Learn how to have QuickBooks remote access from home and your office:
Interested in accessing QuickBooks accounting software remotely? Well, QuickBooks lets its users remotely access the software and perform necessary accounting activities at a click. QuickBooks remote access lets you work in QuickBooks from a different computer than your server. However, before you can access QuickBooks desktop remotely, you need to map server or host computer as a network drive. And further set up computers that will access the files for multi-user mode and then set up the folder where the company file is stored.
To help you easily access QuickBooks desktop remotely, we have curated this piece of writing sharing the complete information. Note that, in case you have an issue when mapping the drive when you use UNC, try to use the IP address of the server. Moreover, if there is any query or if the user requires our assistance at any point, then contacting our team at QuickBooks enterprise solutions help number i.e. +1-800-360-4183, is suggested.
You may also read: How to activate the QuickBooks desktop?
What is QuickBooks Remote Access?
QuickBooks Remote Access is one of the safest and most secure servers with the help of which the users can access the system from any other computer with an Internet connection. QuickBooks Remote makes it easy for the users to access QuickBooks, email, and other programs & documents regardless of place and time. It also allows the users to transport a file or folder between machines. Without any difficulty, QuickBooks remotely allows you to print the documents from a remote computer to a local printer. This simply means that you log in to QuickBooks remotely without being closely present on the system on which it is installed.
Advantages of QuickBooks Desktop Remote Access
With the help of WebEx tool that supports online meetings & communication services, the user can easily and swiftly access the QuickBooks software from anywhere, at any time.
- The user can import/export a QB file or a whole folder from one system to another and vice versa
- Also, this software saves the traveling time and office infrastructure cost for accounting purpose
- Another benefit that it offers is that Copy & Paste among remote machine and local PC’s is possible
- It is possible for the users to effortlessly and smoothly print, from the remote system to a local printer
- Client or managers can without any hassle track or trace the activities or actions of the accountants
- Lastly, one of the basic purposes served by this accounting software is that multiple users can work together on the same QuickBooks file
QuickBooks Remote Access Cost
The user will have to pay for the QuickBooks Remote Access software. As it is not free, it is accessible in two different versions.
- Full Desktop Access ($99.75/month)
- QuickBooks Access ($77.95/month)
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 193?
Intuit Support Remote Access Options
Hosting QuickBooks Desktop on Cloud: The very first option is hosting QuickBooks desktop on cloud, as Authorized hosting of QuickBooks desktop software on any third-party servers is now permitted by Intuit. The authenticated users can access QuickBooks installed on the server of hosting providers from anywhere via Internet.
Using QuickBooks remote access tool: This option is suggested by the experts as this tool can easily connect to the remote system that has the QuickBooks accounting software installed in it. The basic tasks such as copying files from local to remote and vice versa, printing files using local printers, accessing QuickBooks data folders and files remotely, etc. can be smoothly performed by this tool.
Switching to QuickBooks Online: The third and the last option that the users have is to Convert to QuickBooks online (QBO) from QuickBooks desktop. For the ones who don’t know what is QuickBooks online, it is basically a solution from Intuit working entirely on cloud and increasing efficiency of the software. The user can access QuickBooks from any device that has an internet connection.
Read Also: How to Recover QuickBooks password?
Easy Steps to Access the QuickBooks Desktop Remotely
- First of all, the user should visit the Intuit Inc. official website and then sign up for the QuickBooks Remote Access
- After that Log-in the account credentials such as registered mail ID, password, etc. on the QuickBooks Remote Access website. It should be noted that before login, the user should launch the Web browser on the system through which he/she needs to access the QuickBooks software remotely
- Once done with that, download the remote access tool installation file, followed by tapping the “Setup computer” icon
- Now, in the “Nickname” field, the user has to type in the System nickname, and then tap on to the “Next” icon
- Moving ahead, the user is supposed to tick the checkbox next to the options to initiate each time a remote session is logged in. The options include: “Automatically reduce screen resolution to match”, “Use full-screen view by default”, “Disable this computer’s keyboard and mouse” and “Make this computer’s screen blank”
- Jumping on to the next step, the user is supposed to tick the checkbox next to the applications, in order to attain access remotely on this system
- Click the “Next” button
- Coming to the end of the process, the user needs to tick mark the box for the authentication option to use. In that case the user can enter a passcode or can also use a phone number. When he/she accesses QuickBooks desktop remotely, the passcode option permits to enter the passcode on the login page. The phone number option needs that the tools call the user, and then prompt for accessing the code each time.
- The final step is to hit “Finish” button
You might see also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 9997?
Alternate Way for Remote Accessing QuickBooks
- In this process, the very first step is to launch the Web browser on the system. After that log in to the account via the QuickBooks Remote Access website.
- The user is then required to check out the box that was used earlier to define the system nickname. After that hit the “Connect” icon.
- The user is required to authorize the desktop by using the password or by means of phone authentication. In case the remote tool calls the user and prompts for passcode. Then the user is supposed to enter the passcode on the phone.
- To end the process, hit the “Remote Access” drop-down menu, followed by opting for “End QuickBooks Remote Access Session”.
With this we come to the conclusion of this post, and we expect that information that we have tried to convey with the help of this article might help the user in accessing QuickBooks desktop remotely. If in case you have any queries or are facing any kind of difficulties – you can contact our QuickBooks certified experts and technicians at our toll-free helpline number i.e. +1-800-360-4183.
Our QuickBooks ProAdvisors will look forward to your concern and provide you with a feasible solution for all your accounting problems. Thus, do not hesitate in talking to our technical support team.
Frequently Asked Questions!
Yes, the remote access feature is still available for users. One can make use of QuickBooks remotely regardless of the location.
The remote access feature allows the user to gain access to their devices over network from any place. The user can also perform different activities, manage company files and also perform all the usual accounting tasks.
The major perks of using this feature of QuickBooks are:
1. QuickBooks should be installed on the remote system
2. The user is required to set up hosting service and mapping the network drive
3. You should have seamless internet connectivity
One can perform the below stated steps to map a network drive:
1. The very first step is to click on windows tab
2. Now, move to my computer
3. Also, click on the computer tab and also select the option to map a network drive
4. The last step is to opt for a drive letter that is unused.
5. Also, click on browse
You’ll also like