Learn what steps you should apply to fix QuickBooks error code 15222
Over the past few years, QuickBooks has become one of the best accounting software available today. In fact, it has changed the way accounting is done thus bringing a lot of benefits for its users. In fact, many small and medium business have been benefited from QuickBooks. However, as it is a robust software, it often crashes affected work. Many users face QuickBooks errors which can be a trouble especially if they are not resolved on time. One of the most common technical issue faced by users is QuickBooks Error code 15222.
In this article, we will discuss this error in details. However, if you have any questions or need any additional help seek assistance from QuickBooks error support service providers.
You may also see: How to Turn On Advanced Inventory in QuickBooks Enterprise?
What Causes QuickBooks Error 15222?
Users generally get the QuickBooks error code 15222 when they are trying to download a QuickBooks Payroll or trying to update the QuickBooks Desktop.
So, here are few of the reasons why this issue happens.
- Antivirus and firewall installed in the computer or Antispyware, antiadware, antimalware see the QuickBooks Desktop update as a threat.
- Internet Explorer not the default browser.
- The register digital signatures are not working, and they are the function of Internet Explorer.
When users get the error 15222, then they are not able to download the payroll or update QuickBooks Desktop. This is also because that the QuickBooks Payroll subscription is active in the computer
You will be able to download payroll or QuickBooks Desktop updates.
How to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 15222?
To resolve the QuickBooks error code 15222 follow the below mentioned steps.
Solution 1: Update your QuickBooks core data files
In case, your system has any antivirus or antispyware installed, then you will require to update the applications listed below to allow some exceptions.
- QB32.exe and qbupdate.exe process
- QuickBooks.com, Intuit.com and Payroll.com domains
Solution 2: Install a digital signature certificate
- First thing to do is close QuickBooks Desktop in your system.
- Users might not be able to see the digital signature if QuickBooks is opened.
- Now search for the ‘QBW32.exe file‘, and it is located in ‘C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks‘.
- Now right-click on ‘QBW32.exe‘, and select the ‘Properties‘ option.
- After this choose the ‘Digital Signature‘ tab and do ensure that you have selected the ‘Intuit Inc‘ from the signature list.
- Now choose the ‘Details‘ Option
- After this select the ‘View Certificate‘ option from the Digital signature details window.
- Now from the Certificate window choose the ‘Install Certificate‘.
- After this click on the ‘Next‘ tab once finish icon is displayed on your computer screen.
- Now go to ‘Finish‘ button.
- Once done reboot your system.
- Now open QuickBooks to easily download the updates.
- Download the updates again.
Solution 3: Verify your Internet connectivity
- You need to check your ‘internet connectivity‘ and ‘modem settings‘ once.
You may also consider: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6007?
Solution 4: Update Antivirus and Antimalware in Your System
Update antivirus, antispyware, anti malware in your computer and set the following exceptions by including the given domain – ‘QuickBooks.com’, ‘Intuit.com’, ‘Payroll.com’, ‘qbw32.exe’, and ‘qbupdate.exe’.
Solution 5: Turn Off Windows Firewall
Perform the following tips to turn off Windows Firewall:
- Click on ‘Start‘ button at the bottom left of your screen.
- Go to ‘Settings‘ option.
- Next, click ‘Windows Security‘ option.
- Click Open ‘Windows Security’ and then ‘Firewall and Network Protection‘ option.
- Choose ‘Public Network‘, ‘Domain‘, and ‘private Network‘ in sequence.
- Switch off the ‘Windows Defender Firewall‘ containing the network types.
Check the internet connectivity: Bypassing the router
- Remove the ‘Ethernet cable‘ that connects modem to the router.
- Next, plug that Ethernet cable directly into the system and ‘restart‘ the ‘router‘.
- Check if the system can recognize the system linked to it.
Solution 6: Use QuickBooks Tools Hub
QuickBooks Tools Hub can detect and fix many basic errors. Here is how you can use it:
- Download ‘QuickBooks Tools Hub‘ (if you already don’t have).
- Instigate the ‘installation‘ process.
- Close ‘QuickBooks‘.
- Open the file you downloaded.
- Start following the on-screen instructions and continue with the ‘installation’ process.
- Read and agree to the ‘terms and conditions’.
- After the installation process is complete, double-click on the icon to open the ‘Tool hub‘.
- Click on ‘Program‘ problems.
- Click ‘Quick fix my program‘.
- Open ‘QuickBooks Desktop‘.
- Open the ‘data file‘.
These steps are not that complicated, and users can easily fix the QuickBooks error code 15222. But if the problem persists then seek assistance from QuickBooks Payroll Support team 1-844-405-0907. You will get the feasible solution for your QuickBooks related problems from the accounting experts.
Few other helpful links