Learn the best ways to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6154
Intuit QuickBooks accounting software is one of the best known bookkeeping software used all over the world. In fact, it has changed the way accounting, bookkeeping and payroll and that’s why it is being used by small and medium businesses.This software not only helps in accounting but also helps businesses with their sales and financial management.
Even though it is one of the best accounting programs, it does run into trouble. One of the most common error that users generally face is the error code 6154. When this error happens then the message is displayed on the screen as:
“Error 6154 occurred when QuickBooks company file not open or QB unable to open specified folder or file.’’
When this error happens then QuickBooks users are not able to open any of the company file in as the computer will have problems in getting connected with the company file. This leads to QuickBooks software being unable to access any particular file or folder.
To fix this error users can take help from QuickBooks Support team or follow the below given troubleshooting actions that is recommended by experts.
Steps to Solve QuickBooks Error Code 6154
To fix this error follow the below mentioned steps:
- First thing to do is start your computer again.
- Now ‘Login‘ to your computer as the ‘System Administrator‘.
- After this you will get the permission to access the folder where you have kept all your QuickBooks company file.
- Log into your computer as the ‘System administrator‘ once you have restarted it.
- After this you have to try syncing your files or folders in your ‘C:\ drive‘ by using the ‘Sync Now‘ option.
- First log into your system as the ‘System administrator‘.
- After this ‘Move all your company file‘ and then reset your ‘sync Manager‘.
- Once done then move the folder from the previous location to any other folder in your system.
- Browse your computer and choose a ‘New location‘ for the file.
- After this make a new folder in the newly chose location.
- Now copy the file from the old location and move them to the new one.
- Now reset ‘Sync Manager‘.
- First go to the ‘QuickBooks Help Menu‘
- Then select the ‘Manage Data Sync‘ and click on the ‘Reset Sync Manager tab‘
- After this provide your credentials which includes your ‘user ID and password‘.
- And then permit ‘Sync Manager‘ to complete the first sync.
In case, you still face the issue, then you should seek assistance from QuickBooks Enterprise Support by dialing the toll free 1-844-405-0907. Our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors will provide you a quick and easy solution to QuickBooks related technical problems.
Few other helpful articles