Quick and Simple Steps to Fix Intuit QuickBooks Error 31: SE_ERR_NOASSOC
QuickBooks is a robust bookkeeping and accounting software used by small- and mid-sized businesses around the world. Its various functions and tools allow business owners perform tasks like creating inventories, paying employees, preparing for taxes, and managing cash flow with ease. Furthermore, Intuit, the company that developed QuickBooks keeps introducing new updates to keep free from errors. But, some errors and glitches are inevitable. QuickBooks Error 31 is one such error. This error may appear at any time such as, while installation, updating or upgrading it.
However, it mostly appears while opening payroll reports in Excel. It may slow down your work and impact your productivity. But the good thing is, QuickBooks Error code 31 is fixable. Further in this article you can learn about this error, its causes and solutions.
Read Also: What are the important tips for QuickBooks bank reconciliation?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 31?
This error mostly appears while opening payroll reports in Excel. Other occasions when this issue may crop up are when you install the software, update it, launch it, sync it, try to open it, delete or remove a file, export a file, print something, or import or add accounts on Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10. A malicious software, corruption in software, or hardware malfunctioning may trigger this error.
Another major reason behind the occurrence of this error may be the lack of affiliation in QuickBooks report layouts and Excel. A damaged Microsoft Office establishment may also cause Intuit QuickBooks Error Code 31.
Steps to Troubleshoot Intuit QuickBooks Error Code 31
This article is aimed to assist you fix QuickBooks Error Code 31. Here are the steps you can follow (in the given order) to resolve this issue.
- First step is to find out the reason of this error and that may be with computer equipment, windows, internet connection, security software, or with any third-party software.
- To start with, you can check if windows operating system is working properly. If your windows OS is not updated, it may create issues.
- Remove all security software that you may have installed recently.
- Turn off the Firewall.
- Ensure that you haven’t opened any other application while you are trying to fix Intuit QuickBooks Error 31.
- In case the application was working fine lately with your security software, check if the security software is updated.
- Remove or uninstall and application or software that you have installed of late.
- Make use of Windows explorer to explore the file where error message is found.
- Now, double click the file where error message is found, and you will receive a prompt requesting you to choose a program to connect the file.
- Select Excel and click Ok to connect the format with Excel and you should be able to successfully open the payroll report.
In case the issue still persists, you can contact QuickBooks error support team. You can also contact our experts at +1-844-405-0907 for quick and precise solution. We are available round the clock and offer you the best services that your business deserves.
Few other helpful articles:
QuickBooks File Doctor tool to Repair Damaged Company Files
Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Steps to disable merchant services in QuickBooks desktop for MAC