In today’s post, we are discussing about the most common arising error basically when we update, install, or to repair your QuickBooks accounting software into your system. This post describes how to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 15271 as under.
In any case, if you are not able to fix it by your own or you are getting any trouble while fixing it then you can take help from our experts that are highly skilled and have years of experience. You can contact them by dialing our QuickBooks Enterprise help number at +1-844-405-0907. So Feel free to call us to get fix this issue shortly.
Read also: How to fix Error -6000, -77 in QuickBooks?
What is QuickBooks payroll error 15271?
Generally, this error occurs when a user is updating/installing QuickBooks Desktop Version .i.e. QuickBooks Pro/Payroll/Desktop. You get one of the following error:
Error 15271: The payroll update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
Error 15271: The update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop:
What Causes QuickBooks Error 15271?
- Corrupt download or fragmented establishment of QuickBooks Pro software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a current QuickBooks Pro-related software change.
- Having an attack of Infectious malware contamination that has ruined Windows framework files or QuickBooks Pro-related program records.
- Another program perniciously or wrongly erased as related to this QuickBooks Pro-reports.
- Incorrect SSL of Internet Explorer browser.
Important Points to Remember
Before heading forward with the procedures to eliminate the issue, the user should keep the following points in mind.
- The very first thing is to open QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, head to the file menu.
- Followed by, clicking on the backup company option and also click on the create local backup.
- Once done with that, perform the onscreen steps and create a backup of the company file.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error code 15271
The following can be the signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error code 15271 that can help you in identifying the error.
- One of the basic signs can be if the system gets slow and QB software crashes now and then.
- Or if the windows OS works sluggishly.
- Another sign can be if the system shuts down again and again.
- Another sign for the same can be if the error message itself appears on the screen.
You may read: Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code -6000
Solution steps to resolve QuickBooks Error code 15271
Many times, this type of error can be resolved by turning off the UAC in Windows, then update your software again.
Solution 1: Turn Off UAC in Windows
To resolve this, you need to turn off the “User Account Control(UAC)” in “Windows“. Please follow the steps below:
✔ In Windows Vista:
- Firstly choose “Windows” option.
- Now select as “Control panel“.
- Type “UAC” in the given search dialog box. Hit the “Enter key” button.
- Now click to the turn user account control (UAC), “ON” or “OFF“.
- Click to the “Ok key” button.
- Finally reboot your device once.
✔ In Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Go to the “Control Panel” settings.
- In Windows 7: Choose Start > Control Panel.
- Windows 8: From the Start menu type Control Panel, then click Control Panel.
- In the search box, enter “UAC“.
- Click “Change User Account Control“ settings.
- To turn off the UAC: Move the slider to “Never notify“.
- Click “OK“. If you are prompted for the “Admin password” or confirmation, enter the password or provide confirmation. If want to make any changes, restart your system.
- Now turn as “ON” your UAC: Move the slider to when you want to be notified.
- Click to the “Ok key” button.
- Hopefully, this will help you in your critical time. If the error still persists there please restart your QuickBooks.
- If the QuickBooks Update Service message window appears, click “Install Later“, and then reset your “QB release update“.
Solution 2: Change the System Registry
- First of all, apply any registry repair system where a user can easily repair the harmed registry entries which are related to the QuickBooks applications.
- First press the “Start” key button.
- Then write a command in the given search dialog box. Don’t hit the enter key button.
- Now press or hold the “Ctrl + Shift” keys & hit the “Enter key” on your keyboard.
- A permission box opens, select to the “Yes” option.
- A black box will start a twinkle cursor.
- Then write “regedit” & then choose an option to hit the “Enter” key.
- Select the “failure 15271” (at which the file you want to take backup) from a registry editor.
- Now choose to “Export” from the main file menu.
- Select the folder where you want to save your data back up from the save option in the list.
- Save a file, & then assure the selected branch into your selected from the export range.
- Then fix the attack of malware contamination. Now utilize the malware expulsion system and then arrange the malware from your system.
- Now remove all undesirable as well as garbage records from a system (this will consists temp files & folders).
Solution 3: Clean Your Systems Junk Files
- Firstly Conduct a “full malware scan” on your computer.
- Clean all your “Junk files” (including temp files).
- Update your PC device drivers as instantly.
- Now try to utilize windows system to restore them and fix it as recently system changes.
- Uninstall or reinstall your QuickBooks pro app that is associated with this critical error 15271.
- Run your “Windows System File Checker” (‘sfc scannow”).
- Try to install all your latest windows updates.
- Finally perform a clean Installation of your Windows OS.
You might also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15227?
Solution 4: Update to the latest release of QuickBooks Desktop
- From the “Help menu“, choose the “Update QuickBooks” option.
- Now go to the “Options tab“, On the “Update QuickBooks window“.
- Turn on automatic updates by clicking on the “Radio button” for “Yes“.
- Now hit a click on “Close“.
- Your QuickBooks will now download the latest release update.
Solution 5: Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks in Selective Startup Mode
- First of all you need to Press “Windows” button with holding “R” key on your keyboard.
- This will open “Run” dialogue box will open.
- Type “msconfig” and then enter “OK” key.
- You need to choose it on “Selective Startup” under the general tab in main menu tab.
- Now choose “Load System Services“.
- After that go to the “Services” and then click on “hide all Microsoft services“
- Hit a click on “Disable all” tab
- Now uncheck “hide all Microsoft services“.
- To verify that the windows installer is marked as checked confirm the service list. If not then mark it check and hit a click on “OK“.
- Now hit a click on “Restart” Tab in your “System Configuration” option.
- Perform a “uninstallation” and then “reinstallation” of your QuickBooks once the computer system is restarted.
Solution 6: Using Safe Mode to Install Payroll Updates
The user can try installing payroll updates in safe mode using the steps below to fix the issue. The steps involved here are as follows:
- The very first step is to choose start tab and then select restart tab from the shutdown menu.
- Once done with that, press F8 key as windows reboot to display the advanced boot options screen.
- The next step is to click on safe mode and click on enter tab.
- The last step is to install the payroll updates after the widows restarts in safe mode.
We Hope you found this article helpful and also now you are able to fix the QuickBooks error 15271 by own. If you are not good in technical aspects or have any query related to your QuickBooks Software, you may ask it directly to our QuickBooks experts. Call us at our QuickBooks payroll technical support number i.e. +1-844-405-0907.
Other than the error message itself displaying on the screen, there can be bunch of other signs that can help in identifying the error. Here are a few symptoms:
1. Windows begins running slowly
2. Computers freeze on a timely basis for a few seconds.
3. The system crashes post encountering the error.
4. Windows face the latency issues and respond slowly to the given input
Yes, if UAC is turned off on the system, the the payroll update error code 15271 can be eliminated easily. The user can try fixing the issue using the steps below:
1. The user needs to press windows + R
2. Now, a run box will be visible.
3. The next step is to enter the control panel in search bar and then click on ok tab.
4. Navigate to the user accounts and again click on user accounts option.
5. Click on change user account control settings.
6. Select the never notify option.
7. The last step is to press ok tab and then reboot the system.
The user can try to fix the errors in QuickBooks by running a quick repair on the program. The steps listed below can surely help.
1. The very first step is to select program problems in the QuickBooks tool hub.
2. Now, choose quick fix my program.
3. The next step is to start QuickBooks desktop an open the data file.
Read more helpful articles