Here is how you can Install update for Intuit Data Protect to backup QuickBooks Files:
It is necessary for business owners to keep backups of their data. QuickBooks is a modern accounting software that significantly does that for its users. Using this state-of-the-art software – QuickBooks users can not only backup their data but also increase their productivity. Unquestionably, there are a plethora of advantages of this accounting software, but at times it receives some errors that may cause QB users a wide range of issues. The errors that the users may face may be caused by many different factors and may appear at any occasion. Users may also experience errors while backing up data using Intuit Data Protect.
Please note that an error may occur when backing up data through Intuit Data Protect. Also, Data Protect errors mostly occur when QuickBooks is not updated to the latest version. This blog post is created to give you detailed information of the update process that you can use to avoid and fix common Intuit Data errors. To learn further, make sure to stick around till the end. Or you can also get on a call with our certified QuickBooks Professionals at +1-800-360-4183, for any further technical assistance. Having said that, let us continue reading this piece of writing.
What is Intuit Data Protect?
Before you proceed with the steps to set up and update Intuit data protect, let us first understand what it is all about. Intuit data protect is basically a backup service. One can easily backup the entire computer or just the QuickBooks files and folders, depending upon the requirements. After you set up Intuit Data Protect, it will back up your data every day. Note that: QuickBooks desktop pro plus, premier plus, and QuickBooks enterprise subscriptions include free access to Intuit Data Protect. It is further compatible with QuickBooks 2011 and later versions of QuickBooks.
Why is it necessary to Update Intuit Data Protect?
It’s necessary to update web applications, including Intuit Data Protect. The practice of regularly updating your applications can keep you from a wide range of online threats. The process ensures improved security, better and faster performance and security of your information.
Below are the advantages of keeping Intuit Data Protect up to date.
- Advanced Security to safeguard your critical information and prevent data theft.
- Improved performance of the web application and tools.
- Enhanced stability on other operating systems.
- Complete data safety and protection from data loss.
What are the system configurations required for Installing Intuit Data Protect?
Below are the basic system requirements for installing the Intuit data protect on your system:
Operating Systems (OS)
Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2011, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Standard and Essentials.
Internet Explorer 11, Google chrome, Mozilla firefox, Safari browser
4 GB RAM, 4 GHz Processor, minimum 5 GB of free disk space, 4X DVD-ROM drive (in case installing from a CD), 1280 x 1024 screen resolution.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1311?
Steps to set up intuit data protect to backup QuickBooks files
You can try performing the set of steps listed below to set up intuit data protect:
- Start with opening QuickBooks on the system or server where the company file is stored.
- To find out, Press F2 key in QuickBooks.
- After that, head to the File menu and select the Backup Company and then Set up online backup.
- Now, sign in with the Email Address used to register.
- After the setup is complete, select Continue.
- Choose the QuickBooks company file, and select Continue.
- If you possess the system plan, then select the folder where you want to backup and then click on Continue.
- Checkmark the box accompanying Back up local selected documents and click on Continue.
- After that, select the files and folders you want to back up and hit continue.
- Schedule the daily backup and click on the continue tab.
- Conclusively, you can ascertain that you set up the notification settings and click on continue again.
Note that the first backup might take several hours. It depends on the number of company files and the file size. Backups after the first one would hardly take a couple of minutes.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error C=272?
Steps to update Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks
It is suggested to update Intuit data protect. In case you have automatic updates enabled, the software will automatically download the update.
- Download the latest update for intuit data protect, by selecting the update QuickBooks option from the help menu.
- After that, select the update now option.
- And ensure that you select data protect from the list, and select get updates option.
- Now, click on Install update and choose the up arrow on the desktop toolbar.
- Right click the Intuit Data Protect icon and select About Intuit Data Protect.
- Select Update tab.
- And click on ok when done.
We hope this article enables you to update Intuit data protect to backup QuickBooks files. Please note that it’s not rare for users to receive errors during this process. In case that happens, you can call our 24*7 customer support at +1-800-360-4183 and we will be glad to assist you.
You might also like:
Intuit Data Protect is basically a cloud-based backup and recovery service that can help in the protection of the accounting data in QuickBooks and other crucial files related to QuickBooks. It ensures that the files are secured from data loss or corruption.
To set up intuit data protect, you can sign up for the service and then download and install the tool on the system. After installing the tool, pick the files and folders to back up and proceed with the procedure ahead.
Yes, Intuit Data Protect can be employed to back up crucial accounting files other than QuickBooks data.