Learn the easy fixation of QuickBooks error code 6073
The QuickBooks Enterprise 2018 Version is packed with a few of the most innovative attributes. This the reason that it is obtaining a growing number of famous nowadays. However there is few problems which users faced and complaint about this powerful software.
So today’s In this blog post, we are talking about one such error message i.e. QuickBooks Error Code 6073. Due to this error the QB users usually not able to open the company file. And get an error message on their display. The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user…
Error codes: (-6073, -99001)
The general meaning of this error is that some other user is also opening or already opened the same company file using the single user mode.
Read Also: Fixation of QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 83
What are the possible causes of QuickBooks error 6073, 99001?
This error is usually caused by any of the following:
- When a user will open this file on another computer by a single user mode.
- The file is located as to read on another network folder.
- All files are hosted via the Linux server & then use any more rather than one’s set as to login the credentials and sign into as shared folder.
- The file is being accessed through remote access software technology (LogMeln, GoToMyPc, etc). We host the computer and still see thought that the client that is already that was logged into it.
Fixation of QuickBooks Error Code 6073, 99001
Comply below-mentioned point to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 6073, 99001 or contact to our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team by dialing 1-844-405-0907 to get instant help from our U.S based tech Advisors.
Solution 1: First download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download and Run the QuickBooks File Doctor application and run it.
Solution 2: Manually resolve the Error 6073, 99001
Condition 1: If the company file is open in Single User mode in another workstation
Try these points when a user see opens a company file into a single user mode at another workstation.
- Firstly close QuickBooks desktop in all PC’s.
- Open your “Company file” on to the “Host” computer.
- Navigate to the “File menu” and then choose “Switch to Multi-User mode“.
- Still, if getting the same issue then reboot your workstations.
Condition 2: If a Company file opened into a single user mode on to host the Device
- From the main “File menu“, choose an option of to “Close the Company“.
- Reopen your “Company file“.
- Navigate to the “File menu” and then choose “Open or Restore company“.
- Now choose to open a company File & then click to the Next button.
- Then select to open the “Company file” & then click to the “Next“.
- Choose your “Company file”.
- Choose to open the file into multi-user mode & then click to open it.
Condition 3: If your company file is located in a read-only network folder
- Firstly go to the computer system where is your company file hosted.
- Browse and then open the folder where your company file is saved.
- Give one right-click into the folder and select “Properties“.
- After that navigate to the “Security tab“.
- Select the user that has issues when log into file.
- Hit a click to “Edit” it.
- Check that box for “Allow” to a full control.
- To save changes click on “Apply” and then click to the “OK” key.
Condition 4: If the PC is get accessed by remotely via LogMeln, GoToMyPC, etc.
- Give one right click to the “Task bar” & then choose the “Task Manager“.
- Navigate to the “Processes tab“.
- Now check if the process is running under the user’s name from which you have issues with this.
- If there is a process under that user’s name, restart your PC.
Thus the process is now completed, In most of the cases, the above-stated methods will surely resolve this error for you.
However, if you are still not able to get rid of from this QuickBooks error code 6073 or facing any other issue related to QuickBooks then contact to QuickBooks support & help number i.e. +1-844-405-0907 and talk with USA’s best accounting professionals that experienced and has excellent work knowledge in resolving countable hindrances avails for all-time.
Read more helpful articles: