Learn the easy fixation of QuickBooks error code 6073
The QuickBooks Enterprise 2018 Version is packed with a few of the most innovative attributes. This the reason that it is obtaining a growing number of famous nowadays. However there is few problems which users faced and complaint about this powerful software.
So today’s In this article, we are going to talk about one such error message i.e. QuickBooks Error Code 6073, 99001. Due to this error the QB users usually not able to open the company file. And get an error message on their display. The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user…
Error codes: (-6073, -99001)
The general meaning of this error is that some other user is also opening or already opened the same company file using the single user mode.
What are the possible causes of QuickBooks error 6073, 99001?
This error is usually caused by any of the following:
- When a user will open this file on another computer by a single user mode.
- The file is located as to read on another network folder.
- All files are hosted via the Linux server & then use any more rather than one’s set as to login the credentials and sign into as shared folder.
- The file is being accessed through remote access software technology (LogMeln, GoToMyPc, etc). We host the computer and still see thought that the client that is already that was logged into it.
Read Also: Fixation of QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 83
Fixation of QuickBooks Error Code 6073, 99001
Comply below-mentioned point to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 6073, 99001 or contact to our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team to get instant help from our U.S based tech Advisors.
Solution 1: First download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor
- The very first step in this process is to download the most recent version of QuickBooks tool hub and then save the file where it can be accessed easily
- Once done with that open the file which was downloaded in the step above
- Perform the onscreen steps and install and agree to the terms and conditions
- Now, double click the icon on the windows and open the tool hub
- Choose the company file issues tab from the tool hub
- Now click on run QuickBooks file doctor tab or launch it manually
- The next step is to select the company file option from the drop down or browse for it
- Furthermore, pick the check your file option and click on continue tab
- The user is then required to enter admin password and hit next tab
Solution 2: Manually resolve the Error 6073, 99001
Condition 1: If the company file is open in Single User mode in another workstation
Try these points when a user see opens a company file into a single user mode at another workstation.
- Firstly close QuickBooks desktop in all PC’s.
- Open your “Company file” on to the “Host” computer.
- Navigate to the “File menu” and then choose “Switch to Multi-User mode“.
- Still, if getting the same issue then reboot your workstations.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 304?
Condition 2: If a Company file opened into a single user mode on to host the Device
- From the main “File menu“, choose an option of to “Close the Company“.
- Reopen your “Company file“.
- Navigate to the “File menu” and then choose “Open or Restore company“.
- Now choose to open a company File & then click to the Next button.
- Then select to open the “Company file” & then click to the “Next“.
- Choose your “Company file”.
- Choose to open the file into multi-user mode & then click to open it.
Condition 3: If your company file is located in a read-only network folder
- Firstly go to the computer system where is your company file hosted.
- Browse and then open the folder where your company file is saved.
- Give one right-click into the folder and select “Properties“.
- After that navigate to the “Security tab“.
- Select the user that has issues when log into file.
- Hit a click to “Edit” it.
- Check that box for “Allow” to a full control.
- To save changes click on “Apply” and then click to the “OK” key.
Condition 4: If the PC is get accessed by remotely via LogMeln, GoToMyPC, etc.
- Give one right click to the “Task bar” & then choose the “Task Manager“.
- Navigate to the “Processes tab“.
- Now check if the process is running under the user’s name from which you have issues with this.
- If there is a process under that user’s name, restart your PC.
Thus the process is now completed, In most of the cases, the above-stated methods will surely resolve this error for you.
Solution 3: Change the name of the corrupted or unavailable network data file
- Under this process, the user is required to open the windows explorer
- Later on, look for the folder that stores the QuickBooks company file
- Now right click the company file with network data and the QB company file extension
- After that modify the file extension from .old and then click on enter tab
- The next step is to open QuickBooks and company file
- Conclude the process is to make another network data file from the company file
Solution 4: Unhide the network data files and transaction log
- Here, one has to open my computer and then head to the tools menu and also click on folder
- Now, head to the view tab and click on show hidden files and folders
- Once done with that open the data folder to see the network data files and the transaction log
- The next step is to right click the network data file and select properties
- End the process by deleting the hidden option and also click on the ok tab
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6129, 0?
However, if you are still not able to get rid of from this QuickBooks error code 6073 or facing any other issue related to QuickBooks then contact to QuickBooks support & help number i.e., +1-844-318-0008 and talk with USA’s best accounting professionals that experienced and has excellent work knowledge in resolving countable hindrances avails for all-time.
Read more helpful articles: