The QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM) has to be restarted for the purpose to eliminate the associated error codes. The restarting suppose to perform on the machine that hosts the QB company files. Usually, this machine is the servers.! The QB users receives two options after installing the QuickBooks software, either to install only QBDBSM or the entire QuickBooks desktop program.
In case, you install the full QuickBooks desktop program – the QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM) will install & run automatically. But if you choose to install only QB Database Server Manager (QBDBSM) – then, you have to run the other programs manually.
You may also read: How to change SUI rate for Basic, Enhanced or Standard Payroll?
Why QBDBMGRN not running on this computer server error occurs?
This type of QuickBooks error can occur when the user updates QuickBooks to the latest version, but the Windows firewall is not updated. This means that the firewall blocks the access to the Internet. When the user makes an attempt to repair the company file using the QuickBooks file doctor. An error message might appear on the screen stating
“Repair the following network problems before accessing the company file from other computers on the network “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer“.
It should be noted that the QuickBooks file doctor tool can be used to simply fix the common issues on its own, but the fact is that it can’t configure the firewall of the system. And this can be one of the major causes of the issue. Thus, this makes it important for the user to carry out a manual process for changing the firewall settings, along with its port, in order to establish a proper internet connection.
How to Fix QBDBMGRN Not Running on this computer server problem in QuickBooks?
Below we have shared some conditions and troubleshooting methods to fix QBDBMGRN Not running on this computer server problem in QuickBooks desktop:
Condition 1: QuickBooks Programs Install on the Server or Host
- Open the QuickBooks on the host or server.
- The next step is to select Open or Restore Company, in the File menu.
- Select the “Open a Company File”, followed by Next.
- And then look for the company file and then select it.
- In the Multi-user Mode, select the Open File and then choose Open.
- Log in to the company file with normal username & password.
- Choose the File => Close the Company or log off to close the company file that’s on the server.
Condition 2: QBDBSM Install on the Server or Host
Follow the steps in consideration if the previous solution didn’t work out.
- Hit the “Start” or “Windows” tab.
- Choose the “Control Panel” option.
- Perform double click on the “Administrative Tools”, followed by the double-click on the “Services” .
After this, right click on the required or correct data manager:
- QuickBooksDB28(QuickBooks 2018)
- QuickBooksDB27(QuickBooks 2017)
- QuickBooksDB26(QuickBooks 2016)
Condition 3: QBDBSM doesn’t Work..!
Reboot the server and repeat the above-prescribed steps based on their setup.
In case, the QBDBSM still doesn’t work – follow the steps given below.
Step 1. Repair QuickBooks (Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10)
- At first, close all the programs that are blocking QuickBooks and restart the computer. And then, create the backup of the company file.
- Select the “Start” or “Windows” button and then, “Control Panel”.
- Note: In Windows 8 and 8.1:-
- Go to the “Start” or “Windows” tab.
- Open the “Search” option.
- Type-in the “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Finally, select the “Control Panel”.
- Select the “Programs and Features” then, “Uninstall a Programs”.
- In the program list, open the QuickBooks and choose the “Uninstall/Change” tab.
- Select the “Continue” icon and then hit the “Next” icon.
- Hit the “Repair” tab and select the “Next” button.
- Wait till the repair done and select “Finish”.
- And lastly, restart the system.
It might be possible that when the repairing is in processing – the user encounter error messages with “File In Use” dialogue. In case such error messages appear, the following steps suppose to be performed:-
Note: Before performing repair steps we request you to create a backup of your important files. In case of you have any queries related to data recovery, or data files repair, you can contact our QuickBooks data recovery support services.
- At first, select the “Ignore” icon (system must be a reboot).
- Hit the “OK” icon.
- It might be possible that you have to choose the “Ignore” icon multiple times. In order to continue the repair process.
- In case, there is no “Ignore” icon..! Hit the “Close” tab and wait until the repair done.
- Later, restart the computer.
Step 2. Use the Clean Install tool to Reinstall the QuickBooks
Being a QuickBooks user, make sure that before uninstalling QB software that you have basic things given below:
- QuickBooks Download File
- QB Installation CD
- License Number
Procedure to Uninstall the QuickBooks:
- Hit the Windows + R keys to open the Run command.
- In the search box, type in the “Control Panel” and press the “Enter” button.
- The user then needs to select “Programs and Features”. In case, “Control Panel” appears in the “Category” view then, choose the “Uninstall a Program”.
- After that, in the list of programs, the user needs to opt for the “QuickBooks” and then “Uninstall/Change”. The QB users suppose to follow the prompt for completing the process.
In case, there is an existing error in the QB software then, QuickBooks can’t be uninstalled. In such a scenario, the user supposes to seek assistance from the QuickBooks Support team anytime.
Rename the Installation folders:
You can either rename the installation folders manually. Or the user can also make use of the QuickBooks Clean install Tool to rename the folder.
Download and Run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- First of all, the user is required to download and save the QB Clean Install.exe file on the desktop.
- Make sure that the QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe is open. The QB users suppose to accept the license agreement and select the accurate QuickBooks version. Then, hit the “Continue” tab.
- Lastly, when the message gets displayed on the screen stating “QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory”. Hit the “OK” button.
Rename the Installation Folders Manually
Windows Explorer is recommended to display the entire hidden files & to rename all the folder locations. Preferably, users must add the “old” or “damaged” to the end of a folder name. This will not let QuickBooks software recognize the folder for creating a new folder.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
Access Denied while Renaming folders
- In this, the very first step is to hit the task manager, once right-clicking on the Windows Taskbar.
- Moving ahead, under the Processes tab, the user needs to tap on the Image Name column header, in order to sort the processes in alphabetical order.
- Once done with that, the user needs to select QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe and select “End Process”.
- The next step in the process is to tap on “Yes” when this message appears: “WARNING: Terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability….”
- Once this done, QuickBooks Desktop must be downloaded and installed.
Condition 4: Error message “Files in use” displayed on the screen
In case the user encounters an error message stating “Files in use”, then the user can carry out the steps listed below:
- First of all, the user needs to click on the “Ignore“, for the system reboot option.
- After that, tap on “OK“. (The user is supposed to ignore the option as many times as it appears on the screen, and continue with the process.)
- In case the Ignore option is not visible on the screen, then the user should click on “OK” button.
- And lastly, when the repair process comes to an end, then reboot the system.
This problem appears quite frequently in front of the QuickBooks users.! The above-prescribed solution and tips are enough to solve the QBDBMGRN not running on computer server issue manually. In case, the issue persists – we recommend you to contact the authorized and authentic QuickBooks Enterprise customer support team of Intuit certified ProAdvisors.
For a hassle-free and smooth QuickBooks experience, you can contact us at any time of the clock on their toll-free helpline number .i.e. +1-844-405-0907. We will be more happy to help you out in your concerns.
Other helpful article you may like: