Certain errors in QuickBooks are associated with the company file, whereas others might associate with other components. Today, we are going to elaborate QuickBooks error code 15218, which is basically a payroll update error that can be seen due to misconfiguration of the internet settings. You can also come across similar issue if there is a damaged network file causing the error. This particular error belongs to the 15xxx series. This can be a bit tricky to eliminate. Thus, we have come up with this piece of writing sharing the complete set of information related to QuickBooks error 15218.
To learn further about this issue, make sure to stick around till the end. Or you also have an option to connect with our technical support team at +1-800-360-4183, and we will provide you with immediate support and guidance.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 301?
Why Does the QuickBooks 15218 Error Occurs?
Even though QuickBooks is an avantgarde software, users do face malfunctions and errors. One of the most common issues faced is QuickBooks error 15218. This type of errors comes in QuickBooks Error 15xxx Series Error. Generally this error code 15218 happens when users try to update their QuickBooks software.
Below are some of the factors that causes this error:
- Wrong configuration of the web browser like Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- The .ND file is corrupted or damaged.
- Problems created by the system firewall.
- QBCF monitor service problems.
QuickBooks is unarguably one of the best accounting software available but they do have some technical error at times. It is the latest upgrades or updates which help in solving the problems and bugs of the previous versions of QuickBooks. So, a simple way to fix technical errors is by updating the software.
What are the signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error 15218?
You can identify such an error using the below signs and symptoms. Let us explore:
- One of the basic signs can be unresponsive system when sending commands from mouse or keyboard.
- Another possible sign can be a warning message showing up on the screen- Unable to authenticate the signature: Error 15218.
- If the system gets damaged when the program is running.
- Also, if the system has become slow.
- When all the programs and applications are getting crashed every now and then.
- The system is unresponsive.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0?
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15218?
In case, you face the QuickBooks error code 15218, then you should first update the QuickBooks software to the latest version that is available and also check for windows update notifications. However, when you are updating, do ensure that you are logged into the system as the Administrator. However, if the problem is not fixed then try out the below mentioned steps.
Solution 1: Add Intuit URL as a trusted website
- First thing to do is log into the computer as the Administrator.
- Now right-click on the ‘Internet Explorer‘ to open it.
- At the top of the web browser in the right hand corner go to the internet option.
- Now you have to add the below mentioned websites in the ‘Trusted Site‘ Options.
- Now start your computer once again.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6150, -1006?
Solution 2: Clean Install QuickBooks Software
- First log in to the system as the Administrator for clean installation of QuickBooks.
- Now open the ‘Run‘ Command Windows in your computer by clicking on ‘Ctrl+R‘ from your keyboard.
- After this in the search area ‘appwiz.cpl‘
- Now choose the ‘OK‘ option.
- Click on the ‘Windows key along with R‘ on your keyboard
- After that, select the ‘QuickBooks 20xx CD‘ in the ‘CD drive‘ and then install the software again.
- Once done, run the clean install tool and then ‘reboot‘ the computer.
Solution 3: Fix internet settings
- The very first step is to close QuickBooks and other applications
- Once done with that, open internet explorer and move to the internet options menu.
- Now, click on the advanced tab and move to the security section.
- After that check the boxes for USE SSL 2.0 and USE SSL 3.0.
- Uncheck the box for check for publisher’s certificate revocation.
- The next step is to click on apply tab and hit ok tab.
- Towards the end, reboot the system and try updating QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Disable Firewall Temporarily
Firewall can block the functionality leading to such an error. Thus, try performing the steps below to temporarily disable the firewall. The steps involved are:
- The very first step is to click on the start menu.
- Further, type in firewall
- The next step is to click on windows firewall
- You now have to turn off Microsoft Defender Firewall with Network Types.
Solution 5: Install latest digital signature certificate
- Initially, you need to proceed to Drive:/Program Files/Intuit/QuickBooks/QBW32.exe
- Now, right click QuickBooks executable file to pick the properties tab.
- After that, click on the digital signature tab.
- The next step is to select Intuit Inc.
- Also, click on details.
- Move to the digital signature details and click on view certificate.
- And then, choose install certification in the certificate section.
- The next step is to click on the next tab.
- Towards the end, click on finish tab.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15222?
These two solutions can easily fix the QuickBooks error code 15218. But if the problem doesn’t get solved then seek help from the QuickBooks Payroll support team to get a quick and effective solution. Dial our toll free number today +1-800-360-4183. We will feel more happy to help you out in this.
You May also like:
Some FAQs Related to this Topic
Yes, QuickBooks error code 15218 can affect your payroll processing if it prevents the software from updating properly. It is important to address this error as soon as possible to ensure that your payroll processing continues.
The time it takes to fix QuickBooks error code 15218 depends on the cause of the issue and the complexity of the solution. Some simple fixes take a few minutes, while others may take longer. If you need urgent assistance, you can call our toll-free number +1-800-360-4183 to get expert help.
To prevent QuickBooks error code 15218 from happening again, you can make sure that your internet connection is stable and that your QuickBooks software is updated regularly. You can also run antivirus and malware scans on your computer to ensure that there are no security issues. If you need more tips on preventing this error, you can reach out to our toll-free number +1-800-360-4183 for expert advice.