Identify the methods to fix QuickBooks Error: Could not connect to the email server
At times, unlike always when you enter your email password, you might get a warning message i.e., Couldn’t Connect to Email Server: We were unable to connect to the email server for your email provider. or QuickBooks was unable to send your form for the following reason: QuickBooks was unable to connect to the remote server but could not understand the server’s response. Please try again to see if the problem has been correct on the server. You can often experience this issue with the Yahoo email address. To help you out in eliminating this particular issue in QuickBooks, we have designed this piece of writing sharing the complete information related to fixing the error that could not connect to the email server.
|Warning||Couldn’t Connect to Email Server We were unable to connect to the email server for your email provider|
|OR||QuickBooks was unable to send your form for the following reason:|
QuickBooks was able to connect to the remote server but could not understand the server’s response. Please try again to see if the problem has been corrected on the server.
What triggers QuickBooks could not connect to email server?
The following factors can trigger such an error in QuickBooks. Let us have a look:
- One of the basic reasons can be poor internet connection or you are not connected to the internet.
- In case the email server settings are not properly configured.
- Another reason can be using incorrect ID or password when trying to log in to the email.
- Using outdated version of the QuickBooks desktop.
- In case the internet explorer settings are not configured, then this would hinder the internet connection with email server.
- Moreover, if you are not having enough admin rights on windows
Fixation methods for Error: Could not connect to the email server
Talking about the solutions to the error, more than one solutions are recommended. Let us have a look at the solutions one by one.
#Step 1: Update to the latest release
Update your QuickBooks desktop to latest release version:
- The first step is to visit the ‘Update to the Latest release page‘.
- The next step is to ensure the product is selected. In case it is not, visit the ‘Change link‘ and then choose the ‘QuickBooks product‘.
- Now, choose the ‘update‘ button to ‘download‘ the ‘update file‘.
- The final step is to choose the ‘Setup automatic updates‘ to learn the way to set QuickBooks to automatically download and also install the latest updates.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
#Step 2: Check the settings in the web mail preferences
- The user is required to choose ‘Preferences‘, from the QuickBooks ‘Edit‘ menu.
- After that, select the ‘Send forms option‘, on the left pane.
- Moving ahead, the user should choose the email account that they are using, under the ‘My preferences‘ option, followed by selecting the ‘Edit‘ option.
- Now the next step is to go to the ‘SMTP Server details‘ section in the ‘edit email info screen‘, followed by ‘setting the server name and port‘ to the email provider settings. The user should refer to ‘Set up the email service in QuickBooks desktop‘ for a list of ‘SMTP Server‘ and Ports.
#Step 3: Reset Internet Explorer settings to default
- To begin with, the user is required to open ‘Internet Explorer‘, and then choose the ‘Tools menu (Alt + T)‘ or the ‘gear icon‘.
- After that choose the ‘Internet options‘.
- Now, visit the ‘Advanced tab‘, and then ‘Restore Advanced Settings‘.
- The last step is to choose ‘OK‘, followed by close the browser.
See this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
After following the above steps, a situation can arise when the user might determine that the antivirus is blocking the outgoing mails. In such situations, it is better to consult an IT professional in order to avoid any further mess. In case the error persists, the user can perform the following solution according to the error messages that they encounter.
If you still get the error message after trying all three solutions, you may want to perform the suggested solution in the error message.
|You are not connected to the internet or your firewall is blocking the connection error||If this error appears, try to open Internet Explorer and then try to access the website.|
|Your email server settings are incorrect error||If your email server settings are incorrect, then authenticate the settings by carrying out the steps mentioned in Solution 2.|
|You entered an incorrect email address or password||Try to login to your email through web browser and make sure your login credentials are correct.|
Read Also: What is QuickBooks error code 2277?
In case the error persists, feel free to get in touch with QuickBooks premier support experts. You can also try once by creating the new admin user to resolve the issue. However, consulting professionals would be a better option in order to avoid any kind of further mess. You can dial our toll-free number i.e. +1-800-360-4183 and talk to our executives for any further information.
Frequently Asked Questions
In order to link your email with the QuickBooks software, you can simply perform a couple of steps, which include:
Opening the QuickBooks edit menu.
Perform instructions and choose preferences
Go for the forms and then opt for Webmail.
The next step is to click on the Add option from the dropdown, follow the instructions and click OK.
Often users might come across email issues in QuickBooks. To get rid of these issues, one is required to head to the QuickBooks icon, and right-click and choose Properties. After that go for the Compatibility tab. And also unmark Administrator if you run this program. The user will also have to click OK and then restart the computer with an upgraded configuration.
Yes. Using wrong email ID and password often leads to the error QuickBooks could not connect to the email server.
You’ll also like: