Here is how you can Install update for Intuit Data Protect to backup QuickBooks Files:
It is necessary for business owners to keep backups of their data. QuickBooks is a modern accounting software that significantly does that for its users. Using this state-of-the-art software – QuickBooks users can not only backup their data but also increase their productivity. Unquestionably, there are a plethora of advantages of this accounting software, but at times it receives some errors that may cause QB users a wide range of issues. The errors that the users may face may be caused by many different reasons and may appear at any occasion. Users may also experience errors while backing up data using Intuit Data Protect.
Please note that an error may occur when backing up data through Intuit Data Protect. Also, Data Protect errors mostly occur when QuickBooks is not updated to the latest version. This blog post is created to give you detailed information of the update process that you can use to avoid and fix common Intuit Data errors.
Why is it necessary to Update Intuit Data Protect?
It’s necessary to update web applications, including Intuit Data Protect. The practice of regularly updating your applications can keep you from a wide range of online threats. The process ensures improved security, better and faster performance and security of your information.
Below are the advantages of keeping Intuit Data Protect up to date.
- Advanced Security to safeguard your critical information and prevent data theft.
- Improved performance of the web application and tools.
- Enhanced stability on other operating systems.
- Complete data safety and protection from data loss.
What are the system configurations required for Installing Intuit Data Protect?
Below are the basic system requirements for installing the Intuit data protect on your system:
Operating Systems (OS)
Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2011, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Standard and Essentials.
Internet Explorer 11, Google chrome, Mozilla firefox, Safari browser
4 GB RAM, 4 GHz Processor, minimum 5 GB of free disk space, 4X DVD-ROM drive (in case installing from a CD), 1280 x 1024 screen resolution.
How to update Intuit Data Protect Inbuilt with QuickBooks Desktop?
Below are the steps that you can follow to update Intuit Data Protect Inbuilt with QuickBooks Desktop:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, go to Help and click Update QuickBooks
- Data Protection box must be checked under the Update now tab
- Click Get Updates
- Let the updates download and then restart QuickBooks to install the updates.
- Move further to update the external Intuit Data Protect.
How to Update Intuit Data Protect Installed on Windows?
Below are the steps to Update Intuit Data Protect Installed on Windows:
- Tap on the arrow at the bottom right-hand side of the taskbar and do a right click on the green color Intuit Data Protect icon.
- Click on the option About Intuit Data Protect.
- You must be using one of the following versions – QuickBooks 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019.
- Click Update and let the Update Intuit Data Protect window show up.
- Click OK and open QuickBooks.
We hope this article enables you update Intuit data protect to backup QuickBooks Files. Please note that it’s not rare for users to receive errors during this process. In case that happens, you can call our 24*7 customer support at +1-800-880-6389 and we will be glad to assist you.
You might also like: