At times while working on QuickBooks software, one might land into some or the other error. In this post I am going to discuss about one of the most common QuickBooks errors i.e. QuickBooks Error PS077 and PS032. These Payroll errors often show up when users try to download updates of QuickBooks Payroll. If you too come across this error while downloading the payroll updates, here is everything you should know about the QuickBooks Error PS077 and PS032.
However, for any further information or if you are seeking for expert assistance, then the user can feel free to call us at our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-405-0907. Our QuickBooks error support team will help the users in getting rid of the QuickBooks payroll error PS077 or PS032.
You may also read: How to resolve the QuickBooks error 6209?
Brief into QuickBooks Errors PS077 or PS032
Before you learn the causes and fixes to the QuickBooks error PS077 or PS032, it is important to learn about these errors. This error code is often seen when the user tries to download payroll updates. It comes up with an error message stating:
“QuickBooks is having trouble installation payroll tax table update.”
It should be noted that the prefix PS indicates QuickBooks payroll error. These errors can hamper the progress of QuickBooks activities. There can be various factors causing this issue, the user can check them out below.
What May Lead to QuickBooks Errors PS077 or PS032?
- When QuickBooks failed to read the information registered for software
- When your Billing Information may be incorrect
- QB Payroll or some of its components may have damaged tax table files
- Your billing information is outdated or incorrect
- QuickBooks Company file may be damaged or corrupted
- You might haven’t registered your QuickBooks software
Important Points to remember :
- The user will first have to validate the QuickBooks payroll subscription
- Also, the user is required to update QuickBooks desktop application with the latest released updates
- The user should also ensure to take a backup of the QuickBooks company file
- One more thing that the users should consider is to verify that the billing information entered in the payroll account is proper
- make sure to only have one QuickBooks applications installed on the system
How to Solve QuickBooks Error PS077 or PS032?
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to fix these QuickBooks payroll errors PS077 or PS032:
(Note: You may not necessarily require completing all the provided troubleshooting steps.)
- First of all, Logout from your QuickBooks account
- After that close all your system windows, ensuring that no QuickBooks windows is left open
- Open Windows task manager and verify all opened QB windows
- Now, reopen QuickBooks attempt to download the payroll updates once again
- If the issue is still unresolved the go to File and select Utilities and Repair QuickBooks
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
- Log in to your online Intuit account and verify your QuickBooks License, check if you have the most recent update for your QuickBooks version. (Note: Click here to check the product version & release of your QuickBooks)
- Check your details such as billing information dates on your QuickBooks Payroll service account information.
- Refer to QuickBooks error technical support team to fix your QuickBooks errors.
- Check and create your QuickBooks data by going to file and then utilities
- If you are using Microsoft Windows 7 or 8, you should switch off User account control (UAC) and try to download the QuickBooks Payroll updates
Condition 1: If One Version of QuickBooks Desktop Installed
If you have only one version of QuickBooks desktop installed, no need to complete these steps.
- First, make the backup of your QuickBooks company file.
- Close all the applications, if open.
- Open the Run Window.
For Windows 8:
- First of all, Go to under the Window System section.
- Now open the Start screen
- After that right-click on the background to All Apps
- Now select Run option.
For Windows 7 and XP:
- If you are not logged in with Admin rights just click Start
- After that click on All Programs
- Then click on Accessories
- And finally click Run.
- Click on Start button. In the start search field, and enter Run command.
Condition 2: If you have multiple versions of QuickBooks installed:
First of all Install a clean version of QuickBooks desktop to perform well in Selective Startup.
- For multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop:
- Remove all the additional installations.
- Reset your QuickBooks update.
- Download the latest payroll tax tables.
- Re-sort the lists, then use the Verify Data/Rebuild Data process. (Rebuild the Data only if necessary).
- Perform a clean Uninstall/Re-install in Selective Startup.
Solution 3 : Change the CPS folder name
- Here, the user is required to open the file explorer by pressing Windows + E
- After that select the option stating This PC
- Once done with that, the user should head to the local disk C
- If you are unable to find the program files, then open the program files folder.
- Also, open QuickBooks desktop folder that resembles your version of the software.
- The next step is to open the components and also go for payroll folder.
- And then, right click on the CPS folder
- Now, go for the rename folder option.
- Also, rename it and also enter CPSOLD
- The user should then hit enter tab.
- And make a new CPS folder and open QuickBooks desktop.
- Now, download the latest payroll tax table update
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6129, 0?
We hope that the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps should fix the QuickBooks Error PS077 and PS032. If the issue still prevails, you can contact our experienced QuickBooks Payroll customer help team that is equipped with modern tools and technology to fix any QuickBooks related issue.
Call us at 1-844-405-0907 early in the morning or late in the night, we are available round the clock.
More helpful articles to read:
Some Common FAQs related to QuickBooks Error PS077 and PS032:
QuickBooks Error PS077 or PS032 occurs when the software is unable to download the payroll updates. Error PS077 usually indicates a problem with the tax table update, while PS032 indicates an issue with the QuickBooks payroll subscription. These errors prevent you from downloading the latest payroll updates, which can lead to incorrect payroll calculations and other issues.
The common causes of QuickBooks Error PS077 or PS032 include:
1. Incorrect payroll subscription details or an expired subscription
2. Damaged or corrupt QuickBooks company file
3. Outdated or incorrect QuickBooks installation
4. Incorrect QuickBooks company file setup or configuration
5. Internet connectivity issues or firewall restrictions
Here are some troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks Error PS077 or PS032:
1. Check and renew your QuickBooks payroll subscription if it has expired
2. Verify that you have an active internet connection and that your firewall is not blocking QuickBooks
3. Update your QuickBooks to the latest release
4. Verify your QuickBooks company file and ensure it’s not damaged or corrupt
5. Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks and then reinstall the latest payroll updates
Yes, you can prevent QuickBooks Error PS077 or PS032 from occurring by:
1. Renewing your QuickBooks payroll subscription before it expires
2. Verifying your QuickBooks company file for errors regularly
3. Updating QuickBooks and the payroll tax table regularly
4. Ensuring that you have a stable internet connection and that your firewall is not blocking QuickBooks
5. Running regular virus scans to prevent damage to your QuickBooks company file.