Identify the methods to fix QuickBooks Error: Could not connect to the email server
QuickBooks is undoubtedly one of the finest accounting software, but this doesn’t make it error-free. Just like other software, QuickBooks also involves codes and algorithms, which makes it prone to certain errors. In this article, we are going to discuss one of the commonly encountered error: QuickBooks could not connect to the email server. A quick fix to the error can be getting in touch with our QuickBooks desktop support team, by dialing our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-405-0907. You can also go through this article for a better insight into the error.
While using the web mail in QuickBooks Desktop, after entering the email and password, the user might get the following error message:
Couldn’t Connect to Email Server We were unable to connect to the email server for your email provider
QuickBooks was unable to send your form for the following reason:
QuickBooks was able to connect to the remote server but could not understand the server’s response. Please try again to see if the problem has been corrected on the server. If the problem persists, contact QuickBooks Technical Support.
Any of the above two scribbled messages might appear on the screen. It should be noted that, this error can be encountered mostly on a Yahoo email address.
Fixation methods for Error: Could not connect to the email server
Talking about the solutions to the error, more than one solutions are recommended. Let us have a look at the solutions one by one.
#Step 1: Update to the latest release
Update your QuickBooks desktop to latest release version:
- The first step is to visit the ‘Update to the Latest release page‘.
- The next step is to ensure the product is selected. In case it is not, visit the ‘Change link‘ and then choose the ‘QuickBooks product‘.
- Now, choose the ‘update‘ button to ‘download‘ the ‘update file‘.
- The final step is to choose the ‘Setup automatic updates‘ to learn the way to set QuickBooks to automatically download and also install the latest updates.
#Step 2: Check the settings in the web mail preferences
- The user is required to choose ‘Preferences‘, from the QuickBooks ‘Edit‘ menu.
- After that, select the ‘Send forms option‘, on the left pane.
- Moving ahead, the user should choose the email account that they are using, under the ‘My preferences‘ option, followed by selecting the ‘Edit‘ option.
- Now the next step is to go to the ‘SMTP Server details‘ section in the ‘edit email info screen‘, followed by ‘setting the server name and port‘ to the email provider settings. The user should refer to ‘Set up the email service in QuickBooks desktop‘ for a list of ‘SMTP Server‘ and Ports.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Banking Error 102?
#Step 3: Reset Internet Explorer settings to default
- To begin with, the user is required to open ‘Internet Explorer‘, and then choose the ‘Tools menu (Alt + T)‘ or the ‘gear icon‘.
- After that choose the ‘Internet options‘.
- Now, visit the ‘Advanced tab‘, and then ‘Restore Advanced Settings‘.
- The last step is to choose ‘OK‘, followed by close the browser.
After following the above steps, a situation can arise when the user might determine that the antivirus is blocking the outgoing mails. In such situations, it is better to consult an IT professional in order to avoid any further mess. In case the error persists, the user can perform the following solution according to the error messages that they encounter.
If you still get the error message after trying all three solutions, you may want to perform the suggested solution in the error message.
You are not connected to the internet or your firewall is blocking the connection error
If this error appears, try to open Internet Explorer and then try to access the website.
Your email server settings are incorrect error
If your email server settings are incorrect, then authenticate the settings by carrying out the steps mentioned in Solution 2.
You entered an incorrect email address or password
Try to login to your email through web browser and make sure your login credentials are correct.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks error code 2277?
In case the error persists, feel free to get in touch with QuickBooks premier support experts. You can also try once by creating the new admin user to resolve the issue. However, consulting professionals would be a better option in order to avoid any kind of further mess. You can dial our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-405-0907 and talk to our executives for any further information.
You’ll also like: