps mentioned for fixing such errors.
Check if QuickBooks server is running and the company file is on Sharing Mode:
- In order to check if QuickBooks server is running click on ‘Go and Applications‘
- After this double-click on the ‘app‘
- Now check if the file is shared or not. In case the file is not then you have to click on ‘Start Sharing‘.
- And if the file is in no way listed then click on ‘Select‘ and Click ‘+‘ so as to add the file for sharing
Ensure that the company file is present in the computer which has QuickBooks installed as a Host.
- In order to check the ‘Firewall settings‘ in Mac you have to click on the ‘Apple menu‘ and then click on the ‘system performance’.
- Go to ‘Security & Privacy‘ and ‘Firewall‘
- Now select ‘Firewall options‘ and Unlock it, if not already.
- You have to check if the QuickBooks server app shows ‘Allow Incoming Connections’
- Click on it to ‘allow the connections‘.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Install Error Code 1722?
- Click on Apple and ‘System Preferences‘ and check if the sharing permissions are correct.
- Now click on ‘Sharing and File Sharing‘
- After this adds the folder which has the company file by clicking on the shared Folder and also on ‘+‘ under the shared column and ‘Add‘.
- Do not forget to click on ‘Read and Write‘ for everyone which is located under the user’s column permission settings
- In order to check if the ‘network configurations‘ are correct you have to Unplug the ‘Ethernet cable or the port’
- Restart your system
- After this open your QuickBooks software and now try enabling the multi-user mode.
- Click on ‘File‘ – New Finder Window so as to check if the ‘Bonjour service‘ is working in all shared computers
- After this you have to check if all the computers that are shared and also within the network can be seen in the shared only computer. The computers will get attach to a multi-user network and are accessible to all files.
- Now you have to check the port- ‘56565 TCP, 5297 TCP, 5298 TCP/UDP, 5353 UDP‘ is open.
See also: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152?
If the QuickBooks Mac error doesn’t get resolved even after following the above mentioned steps then you have to call the QuickBooks Mac Support team by dialing +1-800-360-4183. As they are experienced and well-trained they will come up with a solution within a very short span of time. The best part is that they will also provide tips to avoid errors in the near future.
FAQs Related to QuickBooks for Mac
Is QuickBooks different on a Mac?
The functionalities of QuickBooks on Mac is different. It has slightly less functionalities in comparison with QuickBooks for windows.
Can you transfer QuickBooks to Mac?
1. You need to open the file as admin
2. After that, move to the file menu, and then choose the utilities tab.
3. Now, choose copy company file for QuickBooks Mac, and perform the onscreen instructions.
Can you have multiple companies in QuickBooks for Mac?
Well, you can have multiple companies under the same QuickBooks online account. Each company file is its own subscription you need to pay for, but you access them with the same sign-in credentials.
Read more articles from here
How to Install and Set up QuickBooks Mac Desktop?
Upgrade or Convert your Company File to a Newer Version in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2019 is Coming Soon – What’s Next