Learn the best ways to download, install and use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks is one of the best-know accounting software and an option for those startups and small- and medium-sized businesses that lack a lot of staff members and an extensive finance department. It saves its users time and money and also increases their productivity. Furthermore, the software features many applications and tools that allow its members to troubleshoot many of the common errors on their own. QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is one such tool. The Connection Diagnostic Tool can help fix a wide variety of errors in QuickBooks Pro, Payroll, and Premier with data file, data recovery, download, update, upgrade, and more.
In this article, we will discuss in detail the features, benefits, installation process and ways to use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. You can simply ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-405-0907. Our QuickBooks support team will ensure to answer all your queries in the least possible time.
Similar Article: How to fix QuickBooks Display Issues?
Understand QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
This tool can troubleshoot the multi-user & networking errors while accessing the company file. The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is a specially designed tool to fix the H series Errors & 6000 series errors such as 6000 304, 6000 77, 6000 80, 6000 83. With this feature, the users are able to develop an appropriate & sufficient connection with the other application such as QuickBooks database manager (QBDM) and QuickBooks company records. The devices with the Microsoft Windows 7, Windows XP, or Windows Vista are only compatible with the Connection Diagnostic Tool. Moreover, it supports only QuickBooks 2008 and newer or QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 8.0 or newer.
The users can download, install and run the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool to resolve the warning messages or error messages that might appear in front of you while installing the QuickBooks Desktop software. Also, this tool or feature is also widely known as QBNetDiagTool.exe, QBServerUtilityMgr.exe etc. However, The version 4.0 software is the most famous tool as it has an inbuilt antivirus tool to keep it free from the viruses.
List of issues that are encountered
- Unable to connect QuickBooks to the database
- QuickBooks Database connecting issues
- Firewall post issues
Perks of using QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
The benefits of using connection diagnostic tool are many. Here is a quick list.
- The tool assists in resolving countless errors faced by the users.
- You can fix issues where employees make certain entries that do not get updated on QuickBooks.
- Using the tool saves a lot of time and effort and simplifies the process of resolving errors.
- You can identify and resolve errors that appear when installing the software
- It further assists in rectifying unexpected errors and multi-user errors in QuickBooks desktop.
Important points to consider
Before heading forward, note that in case you are using QuickBooks desktop 2016, then it is probable that you might receive reminders and prompts to use QuickBooks File Doctor. In that case follow what this article says and choose the version mentioned here.
- File Doctor tool works for QuickBooks Desktop for Windows, but QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool works for QuickBooks for Mac as well.
- This tool offers proper connections between QuickBooks database server manager and the Company File for both H series errors (H202 and H505) and 6000 errors (6000 83, 6000 77, 6000 80, 6000 304) making the fixation process easier
- It is suggested to use QuickBooks 2008 or a later version on MS Windows 7, Vista or XP for the connection diagnostic tool to avoid any mess
- Also, note that the tool can be downloaded from Intuit’s official website to fix error texts that show up while installing QB Desktop. However, 4.0 is the most commonly used version.
When to run QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool?
The following situations might call for using this tool.
- In case of unexpected errors in QuickBooks like those in the 6000 series.
- If there is any virus affecting the QuickBooks functions.
- Or issues related to the QuickBooks database
- Errors associated with Windows firewall.
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks files.
- To fix multi-user errors, which usually fall in the category of H series errors in QuickBooks.
Steps to download QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
The steps below can be performed to download the connection diagnostic tool successfully.
- Start the process by clicking on the Official download link of the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
- The next step is to Save the file in the system.
- The user should then open the installer name as QBInstall_tool_vs.exe.
- And also shut down the running programs in the background.
- After that restart the program
- Avoid any kind of further issues and ascertain to have a good Internet connection.
- The user should then clear all the applications in the background.
- End the process by performing the steps related to installation.
Steps to Install the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
After the download process, the below steps can be performed for installation.
- The user is first required to check the system to ensure there isn’t a version of the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool already installed.
- After that download the tool from the OEM website and click on the icon twice after it appears on your desktop.
