Easy Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Connectivity Error Code 12057
Over the past few years, QuickBooks has managed to become a core accounting software helping all scale businesses to manage their accounting and bookkeeping tasks. Its features and functionalities have helped the users to perform their tasks with more accuracy and efficiency. However, QuickBooks software is prone to certain fixable technical snags. One such bug that is often reported by QuickBooks users is QuickBooks error code 12057. The error code shows that it belongs to the 12xxx error series. Such errors are often experienced due to the internet connectivity issues, especially when you are trying to update the QuickBooks software. Generally, the QuickBooks error 12000 series is reported by the Microsoft Win32 Internet application programming interface (API). Winlnet API is used by QuickBooks Desktop to access the standard internet protocols such as HTTP, FTP, and Gopher. The 12000 series of errors appear while downloading or receiving the updates. Other than the 12057, a bunch of other errors belong to this error series.
Just like every other QuickBooks error, the error code 12057 can also be resolved using some set of steps. In this segment, we are going to elaborate the steps involved in eliminating the error code 12057 from its root cause. Thus, make sure you stick around till the end, or call us at 1-844-405-0907, and let our QuickBooks support professionals help you with the fixation of the error permanently.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Banking Error 102?
List of QuickBooks Error 12000 Series
Check out the list of QuickBooks 12000 series error and its causes:
- From QuickBooks Error Code 12001 to 12006: These error codes appear when the QuickBooks unable to complete the update. To resolve these errors, you should verify that the internet connection is working properly.
- Error Code 12007: The QuickBooks error code 12007 appears when the QB unable to trace the IP address of the server. To fix this issue, it is recommended for you to check the internet connection is fine.
- QB Error Code 12008 to 12164: The QuickBooks error code between error 12008 to error 12164 appears when the QuickBooks unable complete the update. You can fix this issue by simply checking if the internet connection is good or not.
- QuickBooks Error 12052: It is a nonspecific error message that can be easily solved by checking the internet connection.
What may causes QuickBooks connectivity error 12057?
There are certain factors triggering such an error in QuickBooks. Let us have a look:
- You have an internet connection
- Unable to connect with Intuit servers for updates or transmissions
- QuickBooks fails to communicate with Intuit Servers
- Incorrect Network SSL configuration settings
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3003?
Solution of QuickBooks Error Code 12057
Below are the steps to solve the QuickBooks Connectivity Error Code 12057:
Step 1: Configure your Computer’s Internet Settings
- Close or shutdown the QuickBooks
- Open or turn on the Internet Explorer
- Go to Tools => Internet Options
- Choose the Advanced
- Now Go to the Security group & scroll down
- Click on the “Check for server certificate revocation” & “Check for publisher’s certificate revocation” to clear the checkbox
- Close & reopen the Internet Explorer
- Minimize the Internet Explorer
- Open the QuickBooks software again
- Attempt payroll updates again
After following all the steps mentioned above, open a web browser or website you don’t generally visit to check the internet connection outside of the QuickBooks. If you are unable to view the website or web page, the problem is with Internet connection outside of the QuickBooks.
If you are able to see the website, follow the below steps
- In the QuickBooks, go to ‘Help‘ =>’Internet Connection Setup‘
- Choose to ‘Use my computer’s Internet connection settings‘ to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet. Select ‘Next‘
- Go to ‘Advanced Connection Settings‘. Choose the ‘Advanced‘
- Go to the ‘Security group‘ make sure that the Use ‘SSL 2.0‘ & Use ‘SSL 3.0‘ options are selected
- Choose ‘OK‘. Select ‘Done‘
- Check the ‘Internet Security‘ & ‘Personal Firewall setting configuration‘
Step 2: Correct your system date and time
QuickBooks Updates always come with a date of release associated with them. If the date and time on your system is incorrect, it can restrict the update process and trigger QuickBooks Error code 12057. The following are the steps to fix system date and time.
- Close QuickBooks desktop
- Open ‘Control Panel’ and then click ‘Clock and Region‘
- Click ‘Date and Time‘ and make changes
- Open QuickBooks and try Payroll Update again
Step 3: Install Microsoft and QuickBooks Updates
- Close any QuickBooks related program
- Close QuickBooks
- Install ‘Microsoft Windows Operating System updates‘
- Your computer should restart after the installation is over
- ‘Restart‘ manually if the system doesn’t restart
- Open QuickBooks and then ‘Help’ menu
- Select ‘Update QuickBooks desktop‘
- Select ‘Options‘ tab and click checkbox for ‘Yes enable QuickBooks Automatic Updates‘
- Click ‘Mark All‘
- Next, Select ‘Update Now‘ Tab and then ‘Get Updates‘
- Wait for updates to complete
- Close QuickBooks after the updates are installed
Step 4: Access the PC as an admin
- Initiate the process by heading to the user accounts section within the control panel.
- Once done with that, one needs to check if the currently logged-in user has all the privileges of the admin within the user account option.
- Later on, the user needs to grant all admin privileges to the user, if not already.
- Towards the end, right click on the QuickBooks icon and then click on the option to run as admin.
- The last step is to head to the help menu and try updating QuickBooks.
Step 5: Use Safe Mode to Update QuickBooks
In case none of the steps above worked, then make use of the safe mode to update QuickBooks and try to fixing the issue.
- The very first step is to reboot the system.
- After that, click on F8key till the advanced boot options show up on the boot screen.
- Once done with that, select the safe mode with the networking option and click on enter key.
- After the desktop screen loads, make sure to open QuickBooks and try updating the accounting program.
- To update QuickBooks desktop, open QuickBooks desktop.
- Head to the help menu and choose update QuickBooks desktop.
- Once done with that click on update now tab.
- After that, check the box next to reset update to clear the previous update download.
- The user needs to click on get updates to download the latest updates.
- When the download completes, close and reopen QuickBooks desktop.
- The next step is to click on yes to install the updates.
- Once he installation is complete, reboot QuickBooks desktop.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1317?
If the QuickBooks Connectivity Error Code 12057 still persists, then you can contact the QuickBooks Payroll support team instantly. Or you can directly make a call to the certified team of experts at +1-844-405-0907. Our efficient and certified team at Host Docket are here to solve all the issues related to QuickBooks Errors, Installation Errors, Update Errors, QuickBooks data recovery and other.
The user can try fixing the error using the steps below:
1. The very first step is to configure the SSL settings correcting the internet settings.
2. After that update QuickBooks in safe mode.
3. The next step is to access QuickBooks and the PC as admin.
TLS basically stands for Transport Layer Security. It is a cryptographic protocol employed to enhance the security over the computer networks.
The user can make use of the below steps to use TLS 1.2.
1. The very first step is to run QuickBooks desktop.
2. After that, click on the help tab.
3. The next step is to choose the internet connection setup.
4. Once done with that, head to the advanced tab.
5. Followed by clicking on the advanced connection settings option.
6. Now, head to the security tab.
7. Also, click on the options to enable SSL 1.2.
8. And also, click on ok tab.
9. The last step is to click on done.
Few other helpful topics
How to Solve QuickBooks Error 1335?
How to Exporting or Importing IIF Files in QuickBooks?