QuickBooks is widely used accounting software which is quite hassle-free and streamlines and smoothens the daily business tasks of a business. Having a number of great features, QuickBooks is quite complex software but it does satisfy all the accounting needs of a business and streamlines their process.
But due to its features and wide range of options, it is very prone to errors which can be due to any of the technical glitches which are quite difficult to fix. QuickBooks Error 6105 is one such error. In this article, we have given you the tips to resolve this error, but prior to this, you need to know about this error and learn about the roots of this issue.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15218?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6105?
QuickBooks Error 6105 is quite common while using QuickBooks desktop. This error is known as Condense Data Error as it occurs when the company fie is destroyed. To create space for the new files in the system, this step is taken. But in this process, some files do get damaged. You can contact our experts at our QuickBooks helpline .i.e. +1-800-360-4183 if you need some help.
Along with QuickBooks error code 6105, you may have also faced unspecified error like 80004005 or 80004003. These codes vary as their troubleshooting methods are different.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6105
- When the company file is not visible in the system.
- QuickBooks is not authentic with the server.
- There is a problem with the installation of the program.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15227?
How to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6105?
Below are some quick hacks to fix QuickBooks error code 6105. However, if you are not tech savvy and want an expert’s help to resolve this error – We recommend you to get in touch with QuickBooks error support team by dialing toll-free +1-800-360-4183. Let’s start the troubleshooting:
Solution 1: Restart Computer:
Sometimes, restarting the system resolves many errors. So, just shut down your computer and database server, and then, restart them to check if it resolves the error.
Solution 2: Recreate company files:
If restarting doesn’t help, recreate company files to resolve this data error (Ensure that you are running QuickBooks as an Admin):
- First of all, Visit company file
- Select ‘Utilities’
- Select the option with which you get authority to reset the company file
- Click on Verify to check the hosting of company file
- Let the rebuilding happen.
Check This Out: How to Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 6155, 0?
Solution 3: Copy QuickBooks Data File:
Now, copy the QuickBooks data file on your system and open it. In case you are able to open the company file, it indicates that the error isn’t present anymore.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks:
Sometimes, none of the above methods work and then, you should try to repair or reinstall QuickBooks. Follow the steps below:
- Click on Programs and Features in the Control Panel
- Now, find QuickBooks in Programs and Features and Uninstall it
- While uninstalling, an option to repair QuickBooks will appear, click on that
- Now, run the prompts
Solution 5: Basic Troubleshooting steps
- The very first step is to copy the particular company file to your desktop
- And then try to open the file in QuickBooks
- Also, try to rename the files that relate to QuickBooks and reboot the system
- This will resolve the issue up to certain extent
Another Helpful Article: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6150, -1006?
Solution 6: Verify and Rebuild Data Utility
In certain situations, damaged or corrupted company files can trigger certain errors, and the same theory is applicable in the case of QuickBooks error code 6105. You can try verifying and rebuilding the data utility, in order to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 6105 permanently.
- Start by opening the file tab and head to the utilities option there.
- Later on, go for the verify data option and click on the ok tab to run the tool.
- Note that this process might take time to complete.
- After the process ends, you will the following message on the screen:
- QuickBooks detected no problems with your data, which means there is no issue. A particular error message will ask you to perform the on-screen prompts.
- Your data has lost integrity
- Furthermore, you need to head to the file again and then go for utility.
- Make sure to choose rebuild data this time.
- Heading forward, create a backup for the file and let the tool start running.
- After the message “rebuild has completed” appears on the screen, you can close the window and launch QuickBooks.
Solution 7: Change the extension of the QuickBooks support files
Any sort of damage in the QuickBooks files can be eliminated if the current files are made void and new ones are created. Thus, it is suggested to perform the steps to alter the extensions of the QuickBooks support files to avoid any sort of further issue. The steps that can be performed in this process are as follows:
- You need to first open the folder that holds the QuickBooks files.
- After that, look for the below stated support files-
- Network data file – company file name .nd
- Transaction log file – company file name .tlg
- Choose the file among them and then right click and select rename.
- Heading forward, enter .OLD extension at the end of the file name, and perform the steps for the other support file:
- Company file name.nd.OLD.
- Company file name.tlg.OLD.
- You can now save the change and close the window.
- Furthermore, try to access the company file in QuickBooks and check if the error persists.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152?
Once the steps are done, restart the system. This will save the changes you made. Now, open the QuickBooks file and check if the errors have been resolved. In case you find the error is not resolved or the troubleshooting steps are not working for your case, contact the experts at our QuickBooks Support Phone Number ++1-800-360-4183 for proper guidance.
We offer expert solutions and easy steps to combat the data related and other errors related to QuickBooks and protect them.
You may also like:
QuickBooks error code 6105 associates with a damaged company file. You can come across similar issue due to creating space by archiving the company files. As a result of this issue, you might not be able to compress the company files.
It is possible to fix a corrupted company file by performing the steps related to using rebuild data tool.
· Begin with heading to the file menu.
· Further, hover over the utilities tab and choose rebuild data.
· You can now move to the QuickBooks information window and hit ok tab.
· Later on, let the tool repair your file.
· And also, after the tool finishes, choose ok tab.
· Head to the file menu and let the tool check your file for any data issues.
You can try fixing this issue by performing the set of steps listed below:
· At first, check for CryptoWall.
· You can also try to create a new QuickBooks company file to fix the issue
· Moreover, you can try restoring the backup of the company file.
· Another possible step is to use the ADR tool and the file doctor tool to fix the issue.