Check out the steps to get rid of script error in QuickBooks desktop pro and get rid of this issue permanently.
QuickBooks is a robust accounting software which is being used by thousands of companies to manage their finances. It helps manage payroll, taxes, investments and deductions, and much more. QuickBooks when accessed uses the web soul of a system to show all the web pages. But, it faces some script errors which are caused by the settings in the browser.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
What is Script Error in QuickBooks?
If you try to access the QuickBooks or look at a webpage from QuickBooks Program when it is facing a script error, at that time, the webpage you are opening may not load or you may not be able to use the webpage successfully and accurately. A pop will appear- ‘A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly‘. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive. Since this script error is a small one, you need not worry about the safety of your information and data or if some file is broken. Please note that this script error will never break the files or cause any damage or loss of your necessary data.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
Possible reasons behind the occurrence of script errors in QuickBooks
One might come across the following error in QuickBooks due to the below-stated factors. Let us have a look:
- You can experience this issue if data import is attempted from a non-existing account.
- Another possible reason can be importing an invoice having different account details from assets or accounts due.
- You can also experience a similar issue, in the case of a corrupted windows user.
- In case the data file is damaged, then experiencing this issue is common.
- Moreover, if the Active X components got damaged, they can trigger this issue.
- Any sort of malware can also land you in such a situation.
- Another possible trigger can be if the script debugging feature is enabled.
- Most importantly, the script errors are often associated with the Inter explorer settings. Thus, make sure to configure it properly.
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 6073?
Top 10 Measures to eliminate QuickBooks Script Error
You can implement the underneath discussed methods to successfully eliminate the script errors in QuickBooks.
Method 1: Configure the Internet Explorer Browser in the Compatibility View
- You can implement the steps below to configure internet explorer in the compatibility view.
- Start the process by opening the Internet explorer browser.
- Furthermore, click on the Gear icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- You are then required to choose the Tools option.
- Followed by clicking on the compatibility view settings.
- In addition to that, checkmark the box stating Display intranet in compatibility view, in the compatibility View settings window.
- By the end, you need to hit the Close tab.
Method 2: Adding URL to the Restricted Websites List
- This process requires you to open QuickBooks.
- Followed by, clicking on the internet connection setup from the help menu.
- You are now required to click on the next tab.
- Later on, move to the advanced connection settings.
- Once done with that click on the restricted sites option from the security tab.
- And then, click on sites and copy and paste the URL that you are getting in the error message.
- You are now required to click on add and then click on the close tab.
- Once done with that click on ok and done.
- Lastly, reboot your system and check if the issue rectified.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 404?
Method 3: Turn off the Add-ons in the Internet Explorer
- Under this process, you are first required to choose the Internet options under the Tools tab in the IE browser.
- Furthermore, head to the Manage Add-ons option in the Programs tab.
- Now, go for the disabled add-on performance notifications tab after clicking on the Add-on option.
- End the process by clicking on the OK tab and then hitting exit the IE browser.
Method 4: Verify the active scripting and then uninstall the Active X
- Initiate this process by opening internet explorer and navigating to the internet options.
- You are then required to go to the tools tab.
- And also click on the security tab.
- Once done with that navigate to the custom level option and look for the ActiveX controls and plug-ins option.
- You are now supposed to click on the default level.
- Also, hit the ok tab.
- Now, uninstall or remove the ActiveX file in Internet explorer by performing the steps below:
- Firstly, head to the IE option.
- Now, navigate to the settings tab.
- You are now supposed to select the view objects tab.
- Also, check all ActiveX files currently installed in the system.
- Look for the file name starting with qboax like qboax11 or qboax11.dll.
- Make sure to close all the internet explorer running Windows.
- Also, delete the file from the system. And you are done with the process.
Method 5: Clear the cache data folder of Microsoft Internet Explorer or the default browser
- Start with opening the Internet Explorer browser.
- Go for the Tools option.
- Click on the Internet options and then click on the General tab.
- Now choose the Delete option under the browsing history.
- You are now required to place a checkmark beside Cookies and website data, History & temporary internet files.
- Hit Apply and OK options respectively to end the process.
Method 6: Turn off Notifications for QuickBooks script errors
- This process demands opening Internet Explorer first.
- Followed by heading to the Tools tab.
- Select Internet Options and then go to the Advanced tab.
- Moreover, click on the option to clear the Display notification about all Script errors option.
- End the process by clicking on OK to save changes.
You may also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error PS077 or PS032
Method 7: Clear SSL certificates from IE
- Start the procedure by selecting the Gear icon.
- Go for Internet options.
- In addition to that click on the Clear SSL state tab within the Content tab.
- Hit OK to save changes.
Method 8: Reset the default browser to IE
- Kick start the process by opening Internet Explorer.
- Now, head to Tools and then go for the Internet options.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Choose the Reset to default option.
- Moreover, click on Apply and OK to end the process.
- In addition to that perform the onscreen prompts to set Internet Explorer as your default browser:
- This includes opening Internet Explorer.
- And then click on the settings tab.
- Looking for the Program tab.
- Choose Make Default from the menu.
- Click on check the box next to the Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web browser option.
- Now, make sure to make Internet Explorer the default web browser after that.
Method 9: Disable Script debugging in the browser
- Here you need to open Internet Explorer.
- Head to the Internet options.
- Furthermore, click on the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down below to the two options.
- Click on Apply.
- Hit ok tab to end the process.
See also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H505?
Method 10: Add Intuit as a trusted site
- This process requires you to access the Internet Explorer browser.
- Followed by selecting the Gear icon.
- Navigate to the Tools section.
- Move to the Security tab.
- Go for the Trusted sites section.
- Choose Sites tab.
- Type in the https://*.Intuit.com and subsequently, click on Add tab, in the Add this website to the zone field.
- Perform similar steps for https://*.quickbooks.com.
- In addition to that click on close and get out of the Trusted sites window.
- Go for Custom level and then scroll down to Miscellaneous.
- Under the allow cross-domain requests, go for Enable and hit OK button.
- However, you need to click on apply.
- Also, hit ok tab to close the Internet options window.
- End the procedure by rebooting the Internet explorer browser and Apply changes.
These steps to fix QuickBooks script error will easily fix all errors and you would be able to use the QuickBooks. But in case, you are unable to fix the problem, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks support team of certified experts.
Feel free to contact our customer support helpline number i.e. +1-844-405-0907 and our team will help your out in your concerns.
More Articles to Read