Learn about QuickBooks Error H202 and the ways to resolve it
QuickBooks is widely recognized as one of the finest accounting software, and is known for its amazing capabilities of handling transactions, bookkeeping, payroll management, maintaining records, and various other accounting activities. Though QuickBooks accounting software has transformed the way businesses carry out there accounting activities, it can’t be disregarded that it is also prone to multiple errors. One such error is QuickBooks Error Code H202 that usually occurs when trying to switch into multi-user mode. In this blog post, we are going to discuss about one of the most reported error code that is faced by many QB users.
What is QuickBooks Error H202 and why it occurs?
QuickBooks error H202 may appear on your desktop screen when you try to open your company file in a multi-user mode. This error will prevent QuickBooks to perform the given task.
In order to know what causes the error H202, and how to resolve it, make sure to read and understand the complete procedure given below. We ensure that these troubleshooting steps will resolve your Error Code H202 instantly & will provide the best results. However, if you want a group of experts or certified professionals to fix the issue for you, then in that case, you can ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-405-0907, and our QuickBooks enterprise support team will be there to assist you in fixing the issue for you.
Related article: How to Fix QuickBooks unrecoverable error?
The images as shown below is similar to which appears on your desktop.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1311?
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error H202
Discussing some responsible issues that cause QuickBooks H202 errors as explained below:-
- The main cause behind this error can be if the hosting configuration setting is incorrect.
- Or in case the QB file setting option blocks to access the company file. Thus it blocks incoming or outgoing communication.
- The error can also be seen if there is any damage or having an incorrect .ND files configuration that allows unable to access that allow the database file through QuickBooks.
- If the QuickBooks software is unable to search the main IP address of host the system or by using some other IP address.
- A company data file is not communicating easily to the server.
- If the setting of DNS is improper or incomplete.
- The QuickBooks service like QuickBooksDBXX/QBCF is not started.
- Firewall or a security software is blocking the communication to the company file, in such a situation also error H202 is most probable to occur.
- When a user will try to work with a company file & it is located with a multi –user mode & this replicates the QuickBooks that is unable to reach the server on your system.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=272?
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code H202
To Resolve the error code H202 try to follow one of these given solutions:
Method 1: Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool
In order to Download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool Click Here: http://dlm2.download.intuit.com/akdlm/SBD/QuickBooks/QBPDF/qbfd.exe.
Important Note: If you currently have a version of File Doctor on your computer system (you will certainly see an File Doctor Icon on your desktop screen), you will need to proceed with downloading and installing File Doctor from this article to ensure you have the latest release. It is advised to uninstall any type of previous variations of File Doctor prior to downloading and installing.
First of all, the user needs to download the QuickBooks file doctor on your server. This helps to clear your H202 error in a multi-user mode as automatically. If in case, a user face an issue the same, try to proceed the Next solution.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks error code 6130?
Method 2: Verifying the QuickBooks hosting
- The initial step is to open QuickBooks on the hosting system and then select “File” & click on “Utilities“.
- And then, see the list of “Host Multi-User” to Access it, this computer is not hosting the file. Move to the next system. Note one thing don’t change anything on your workstation.
- If you see “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access“, select it.
- Ensure that company file must be closed, click to “Yes” option.
Method 3: Verify the QuickBooks Services
- The very first step is to ensure that “QuickBooksDBXX & QBCFMonitor” services and start this.
- Click on Windows “Start” button.
- And then press the keys as “Windows + R” keys to run the program.
- In that running dialog box, type as “MSC” and hit “Enter” key.
- Service Window: – Scroll down and the presence of QuickBooks DBXX service.
- QuickBooksDBXX service is not seen or unable to look forward as.
- With the help of using Database Server Manager now confirm it and get to installed on a server.
- Now “Run” your full program on a server, first open the QuickBooks now select and then verified that the hosting is enabled or not.
- Give a double-click the “QuickBooksDBXX” service. Then get to confirm what is the Startup type & also the service status begins.
- Now select the “Recovery” option.
- Open your computer menu & restart it thus it will automatically restart your “QuickBooksDBXX” service if in case it fails. Do the same for Second failure.
- Now “Apply” to save all your changes.
- The above steps for “QBCFMonitor” Service, replay it.
- Then make a fresh start your QuickBooks software in the multi-user mode on your each workstation.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15270?
Method 4: Ping your server from a workstation
There might be a firewall issue if you see QuickBooks Error H202 on one or more of your workstations. To fix the issue Ping your server from each workstation where you are getting Error H202.
- On your server computer and workstations, Open the “Windows Start Menu“.
- After that type Network into the search and then open Network and sharing center.
- After that choose change advanced sharing settings.
- Ensure that you have selected Turn on network discovery.
Now get your server name from your server:
- First of all you need to open the Windows Start menu on your server computer.
- After that type “Run” into the search and then open Run box.
- After that type “CMD” into the Run window, and then hit on Enter key.
- Now type “ipconfig/all” into the command window, and then press Enter key.
- After that search the Host Name in the Windows IP Configuration section. You will find your server name is on the right.
- Now you have to note down the hostname and copy it to a word file so that you can access it quickly.
Related Post: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error H505?
Method 5: Download and Install QuickBooks Tools Hub and run QuickBooks database server manager
- To begin with, the user is required to download the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- And then, move to the browser download list by pressing Ctrl + J keys.
- The next step is to click on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to carry out the on-screen prompts to install it.
- After that, the user is required to open the tool from the desktop icon, once the installation is complete.
- After the QuickBooks hub, the user is required to run QuickBooks database server manager.
- Double click the QuickBooks tools hub icon
- And then, select the network issues tab, followed by clicking on the QuickBooks database server manager.
- In case QuickBooks database server manager shows the correct company file location, the user is supposed to click on start scan option, else click on the browse to select company file folder and then hit start scan option.
- After that, the QuickBooks database server manager will repair the firewall and provide all the efficient permissions required to access in all systems.
- The next step in the process is to click on close after the repair is successful.
- After that, the user will have to open the QuickBooks desktop on the system on which the error code H202 was encountered.
- Followed by clicking on the file> switch to multi-user mode.
Important: If your workstations can go into multi-user mode without any issues, everything is fixed.
We hope this blog helped to resolve your QuickBooks Error Code H202. If still the same error persist then connect with our QuickBooks support phone number i.e. 1-844-405-0907. Our enterprise support team will be pleased to help you out in your accounting problems.