Want to know what it takes to deal with QuickBooks error code 15104? Well, if yes, then your search ends right here. In today’s article, we will be discussing in detail the complete set of steps that can be performed so as to deal with the QuickBooks error code 15104. This error can be seen due to damaged windows registry. The user can also experience similar issue when updating QuickBooks to the latest release.
There can be a handful of factors causing such an error, which we will be discussing later in this post. Thus, if you are interested in finding what causes such an error and what effective measures can be performed to deal with such an error, then going through this article till the end will definitely work. However, if there is any query, or if the user is stuck at any point of time, then contacting our QuickBooks technical support team at +1-844-318-0008 is recommended. We are a team of technically sound QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services immediately.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15212?
What drives the user into QuickBooks error code 15104?
The user can end up in such an error due to the below stated reasons. Let us have a look:
- An incomplete installation of QuickBooks software can drive the user to such an error
- Another possible factor can be if the user is making use of Multi user mode
- Moreover, in case of damaged windows registry such an error can be experienced
Important points to remember
The user is suggested to keep certain points in mind and perform some steps before heading to the actual fixation methods. The user can look for the below steps.
- The very first step is to press ctrl + 1 and then open the product information window
- Once done with that, the user should select help and update QuickBooks
- Lastly, click on option tab and ensure that the information in the download location is correct
Effective measures to fix QuickBooks error code 15104
The user can carry out the below set of steps to fix the QuickBooks error code 15104. Let us have a look:
Process 1: Make use of a third party cleaner program
- At first, the user should download and install a third party cleaner software on the system
- Once done with that run the software on windows
- This will scan the system and if it finds any issue in the registry entry, then it will fix the same
- The user should the ensure that the system is backed up and is rebooted
Process 2: System restore
- The user can start the process by opening the system restore window on the system
- And also selecting the restore point
- The next step is to click on to the option scan for affected programs
- And also click on next tab and then hit finish to complete restore process
- It should be noted that the system restore would not affect in any way the personal files in the system
See this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3140?
Process 3: Installing and uninstalling QuickBooks in selective startup mode
This process involves some sub steps. Let us have a look:
Step 1: Preparing the data
- At first, the user should create a backup of your data
- And then the user should keep a copy of the QuickBooks desktop product and license number ready
Step 2: The next step is to start the system in selective startup mode
- The user will first have to open the run tab and press windows + R
- If the dialog box is seen the user would have to type in the mconfig and click on to the ok tab
- No, move to general tab and choose selective startup and load system services
- In the next step, the user will have to head to the service tab and select hide all Microsoft services
- And choose disable all tab
- The user should also ensure that the hide all Microsoft services are uncheck
- After that make sure that the windows installer checkbox is selected from the list of services. Just in case it is not done, then hit the checkbox
- Now, the user is supposed to click on ok tab
- The last step is to reboot the system configuration window
Step 3: Now, perform clean installation of QuickBooks
After the system opens uninstalling and reinstalling QuickBooks is recommended.
Step 4: The last step is to move to the normal startup mode
- Open the run command, by pressing ctrl + R
- The next step is to type in msconfig and click on OK tab
- The user should now select the normal set up in the general tab
- And also click on OK tab
- The last step is to restart the system configuration window
Process 4: Update windows to the latest release
Often outdated windows can trigger some sort of issue in QuickBooks. Using the version not only prevents users from leveraging the updated features rolled out by Microsoft. Updating the windows will eventually update essential Microsoft windows components that form a necessary prerequisite for an unobstructed functioning of the QuickBooks. The steps involved in this process are a s
- The very first step is to click on the start tab on the desktop and then search for update in the search box.
- The next step is to open the windows update window.
- After that, search for the tab named check for updates and double click the same.
- Let it take its time to search for the latest available updates.
- The user needs to place a tick mark beside all the essential updates and proceed with the downloading of these updates will automatically start installing soon after the boot screen.
- End the process to launch QuickBooks and then examine if the error 15104 is eliminated.
Process 5: Run batch file
- The user needs to right click the QuickBooks desktop, and select properties tab.
- After that, within properties, look for the tab named open file location and then click on it.
- This will directly take the user to the QuickBooks folder
- Type in reboot in the search box and also click on the enter key.
- Upon locating the file, double click to run it.
- It is preferable to open this file as an admin by right clicking it and select the run as admin option.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0?
By the end of the article, we expect that the readers might be able to successfully deal with the QuickBooks error code 15104. However, in case for some reason the user isn’t able to, then in that case contacting our QuickBooks support professionals at +1-844-318-0008 is recommended. We are a team of technically sound QuickBooks Support professionals who work round the clock to provide best possible support services.
QuickBooks error code 15104 is basically a technical error appearing in the multi-user mode that indicates an issue with the update process.
Well, updating Windows can cause such errors in QuickBooks program. Windows updates can sometimes cause issues with file permissions or access, which can lead to this error.
The user can try to rectify this issue, by simply performing the steps below:
1. The first step is to download the updates as an admin
2. Now, run quick fix my program
3. Installing a digital signature certificate
4. Repair QuickBooks
5. Reinstall QuickBooks
Few other helpful links