Resolving QuickBooks Error 15102 when downloading payroll or QuickBooks Desktop Update
One of the common QuickBooks Error is 15102 which users often get when downloading a payroll or update QuickBooks desktop. In this article we will discuss about its possible causes as well as ways to fix this error. After applying these given steps, you will able to download the latest payroll update and QuickBooks Desktop update.
Why QuickBooks error 15102 happens?
- When QuickBooks Desktop is running in a terminal services environment in the multi-user mode.
- When a specified download location is inaccessible or invalid and the shared Download is turned on.
- This issue also happens if the user is not logged in as Windows Administrator or running the application as Administrator and using Windows Vista.
Signs of QuickBooks error code 15102
The signs listed below can indicate QuickBooks error code 15102:
- The error itself shows up on the screen when trying to update the payroll
- The update for your QuickBooks payroll subscription service cannot be downloaded
- Or the QuickBooks freezes periodically for a few seconds and the PC performs slowly
- The system responds slowly to the keyboard or mouse inputs
How to to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 15102?
Below are the steps you need to follow to resolve this issue. Once it gets sorted you will be able to download and the latest payroll update and QuickBooks Desktop update. And you also need an active payroll subscription.
Important: The error may happen if you are not using the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop. In that case you have to reset your program then update and download the latest table tax again.
1. If you are using multi-user mode then switch to the single user mode
- The very first step is to log out every user on the network before using the QuickBooks in multi user mode
- Launch the QuickBooks on the system that is having issues with the payroll updates
- Now, hit the file menu and opt for switch to single user mode
- The last step is to update QuickBooks payroll and observe whether the solution helped in fixing the issue
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15107?
2. Do ensure that the mapped file location is correct
- In order to open the Product Information window press ‘CTRL +1‘ and then find the mapped path for example ‘[x]:\[folder name]\[data file name]‘ and write it down.
- Select ‘Help‘ and Update QuickBooks.
- Now you have to click on the ‘Options tab‘ and ensure that the information in Download location is correct.
- Also note that the drive in the download location should be same drive that appears in the Product Information window if shared Download is set to ‘Yes‘.
- Even the directory in the ‘Download Location‘ should be same as the QuickBooks Desktop Installation directory and when shared it is set to ‘NO‘.
- In case the location is incorrect then change the state of the location and choose one of the following.
- Select ‘No‘ for Shared Download if ‘Yes‘ is selected for Shared Download. Click on ‘Save‘ but if ‘No‘ is selected for shared download then choose ‘Yes‘.
- Now click on ‘Save‘.
- After this Click close and download the latest tax table again.
See also: How to Fix QuickBooks Event log Error 4 Like a Pro?
3. Remap the drive to a new letter if the download location is correct
- First thing to do is close QuickBooks Company File.
- Now remap your network drive to a new letter.
- Open your company file by using new mapped-drive letter.
- After this select ‘Help‘ and then ‘Update QuickBooks‘.
- Now ‘Click‘ on the ‘Options‘ tab.
- Now turn the shared Download off and then back on again.
- Also check if the download location is using the new mapped-drive letter.
- Click on ‘Save‘ and then ‘Close’.
- After this is done download the latest tax table again.
You may also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6176?
4. If you continue to have issues with Windows Vista, run QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator
- First right-click on the QuickBooks icon and choose ‘Run as Administrator‘ from the Desktop.
- Now click on continue when the ‘User Account Control‘ asks you to run this application.
- After this reset the QuickBooks updates.
5. Try updating the QuickBooks payroll in safe mode
This method will ensure that the update process doesn’t get disrupted by some other conflicting software. In order to access the system in safe mode, restart the system and keep clicking on the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options window appears on the screen. One can type ‘’msconfig’’ in the start menu and then opt for Safe Mode, followed by restarting the system. After that, select Safe Mode with the Networking option and also click on the Enter key. Head as usual by launching the QuickBooks software and attempting to update the QuickBooks payroll.
6. Resetting all existing update
- The user needs to open the QuickBooks and thereafter proceed to the help option and choose the update QuickBooks desktop
- Now, select the reset update QuickBooks desktop option and unselect all the mentioned options to get rid of all previous updates
- The last step is to close the QuickBooks desktop and also reboot the system
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 17337?
I hope this article help you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15102, If still the problem persists then you can give us a call in our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-405-0907. Our QuickBooks Payroll Support experts will help you by giving a quick solution to it.
One can try to fix the payroll errors in QuickBooks using the steps below:
1. The first step is to click on the help menu
2. And choose the about QuickBooks
3. The next step is to press Ctrl + Alt + Y and then click on next tab
4. Now, in the employee summary information window and choose the employee that was underpaid
5. Double click the employee’s name
6. Review the ytd adjustment details
7. The last step is to click on ok tab
QuickBooks Payroll is a cloud-based payroll software that permits to pay employees, file payroll taxes and manage employee benefits and HR in one place. The software saves time by automatically calculating, filing and paying federal and state payroll taxes.
The user can perform any of the processes below:
1. Uninstall/Reinstall QuickBooks desktop
2. Restore your system
3.Verify the system’s date and time
4. Make changes to the internet options
5. Make use of the registry editor
The user needs to first open QuickBooks desktop and head to the help menu. After that choose update QuickBooks desktop and choose update now tab. Also, choose the reset update checkbox.
Read More Article From Here:
Learn why to upgrade your QuickBooks point of sale
What is QuickBooks error code 6105?