QuickBooks is a leading accounting software, trusted by millions of small and medium-sized businesses. It’s a multi-tasking software that helps business persons to generate invoices, accept payments, pay employees, track inventories, etc. Though QuickBooks is an innovative software, it does face errors at times. Errors may appear while installing it or running it on your system. Some issues also arise while updating and upgrading the software, for example, QuickBooks Error 15101.
In this blog post we have discussed about QuickBooks Error Code 15101 – Know when does this error code occurs and how you can fix this error.
When Does QuickBooks Error 15101 Occurs?
This error happens when you use QuickBooks Premier Software. If you regularly use QuickBooks payroll subscription, then you can connect to the internet through it and have access to secure websites to work. Talking QuickBooks payroll error 15101, it’s a run-time error which should be fixed immediately, or it may cause further issues. You can fix this error immediately with the help of QuickBooks Payroll support team.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15101?
You can follow the below-mentioned solutions if you receive QuickBooks Error 15101:
Solution 1: Install Digital Signature Certificate
- Download and Install digital signature certificate in your system.
- Search and find ‘QBW32.exe file‘ (It should be located in ‘C:\Program File\Intuit\QuickBooks)’.
- Windows 7 users can go to ‘Windows Search‘ option.
- Click ‘More Results‘ in windows search.
- On next screen, click on ‘Computer‘ icon.
- In search box, type ‘QBW32.EXE‘ that has a type of application.
- Do a right click on ‘QBW32.exe‘ and select ‘Properties‘.
- Select ‘Digital Signature‘ tab and make sure you have selected Intuit Inc. from the signature list.
- Now click on ‘Details‘.
- Choose ‘View certificate‘ in digital signature details window.
- Go to ‘Certificate Window‘ and choose ‘Install Certificate‘.
- Click ‘Next‘ until you get a dialog box with ‘Finish‘ option.
- Hit a click on ‘Finish‘ option.
- Restart your computer.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Download the update one again.
Solution 2: Run reboot.bat files
Running reboot.bat files may enable you to re-register .DLL, .OCX and other product files in Windows.
- Close QuickBooks application.
- Right-click on QuickBooks icon and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and click on Open File Location.
- Find a reboot.bat or reboot file from the list on your screen.
- Right-click on reboot.bat (file) and select Run as administrator.
- Click Yes to get user account permission. Now a CMD (black) window will open and display a different file scrolling.
- Restart your computer.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and click Install to download the latest updates, if any.
Also See: Steps to Fix QuickBooks error code 15218
Solution 3: Check Internet Explorer Settings
- Open Run window by pressing the Windows and R keys on the keyboard and type INETCPL.CPL on the open box and click OK.
- Select the General tab, click on Delete and then select Temporary Internet Files and Website Files.
- Then Delete again.
- Select the Connections tab and click on LAN settings.
- Detect settings and press OK.
- Next, go to the Advanced tab, scroll down to the security section and check if TLS 1.2 is checked and TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 unchecked.
Solution 4: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install tool.
Solution 5: Safe mode
Important Note: When you remain in a safe mode, Windows operating systems has the most lowest number of drivers should needed to work.
If you are making use of Windows and also attached to the Internet with a high-speed link. You could be able to restart the system in safe mode setting with networking mode.
Restart the system after that
- After selecting ‘Safe Mode with Networking‘, select which operating system you want to use to restart.
- Click on the ‘Enter‘ key.
- At the immediate to select a ‘login‘, Now select the ‘System Administrator‘, which will give you access to all computer programs.
- Now Enter the ‘Administrator password‘.
- After that Select the ‘Yes‘ option, when specific to work in a safe mode setting.
- Next, Open your QuickBooks and also attempt the task once more that was failed.
- Finally, Restart the system after that.
We hope that the solution in this article should help you in fixing the QuickBooks Error code 15101. In case you still have this error you can contact QuickBooks Customer Support. Reach us at our toll free +1-844-405-0907. Our experts are available 24*7 and we have a reputation of offering quick and precise solutions.
You might also like: