QuickBooks is robust accounting & bookkeeping software that comprises of a wide variety of features which help business owner and accountants in completing many necessary business-related activities such as making payments, creating and sending invoices for future payments, and recording financial transactions etc. One of the basic pitfalls of QuickBooks is that it is prone to certain errors. In this piece of writing, we are going to discuss about the QuickBooks error code 9997. To learn further, continue reading this segment carefully.
You can also connect with our tech support team for any further technical assistance. Give us a call at +1-800-360-4183, and our team will provide you with immediate technical support services.
What is QuickBooks error 9997 and why it occurs?
When QuickBooks Error code 9997 appears, QuickBooks Online fails to connect with your bank to display the latest transactions. It is a common scripting error and can sometimes be fixed by just clearing cache and cookies from the internet browsing history. This error code can also be fixed by updating bank feeds manually, by clicking on the Update while logging-in using a Private or Incognito window in your preferred browser. It can further be eliminated by deleing the browser cache and removing any temporary files. You can continue reading this piece for further information related to this error.
What triggers QuickBooks error code 9997?
There are a bunch of factors triggering such an error, which we have tried to elaborate below. Let us have a look:
- Poor internet connectivity or frequent disruptions in the internet connection can trigger such an error.
- Another possible trigger can be accumulation of excessive junk and temporary files.
- One might come across similar issue if the software might be unable to get access to the financial institution.
- Any sort of virus intrusion in the computer system can trigger this issue.
Signs of QuickBooks error code 9997
QuickBooks users can identify such an error using the below signs of QuickBooks error code 9997:
- One of basic signs can be the error warning message itself
- Another symptom can be if the user is unable to access the transactions via QuickBooks online
- The system responds extremely slowly than its normal speed
- Repeated freezing and crashing of QuickBooks software
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 9997?
Perform the following troubleshooting steps to resolve the QuickBooks Error 9997:
Solution 1: Using Incognito tab to access QuickBooks online
- Open “Incognito” tab or “In Private” browsing window to log-in to QuickBooks Online
- Next, click the “Banking” icon
- Tap the “Edit Pencil”
- Click the “Edit sign-in info” icon
- Re-enter the banking details
- Refresh the connection by clicking the “Save” & “Update” tab
- Click the “Review” tab
Solution 2: Uninstall QuickBooks
- The first step to fix this error is to ensure if the Windows OS in your system is updated or not! If all the components are not updated, then this arrangement can cause QuickBooks issues
- Remove the system security software (if you installed any security software recently)
- Turn the firewall “OFF” if it’s “ON”
- When the troubleshooting process is in progress, ensure that multiple applications are not running
- In case, the application was working previously with the security, check if the security is updated
- Remove all the recently installed programs from “Programs” > “Uninstall a Program”
Solution 3: Change QB file extension
- If the error message is associated with file extension of QuickBooks Company file, then change the QB file extension and save as the company file and see if that fixes the issue
- Check if you are able to open the QuickBooks Company Files on other systems
- If the company file is not updated, then Re-install the QuickBooks software
- Save the “QuickBooks for Macintosh” in Mac and not the Windows Operating System or vice versa
- Before opening the QuickBooks Company file, run an updated antivirus update
Solution 4: Restore company file
- Open QuickBooks
- After that select and open the QuickBooks file
- After that click on the “Open or Restore Company” tab
- Choose the “Restore a backup copy” icon and then hit on the “Next” button
- Select the “Local Backup” icon & then hit onto the “Next” button
- In the drop-down menu, choose the location of Company file backup
- Choose the backup file in the .qbb extension
- Tap the “Open” tab followed by the “Next” button
- In the drop-down menu, go to the “Save-in” option and then browse your preferred location to restore the Backup QuickBooks file.
- In the “File-name” field, type the new Company File name and ensure the “Save as” filed automatically saves the restored file in .qbw format.
- Click “Yes”
- To confirm the overwrite process, Type the “YES” and hit the “Enter” button
Solution 5: Configure Transaction log file
- Use the current Transaction Log file to recreate the lost transactions and the copy of the QuickBooks Company File.
- With the help of the QuickBooks Company file and Transaction Log File, Recreate the complete data except for the last few hours of transactions.
Solution 6: Check System for viruses
It is important to check the system for any viruses within the system and remove at the earliest. You can re-access your file after you have removed the viruses to check if the error is fixed or not.
Solution 7: Clear cache and delete any temporary files
- Under this process, you need to launch your internet browser.
- And then, head to the more tools and select clear browsing data
- After that, place checkmarks beside browsing history, cookies, and other site data and cached images and files.
- Click on the clear data
- After that, clean the temporary files
- Click on Win + R to show up in the run window
- Type %temp% and click on enter tab
- The folder having the files will show up here.
- Click on Ctrl + A and click on delete tab.
We hope that the above-mentioned solutions offer you enough details about the QuickBooks Error Code 9997. However, if you still have any queries or looking for help with a QuickBooks error – please contact the certified QuickBooks Payroll Support team by dialing 24*7 toll-free helpline number i.e. +1-800-360-4183.
Frequently Asked Questions!
Error codes or notifications happen when the QuickBooks data is damaged or the company file can’t be read correctly by QuickBooks. To fix these errors, you can start by installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub and fix the file from there.
QuickBooks error 80070057 usually occurs when a user tries to open a company file without the appropriate permissions. It can also be seen when there is an issue with the file path. To resolve this issue, ensure you have the correct permissions, update QuickBooks to the latest version, and check the file path for any discrepancies.
When QuickBooks Error code 9997 appears, QuickBooks Online fails to connect with your bank to display the latest transactions. It is a common scripting error and can sometimes be fixed by just clearing cache and cookies from the internet browsing history.
Similar posts you may like: