QuickBooks is accounting software which is being used by almost all the companies to manage their finances. It helps manage payroll, taxes, investments and deductions, and much more. QuickBooks when accessed uses the web soul of a system to show all the web pages. But, it faces some script errors which are caused by the settings in the browser.
What is Script Error in QuickBooks?
If you try to access the QuickBooks or look at a webpage from QuickBooks Program when it is facing a script error, at that time, the webpage you are opening may not load or you may not be able to use the webpage successfully and accurately.
A pop will appear- ‘A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly‘. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive. Since this script error is a small one, you need not worry about the safety of your information and data or if some file is broken. Please note that this script error will never break the files or cause any damage or loss of your necessary data.
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 6073?
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
Possible Causes for QuickBooks Script Error
- Importing a dealing has an account but that account has not been created before the process of import.
- Importing a bill or invoice that has an account by totally different from assets or accounts due.
- It can also happen when the account details that have been used are already present.
Steps to Resolve the Script Error in QuickBooks
Before you begin the steps of resolving script error, make sure that you turn off the notification about every script error in Internet Explorer 7, 8 or 9.
Condition 1: If the error occurs while importing
- Go to ‘Internet Explorer‘.
- Go to ‘Tools menu‘ and choose ‘Internet options‘.
- If you are not able to find the table menu, press the ‘Alt key‘. This will display the entire hidden menu.
- Click on the ‘Advanced Tab‘ and select it.
- Clear the display a notification about every script error box.
- Click ‘OK‘.
Condition 2: If the error occurs while exporting
Open your Internet explorer web browser and delete/clear all your cookies and cache.
- Hit a click on ‘Tools‘ that is situated at the right corner in your IE browser.
- Now choose ‘Safety & Security‘ option and click on ‘Delete history‘.
- You need to choose the ‘Cookies‘ and ‘website data‘ checkbox and click on ‘Delete‘ button.
- This will take few seconds to delete the complete history of your browser.
- Close your Internet explorer browser and reopen it.
These steps to fix QuickBooks script error will easily fix all errors and you would be able to use the QuickBooks. But in case, you are unable to fix the problem, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks support team of certified experts.
Feel free to contact our customer support helpline number i.e. +1-844-405-0907 and our team will be pleased to help your out in your concerns.
More Articles to Read