Struggling with QuickBooks Error 15212 and don’t know how to deal with it? Well, if that is the case, we can help you in dealing with the issue. Often when downloading payroll or QuickBooks updates one might end up in QuickBooks error code 15212. This error is seen with a couple of warning messages stated below:
“The payroll update did not complete successfully. Please try again. You must successfully download the update by the deadline displayed in the Get Updates window.”
“The QuickBooks update did not complete successfully.”
“The payroll update did not complete successfully. The location for the shared download is not accessible.”
The user can end up in such an error if a shared download drive isn’t mapped, or is not accessible. Also, if the drive is having insufficient access permissions, then coming across such an error is probable. There can be a couple of other factors causing such an error, which we will be elaborating later in this article. If you are interested in finding out what measures can be taken to deal with such an error, then going through this post till the end. However, in case of any query, the user can also get in touch with our certified QuickBooks technical support at 1-844-405-0907 and our technically sound experts will ensure to answer all the queries immediately.
What leads to QuickBooks error code 15212?
The user can end up in such an error due to the following reasons. Let us have a look:
- One of the major reasons can be if in case the download location that is shared for updates is mapped to a currently unavailable drive.
- Another valid reason for the same can be when the shared download is “switched off’ and the data file is opened from a non-mapped location.
- The user can also face similar issue if the hard disk or the remote download location doesn’t have enough disk space.
Important points to consider
Before performing the set of steps to successfully deal with such an error, it is very much essential for a user to check out the points illustrated below:
- The user should ensure that he/she is having an active payroll service subscription with QuickBooks
- Another important point is to check if not more than one QuickBooks version is installed on the system
- The user should also ascertain that the firewall or Internet security do not have restrictive settings as it can stop QuickBooks from accessing the Internet
Steps to fix the QuickBooks error code 15212
The user can try performing the below set of steps to successfully fix the QuickBooks error code 15212:
Method 1: Remap the data files to the network drive
- In this process, the user should first reboot the system
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to head to This PC and then double click to open it
- The next step is to click on the Map network drive option
- Now, click on the Browse option and go for the Data file to map it
- After the remapping process is complete, the user is required to check if QuickBooks 15212 Error is fixed
Method 2: Starting the system in Selective startup mode
In order to ascertain that there is no other program causing issue with the task, the user is recommended to switch to selective startup mode
- This can be done by pressing the Windows + R keys to open the run command
- After that enter Msconfig, then choose the OK tab
- Now, under the General tab, go for Selective Startup and the Load system service option
- The user should then click on the Services Tab, and then opt for hide all Microsoft Services
- The next step is to choose to disable all
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to uncheck the hide all Microsoft service checkbox
- And also ensure that the Microsoft Windows Installer option is chosen from the available services
- If it’s not, the user should choose the checkbox
- And then click on “OK”
- At last, the System Configuration window will appear, where the user should choose Restart
See this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3140?
Method 3 – Uninstall and Re-install QuickBooks
- In this process, the user should first move to Start and then type control panel option and open it
- The next step is to choose the Program and Features /Uninstall a program
- Once done with that choose the version which is responsible for this error
- And also click on uninstall and then on Remove
- The next step is to uninstall .NET Framework on Windows 7
Steps to Reinstall the QuickBooks
- For reinstalling QuickBooks, the user should double click on the QuickBooks.exe file downloaded.
- And then follow the steps that are being displayed on the screen
- The user will be asked to accept the terms and conditions and then click on Next
- After that enter the Product and License Number and perform the onscreen instructions
- And you are done with the process
Method 4 – Download the latest updates manually
- The very first step is to open your QuickBooks application.
- After that head to the Help option and then you will have to click on Update QuickBooks tab
- The user will then see Update QuickBooks Desktop window displayed on the screen
- After which the user will have to select the Option tab and then click on No for shared download option
- The next step is to save the changes and close
- Try to download the updates
- And this would fix the issue up to certain extent
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0?
By the end of the article, we believe that the reader might be able to successfully deal with the QuickBooks Error Code 15212.However, if for some reason the user isn’t able to deal with the issue, then in that case contacting our 24/7 QuickBooks enterprise support team at 1-844-405-0907 is recommended. We are a team of technically sound QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock to provide best possible support services instantly.
Few other helpful links