In this article we have discussed related to QuickBooks running slowly in Multi-User Mode issue, Read completely this article and understand how we can fix this issue by following few simple steps.
While opening a big company file or just using the QuickBooks Desktop on the web, QuickBooks at times run slowly in the Multi-User Mode. The user may come across hurdles like slow speed, QuickBooks taking too long to respond, network error or others. And to solve the error of QuickBooks Run Slowly in Multi-User Mode it is very important to recognize the different performance errors which can lead to the same.
It can be very annoying for the QuickBooks users, if the software runs slowly, especially in multi-user mode. Thus, it is essential to spot the cause and rectify the bug as soon as possible. Thus, we recommend you read this post till the end and find out the various factors that lead to QuickBooks running slow error. For more details, the user can also get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-405-0907, and our experts will ensure to provide the best possible support services in fixing the issue.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303, or H505?
Causes behind QuickBooks running slow problem
- In case there is an increase in the number of users, the “Company files” tasks can slow down.
- There can be “Administration issues” for everyone in the office.
- Too long time to open data.
- Company file that works fine in the morning can get slowed down as the day proceeds.
- Management issues being faced by one or two people in the department.
- Data errors occurring in various data fields, that also indicates that the network might be damaging the company data files.
- Difficulties in performing the alternate (individual tasks can be fast, while single tasks can be slow).
- Multiple users are accessing the same section of the module at a particular span of time.
- The host system having the data file being stored is slow in performance.
- The network interface card being used is defective or running slow.
Why QuickBooks Run Slowly in Multi-User Mode ?
- Many users accessing the same module at the same time.
- The data file handled by the system might be too large in “terms of Data File Size“.
- The host computer with the “Data File” stored is slow.
- In case there is a large report running in the “Data Files” like “Transaction report” with a target of more than 32,0000 units.
- In case the used network is defective or the “Network Interface Card” that you are using is slow.
Steps to Increase and Fix the Performance of QuickBooks in the Multi-User Mode
There can be a plenty of methods to get rid of the QuickBooks performance issue in multi user mode. Let us discuss each of the methods one by one:
Solution 1: Manage your data file
- Try to decrease the date ranges on the big reports.
- Trying using only one module at a time and minimize the number of shared users.
- Ensure that you “Save the data file” on a the computer with fastest network.
- Replace faulty or slow Network Interface Card (NIC).
Solution 2: Re – installation of QuickBooks
- The very first step is to move to the windows start tab and then open control panel.
- After that, the user needs to select the program and features tab.
- Once done with that, the user needs to click on “QuickBooks option” and then right click on it to select the “uninstall” option.
- The next step in the process is to download QuickBooks software and install it, from the official website of Intuit.
- And the last step is to select the “multi-user host installation option” during the installation process.
Solution 3: Changing the default setting
- In order to change the default settings, the user needs to navigate to the files.
- And then, click on the “utilities” option.
- After that, click on the “host multi user access” tab.
- The next step is to select “multi user access tab” and then “add multiple users” to the company file.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select the “multi user access option” if not selected earlier.
- And then, the user needs to “create the user account password“, so that the data can remain protected from the threats.
- The last step is to start using multi user mode effectively without the slow processing.
Solution 4: Checking speed through UNC path
- First of all, the user needs to press “Windows + E keys” and then find the name of the server.
- And then, the user will have to find under the network location field.
- The next step is too find the mapped drives, like X:\, Z:\, Y:\, etc.
- Now, the server system name contains (//) 2 backlashes, note it down on a notepad.
- Followed by putting the server system name and shared folder name as \\ServerName\SharedFolder Name.
- The next step in the process is to note down this path and open QuickBooks.
- After that, the user needs to select open or restore a company file.
- Moving ahead, select a company file and hit next.
- Now, enter the “UNC path” in the file name field and hit Enter.
- After that, list of the company files will appear on the screen, the user will have to open the one he/she wishes to.
- The last step is to check whether QuickBooks is running slow or not.
In case the problem still persists, follow the additional steps:
- Type “Performance” in the Search Tab.
- Click on the “Green Arrow“.
- Choose the “Help Menu” from QuickBooks and click on “Search” option.
- In multi-user mode select the “Improve Performance” Option.
This is a Short Example to make You Understand that “How we can increase the performance of QuickBooks in multi-user mode“
In case the same company file is accessed by multiple users at the same time, it leads to a slight decrease in the performance of QuickBooks. The given steps above can help to understand the reasons that cause slow performance of QuickBooks. To ensure the best performance, make sure to save the QuickBooks file and the QuickBooks server on the same computer if possible.
For Instant Support Dial 1-844-405-0907!
We hope this article will help you to make QuickBooks faster in Multi-User mode. If you want more information and help relate to this, Please contact our QuickBooks support team at +1-844-405-0907 for the best result.