Intuit launched the QuickBooks software to prevail the best accounting solution to the global business leaders. QuickBooks mainly focus on the mid-sized business houses, associations, and firms. It provides numerous features such as automatic payment schedule, business analysis reports, track inventory, and multi-user mode. But many users reported the H series error code frequently in the past few years. One of the most common error is QuickBooks error code H505…!
If you are also facing this error then this post can be of great help to you. However, if you are seeking for expert assistance or professional guidance, then in that case you can make a call at our toll-free number i.e. +1-800-880-6389. Our QuickBooks desktop support team will help you in fixing the issue in the best possible way.
You may also read: How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000?
What is QuickBooks Error code H505?
Error Code: H505
Error Description: This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
QuickBooks Error code H505 appear when the user tries to get the company files or data on another computer & that computer does not have proper establishment setup or the computer require additional installation or setup. The H series errors are related to the hosting settings problems. This error code appears on the screen, due to one or more of the user’s computers is set to be the QB server. It should be noted that the user’s computers can function in multi-user mode, but only the server is compatible to word in that way, i.e. system that hosts the company files, should be the only machine configured to act as the host.
What Causes QuickBooks Error code H505?
Check out the list of reasons of QuickBooks Error code H505:
- Firewall block the incoming & outgoing communication to the company file
- Hosting configuration settings are improper or incorrect
- QuickBooks files/folders cannot be scan with the Database server on the server
- Damaged, missed, or incorrect .nd file
- When QuickBooks cannot trace the IP address of the computer
- When the QuickBooksDBXX service is not running
- Incorrect DNS settings
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 3003?
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H505
- The very first symptom can be multi-user mode cannot be used.
- Also, QuickBooks program window gets crashed
- System crashes again and again
- Or Windows might become unresponsive and freeze periodically
- User fails to open the QuickBooks company file stored on the server
- Error code H505 flashes on the screen
Steps to Fix of QuickBooks Error Code H505
Try the below steps to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code H505:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Simply, download & run the QuickBooks File Doctor on the server. This will remove all the H – series & multi-user errors automatically. If the Error Code H505 is persisting, then apply the solution 2.
Solution 2: Verify services & hosting
Step 1: Firstly, You need to Verify the services
- Make sure that the QuickBooksDBXX & QBCFMonitor services are running:
- Hit the “Windows” or “Start” button
- Insert the key “Window+R” keys
- In the run box, enter “MSC” & press “Enter” tab
- In the service window, search for “QuickBooksDBXX service“
- Possibly, the QuickBooksDBXX service is not visible:
- Confirm that the Database Server Manager is installed on the server.
- Open the QuickBooks, if the user runs the full program on the server. In the end, make sure that the hosting is enabling by verifying it.
- Open the “QuickBooksDBXX” service confirm that startup type & service status has begun.
- Hit the “Recovery” tab
- Save the changes
See Also: What is QuickBooks error code 15271?
Step 2: Verify the hosting
- Open “QuickBooks” on each hosting computer
- Go to “File“, then “Utilities“
- If you can see the “Host Multi-User Access” on the list. This simply means that the computer is unable to host the file.
- If you can see an option like “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access“, choose it
- Go to the “Company“
- Choose “File Must Be Closed window”
- Click “Yes”
Solution 3: Editing the host file
- The very first step is to press “Windows + R” keys together to open the “Run window”
- And then, type in “cmd”, along with that hit “Enter” to open Command Prompt window
- The next step in the process is to type “ipconfig/all” and then hit enter to run the command
- The last step in this process is to write down the “Hostname and IP Address” somewhere. The user will have to repeat the process for all the system having multi-user setup.
After that, edit Windows Hosts file:
- Now, the user needs to “shut down QuickBooks” and then move to the “start menu”
- After that move to “This PC” and make sure to access: “C:\Windows \ System32 \ Drivers\ Etc or C:\Windows \ Syswow64\ Drivers\Etc“.
- The next step is to follow the hidden files and folders, in case the user is unable to find the windows folder in This PC.
- Click on “View tab” and then click on “hidden items”. The user will be able to see the hidden files
- And then right click on hosts file and then choose “Open” with and open it with notepad
- The next step is to fill in the IP Address and Computer Name. When the user enters the details, the user need to use the Tab key, rather than the spacebar to put spaces between the IP address and system name
- The last step is to save the changes and then reopen QuickBooks in multi-user mode
For Instant Support dial +1-800-880-6389!
This drives us to the end of this article, where we hope that the information shared above will help in fixing QuickBooks error code H505. Perhaps, the error still persists even after applying all the solutions mentioned above. In that case, all you require is the best QuickBooks enterprise support.