Here’s we have explored the way to resolve QuickBooks error code 15107
QuickBooks error code 15107 shows up when the QuickBooks is damaged. Well, payroll errors are usually experienced when updating or installing payroll. However, this particular technical glitch can also be seen when the user experiences any registry issues. In this article today, we are going to discuss the complete information about the QuickBooks payroll update error 15107, its triggers, and solutions.
You may get the following error message on your desktop screen:
Thus, if you are interested in learning the complete set of steps to eliminate QuickBooks error 15107 permanently, make sure to read the piece of writing till the end. You can also consult our tech support professionals at +1-800-360-4183 and they will provide you with immediate support and assistance.
You may see also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6189, 816
What Instigates QuickBooks Error 15107?
As we mentioned earlier, there can be certain factors, particularly triggering the QuickBooks error 15107. So, here is a list of the most common factors.
- One of the major reasons can be if the payroll files are damaged or corrupted
- In case any damage occurs to the registry files then you might experience this issue
- The user can also end up in this particular error if the firewall configurations are blocking the connection
- Moreover, if the software update closes abruptly then it could land you into such an error
Common signs of QuickBooks Error code 15107
Identifying the error becomes easy, once you are aware of the signs and symptoms. Check out the common signs of the QuickBooks error code 15107.
- An error message popping up on the screen is a common sign of this error
- In case the update file cannot be accessed, then it indicates QuickBooks error code 15107
- Moreover, if the software isn’t properly configured to the newest version, then you might come across this issue
Comprehensive solutions to QuickBooks Error 15107
Once you are aware of the factors triggering and signs to identify the issue, it is time for you to perform the necessary steps to eliminate the error permanently. Here are some of the most effective steps that you can implement.
Read also: Fix QuickBooks Update Error Code 1328
Technique 1: Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks in selective startup
- Initially open the run box.
- Followed by clicking on Windows + R keys
- You further have to type MSCONFIG and click on ok tab
- Later on, look for the general tab and select it
- Now choose selective startup mode.
- Followed by unmarking the load startup items option.
- Click on the ok tab
- And also hit the restart option.
- Now, Uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Once you are done with that perform the steps for switching to normal startup mode
- Hit the apply and ok tabs respectively
- And also reboot the system to save changes
- At first, enter msconfig and click on ok tab after accessing windows + R
- And click on select normal startup option
Technique 2: Install digital signature certificate
- along this process, the user needs to head to the following path: C:\Program files (x86)\ Intuit\QuickBooksXX (XX means the QuickBooks version being used)
- Followed by typing QBW.exe in the search bar
- The next step is to right click the QBW32.exe file from the open list and also click on properties
- Now, the user should find the digital signatures
- And select intuit from the list
- Followed by clicking on the details tab
- Also, go for the view certificate tab and also the install certificate option
- The user should then hit the finish tab
- And reboot the system to update the changes
- Now, try to download the update to check , issue is resolve
Technique 3: Download the QuickBooks update again to fix the error code 15107
- Here, the user needs to first shut down QuickBooks
- After that head to the path: “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks <version>\Components”
- Once done with that look for the folder with name “DownloadQBxx”, where the xx is the version of QuickBooks desktop.
- Followed by changing the folder name to “DownloadQBxx.OLD”.
- After that reopen QuickBooks
- And also click on help tab
- The user should then head to update QuickBooks desktop
- And also click on update now tab
- The next step is to reset the updates and check box to roll back the update
- After that download the latest updates and wait for the process to finish
Technique 4: Restart your computer system
At times a basic restart of the system can work in eliminating the error permanently. Thus, we suggest you try to reboot the system once and then check if the error continues.
Technique 5: Run reboot.bat file
Did you know that running the batch file named Reboot.bat in the QuickBooks folder can effectively fix the issue. The steps that can be performed in such scenario are as follows:
- Head to the QuickBooks folder.
- You can right click on QuickBooks icon and click on the properties tab to choose open file location tab.
- Once in the QuickBooks folder, look for reboot.bat file and then right click and select run as admin tab.
- Wait for the process to end.
- And towards the end, run QuickBooks and try the update process again by clicking on the help tab and selecting the update QuickBooks desktop option.
Technique 6: Perform a QuickBooks Clean Installation
- The very first step in this process is to download clean install tool and save it on the desktop
- After that double click the QuickBooks_clean_install_utility.exe file to open the setup file
- The next step is to click on the permission dialog box after going through the license agreement
- This will direct you to another box, where you need to click on it and also select the continue tab
- Once done with that click on ok tab and this would resolve the issue
Technique 7: Normal startup mode
You can try switching to normal startup mode using the steps below:
- At first, try to access the run box by pressing windows + R.
- Further, enter msconfig and click on ok tab.
- You now have to look for normal startup mode and click on it.
- Also, click on the apply tab and hit ok tab.
- Lastly, reboot the system to save changes.
Technique 8: Download and install QuickBooks tool hub
To make error fixing easier for the users, Intuit has provided the users with QuickBooks tool hub, which is a one-stop solution to all your QuickBooks tool needs. You can download the QuickBooks tool hub using the steps below:
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub from the official Intuit website.
- After that save the file where you can access it easily.
- Now, double-click the QuickBookstoolhub.exe file and start the installation process.
- The installation process might take time and would require you to perform the onscreen tasks.
- Double-click the tool hub icon to open it.
Access Quick Fix My program
- From Tool hub, select the program problem tab.
- And choose to run Quick fix my program option.
- Wait for the tool to complete its task.
- And after it is complete, reboot the system.
Access QuickBooks file doctor tool
- In the tool hub, choose the company files issue tab.
- After that, click on the file doctor program and run the program.
- You now have to choose the name of the company in which an error occurs from the list.
- Also, check the file and network.
- You can further press the continue tab.
- And also enter the admin password.
- Heading forward, scan the folder which contains the company file.
- And wait for the scan process to end.
- Check if the issue still exists or not.
Technique 9: Configure internet explorer and security
You can try to configure the Internet Explorer and security protocol by performing the steps below:
- At first, open Internet Explorer on the system.
- After that right-click the settings tab.
- Followed by selecting tool option in settings.
- And further, click on internet options in the tools dropdown menu
- You need to further click on the security tab.
- In the internet option, check the website zone.
- Now, check for the system date and time and also the cipher strength.
- Lastly, update the settings of internet explorer.
Coming towards the end of the segment, we believe that the reader might be able to eliminate the QuickBooks error code 15107 successfully using the set of steps listed above. You may reach out to our 24/7 QuickBooks Payroll error support professionals connect with our tech professionals right away at +1-800-360-4183 who work round the clock in providing instant support and assistance for all QuickBooks issues.
Other helpful topics:
You can face QuickBooks error code 15107 when you are unable to download the payroll updates. It appears on the screen stating “The payroll can’t be initialized”. You can also experience this issue if the Internet Explorer settings are set incorrectly.
In case you can across the error code 15107 due to some minor issue, then it can be resolved by performing a mere reboot or else you can go for clean installation.
You can fix the payroll error 15107 by:
1. Exit QuickBooks
2. Access QuickBooksXX components by heading to C:/Program/Data/Intuit.
3. The version of QuickBooks is shown by XX.
4. Launch the QuickBooks desktop software and go for the update QuickBooks desktop option under the help menu.
5. You can then click on the update now tab.
6. And further click on reset update and get updates option
7. Wait for the process to end and reboot the system.