- Perform the prompts that show up on your computer screen for installation:
- Also, hit the Next tab when screen displays: “Welcome to the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool setup wizard“.
- Now click on Next to choose Installation folder.
- Tap on the I agree circle to accept the license agreement of the software.
- The .NET framework must be configured properly, especially for Windows 10.
- Wait for the application to open
- Click on the icon
- Head to the directory that contains the company file which is to be diagnosed.
- Do not use the Network connectivity option, if you are using Single user mode.
- Type in the Admin and password, after the message box appears on the screen.
- Click on ok tab
- Select whether you are using the host system or a Workstation PC.
- The process might take some time, wait for it to complete
Steps to Employ QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
After the installation comes employing process. The steps below can help the user in employing the tool.
- At first, click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Avoid opening the corrupted file.
- Also, tap on the Utilities tab and then Repair the file option.
- Hit the Network problems tab.
- Click on Yes to collect the personal information related to QuickBooks and it’s data.
- Head to the folder that has the company files and search and open the one that is corrupted
- Click on the Show advanced settings
- After that a list of items in a drop-down will appear on the screen.
- Go for the issue that relates with the current issue.
- Type in the QuickBooks login ID and password
- Select the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
- And let the tool perform the necessary steps
How you can operate the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
First of all, Download, install and run the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool as instructed in the download device tab. After that just Perform double-click on the connection diagnostic tool to run on the device. Once this procedure completed, follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:
1. Diagnose Connection tab
The Diagnose Connection tab enables the users to make sure that you are able to access the company data file from the computer, no matter if its single-user or multi-user. The error code appears again & again if the permissions are not set accurately, or if it has blocked ports or firewall.
2. Firewall Status
The Firewall Status feature shows the basic instruction about the firewall on the display.
3. Test Connectivity
This feature will enable you to check the workstation or computer connectivity.
Procedure to test the computer’s connectivity
- In the initial step of the process, the user will see a tab to locate the company file, next to the Company File field.
- Select the “Change Hosting Server” If the network is set up in the Linux systems & it is in the Alternate mode.
Note: All statuses suppose to appear as “Not Applicable” in blue before the users run the connectivity test.
Once you run the connectivity test, either you will see all the statuses in Green or Red in color. The Green color signifies that there is no problem and the Red color signifies that some problem has been detected.
- After that the user will have to select the “Test Connectivity” tab
- There can be a situation, when the connectivity test might fail if the File Open Status appears as Red. In this case, the user will witness the “Advanced” section where all the checked areas are mentioned. Click on “What do these mean?”
- The user is then required to resolve the relevant status to run the tool again. And then, check if there any problem still exists or not.
- In case the problem exists now and you open the “File Open Status”. You will see the Successful message pop-up on your display.
Interesting Read: How to Install and Setup update for Intuit Data Protect?
Fix Update Issues With QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool is empowered with the ability to automatically identify & fix problems with the following components:
- Microsoft .Net Framework
Solution 1: QB Install Diagnostic Tool is capable to fix issues related to Microsoft .NET, C++, and MSXML.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6129, 0?
Solution 2: Update the Windows to install the missing updates related to .NET Framework, C++, and MSXML.
Solution 3: Another solution is to manually resolve the problems related to Microsoft components.
Solution 4: The user can also Apply Selective Startup to install the QuickBooks.
Important Note: The 4.0 variation software is the most suggested version which is available on some site. Couple of year later on Intuit launched QuickBooks File Doctor tool which have a more powerful tool as well as advanced attributes.
Also See: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
I hope the above given information related to QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool are helpful to you. In case you have any queries related to this tool then you can get in touch with our experts. We, Host Docket have a specialized team of efficient and certified professionals who can resolve all the issues related to your accounting software.
We provide support for all the QuickBooks versions – QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, & QuickBooks Enterprise. In the meanwhile, if you are encountering any discrepancy with the QB software, it could be any QuickBooks Error, Installation issue, QuickBooks Data loss, or other. In such scenario, all you recommended to do is to make a call on their toll-free helpline number with no hesitation i.e. +1-844-405-0907.
You may also like