Easy Steps for QuickBooks Mac Error Troubleshooting
Over the past few years, QuickBooks is considered the most reliable accounting software available in the market today. Owing to its growing popularity, QuickBooks launched many versions of the software suitable for different operating system. Even though it is the best accounting software, users do face certain technical problems.
Mac QuickBooks users often face problems when they try to create a backup of their company for when adding a multi-user environment to the software. So, in this article we will discuss about the issues and also the troubleshooting steps to resolve the error. However, if you are seeking for any sort of professional guidance, feel free to connect with our technical team at 1-844-405-0907, and we will provide you with immediate support services.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1317?
QuickBooks Mac Error While Creating a Backup
This technical issue arises while creating a backup of a company file in QuickBooks for Mac 2013 and 2014 versions. So here are few steps that can help in rebuilding the data and also solve the issue.
- First open QuickBooks in Mac and then click on File and Utility tab.
- Then select Verify Data. In case the verified data detects the error then tap on Hard Drive -Users-Library -Logs-QuickBooks.Log
The QuickBooks.log too diagnoses the error then the best solution would be to seek assistance from 24X7 QuickBooks Support team to handle this glitch. However, you can also manually fix the error by rebuilding utility.
Rebuilding Data Utility
- First you have to click on the File Menu and Utilities
- Then search and find the Rebuild Data and then click on it. After the completion of rebuild data click on Verify utility in order to detect the error.
If both do not work then there will be some other error in the system. Get help from the technical support to eliminate the issues successfully. Or else you can click on Rebuild Utility many times before you get the ‘No Error’ message appears on the Verify Utility page.
So, after rebuilding utility multiple times you will be able to verify data and create the required backup without any hassle. But if still the problem persists then you have to ask for help from technical experts.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000?
Troubleshooting Steps for Multi-User Issues in QuickBooks for Mac
When files are being shared between multiple users then at times a multi-user environment in QuickBooks do face some errors. So, below are few steps mentioned for fixing such errors.
Check if QuickBooks server is running and the company file is on Sharing Mode:
- In order to check if QuickBooks server is running click on ‘Go and Applications‘
- After this double-click on the ‘app‘
- Now check if the file is shared or not. In case the file is not then you have to click on ‘Start Sharing‘.
- And if the file is in no way listed then click on ‘Select‘ and Click ‘+‘ so as to add the file for sharing
Ensure that the company file is present in the computer which has QuickBooks installed as a Host.
- In order to check the ‘Firewall settings‘ in Mac you have to click on the ‘Apple menu‘ and then click on the ‘system performance’.
- Go to ‘Security & Privacy‘ and ‘Firewall‘
- Now select ‘Firewall options‘ and Unlock it, if not already.
- You have to check if the QuickBooks server app shows ‘Allow Incoming Connections’
- Click on it to ‘allow the connections‘.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Install Error Code 1722?
- Click on Apple and ‘System Preferences‘ and check if the sharing permissions are correct.
- Now click on ‘Sharing and File Sharing‘
- After this adds the folder which has the company file by clicking on the shared Folder and also on ‘+‘ under the shared column and ‘Add‘.
- Do not forget to click on ‘Read and Write‘ for everyone which is located under the user’s column permission settings
- In order to check if the ‘network configurations‘ are correct you have to Unplug the ‘Ethernet cable or the port’
- Restart your system
- After this open your QuickBooks software and now try enabling the multi-user mode.
- Click on ‘File‘ – New Finder Window so as to check if the ‘Bonjour service‘ is working in all shared computers
- After this you have to check if all the computers that are shared and also within the network can be seen in the shared only computer. The computers will get attach to a multi-user network and are accessible to all files.
- Now you have to check the port- ‘56565 TCP, 5297 TCP, 5298 TCP/UDP, 5353 UDP‘ is open.
If the QuickBooks Mac error doesn’t get resolved even after following the above mentioned steps then you have to call the QuickBooks Mac Support team by dialing 1-844-405-0907. As they are experienced and well-trained they will come up with a solution within a very short span of time. The best part is that they will also provide tips to avoid errors in the near future.
FAQs Related to QuickBooks for Mac
The functionalities of QuickBooks on Mac is different. It has slightly less functionalities in comparison with QuickBooks for windows.
1. You need to open the file as admin
2. After that, move to the file menu, and then choose the utilities tab.
3. Now, choose copy company file for QuickBooks Mac, and perform the onscreen instructions.
Well, you can have multiple companies under the same QuickBooks online account. Each company file is its own subscription you need to pay for, but you access them with the same sign-in credentials.
Read more articles from here